seasonal weak time of the year

• Please log in to reply
320 replies to this topic

#61 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

nice to see gold rallying , however, nothing has been proven ..........yet. the inverse h&s pattern is important, but it has not been activated yet. it needs to get above the neckline and then come back down to it or even below it by 2-3% . if activated it will be one more arrow pointing to the low being in. if not all bets are off. india raised tax on gold and now silver imports to 10% and they are talking about putting size limits on purchases. india is and has been the largest gold buyers in the world. i dont take these developments likely. the whole seasonal chart is created by indian demand. these people have been buying and hoarding gold forever. it is practical for them, their rupee has been going down against the dollar since 1947 independence above 1350 is the 1st resistance. then the round # , then 1435 above that and the bottom is in. its not a time to buy strength. nor is this a market to buy strength. having the inverse h&s pattern trigger would give me alot more confidence as would getting over some of these resistance points. dharma

#62 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Nice call HOMBRE

will be watching gold 1315 plus or minus a few dollars and NUGT 6.87 for potential levels for a short term correction to bottom

PureBS

Senor

#63 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

everyone I know is waiting for one last crush on the miners Wither the crush is much deeper and longer than most suspect or it doesnt materialize

#64 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:22 AM

nothing is guaranteed . only death. no one has ever gotten out of here alive gold down, miners and silver up bullish action seems lots of folks have the 23-27 period as a turn lets see what it brings. my big concern as i have stated, is the removal of the largest gold buyers in the world from the equation. bonds have been unable to rally the broads have some weight to them. august-oct =the worst time of year for the broad market dharma

#65 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

nothing is guaranteed . only death. no one has ever gotten out of here alive

:D

#66 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:31 PM

so how will HUI handle this gap area? Form a more complex H$S here?

#67 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

cant count the move off June lows as a 5 wave move as 4 would overlap 1 so what is everyones favored count here: This is C up of an ABC corrective with more down to follow on its heels

#68 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

cant count the move off June lows as a 5 wave move as 4 would overlap 1
so what is everyones favored count here: This is C up of an ABC corrective with more down to follow on its heels

dougie:

That's one possible count or it's a B up (much higher targets and longer in duration)

stubaby B)

#69 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:00 PM

no possibilities for an impulse, only letters to the upside. the thing is the market is fresh out of the hole. how about in the metals this is 5 here that we are in. miners, 3of3 of 1 here. above 1440 and we have something. 1st reistance in the rear view mirror.
i will be pulling some of the table as we rise here. going into my dates.
dharma
looks like england will be joining the party
http://www.telegraph...rest-rates.html

all the tapper talk, may be just that, it would not surprise me in the least if they tapper or dont. if they raise the qe to 100b. the economic activity has its roots in the liquidity provided by qe.

dharma

#70 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

yesterday, the gold shorts were overrun @their 1st resistance point. happened intraday, which is interesting. there is more time left to this rally. 1400 is the next fortress. i keep reading about the shortage of physical gold. that the fractional reserve gold system is stretched thin, there is not enough physical gold to match the demand. i have no idea about this!? anyone else have any information.
http://kingworldnews..._Game_Over.html
the miners are still very cheap
silver leading
dharma