320 replies to this topic

#51 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:41 PM

Dharma wrote: this is a gann chart, https://www.facebook...1...e=1
notice the points that he has highlighted

Interesting that Stu's projected high for gold stocks and Chris Gibson's Gann turning point for gold on August 23 are in agreement.

Posted Image

hi russ, i dont know how stu or chris came to their conclusions, but as i mentioned above. there is big astro stuff starting then until the 27th. i have ideas how that will play out. but , we will see
dharma

#52 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Interesting that Stu's projected high for gold stocks and Chris Gibson's Gann turning point for gold on August 23 are in agreement.

Posted Image

hi russ, i dont know how stu or chris came to their conclusions, but as i mentioned above. there is big astro stuff starting then until the 27th. i have ideas how that will play out. but , we will see
dharma

Funny because I had August 24th +/- as a low. And a very important low off the late June levels. TWT.

cheers,

john

Edited by SilentOne, 12 August 2013 - 09:16 PM.

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#53 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:21 PM

Posted Image

dharma

Funny because I had August 24th +/- as a low. And a very important low off the late June levels. TWT.

cheers,

john

Hi John,

Been a while. Hope your health is better now. Do you have any thoughts on SPX and the general market?

Best,
Lee

#54 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

cheers,

john

John, The Gann chart gives several possibilities for the Aug 23 date including one for a low, it is 'Stubaby' that has the projection on his chart earlier in the string for it to be high in that time period. So now there several methods all predicting a focus then, Chris Gibson's Gann chart, Stu's, Dharma's astro and yours.

Russ
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#55 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

cheers,

john

John, The Gann chart gives several possibilities for the Aug 23 date including one for a low, it is 'Stubaby' that has the projection on his chart earlier in the string for it to be high in that time period. So now there several methods all predicting a focus then, Chris Gibson's Gann chart, Stu's, Dharma's astro and yours.

Russ

Russ,

Looks good for turn one way or another.

Prince, I'm not doing that much cycle work but in a few words, the $SPX put in a 4.5 year low last year and that is why it has been so strong this year. I can't see a major set back until next year.

cheers,

john
"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain

#56 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:28 AM

the dollar continues to strengthen against the indian rupee. i suspect the indian gmen will put even stricter rules against buying gold. this is not the 1st time this has happened. last time smuggling gold became routine. i suspect it happens again. of course certain packages will be ordered to not be inspected. i am told @the lows, the demand in india was 800 tons, they got 160. keep those premiums up boys. i expect this year and next to be a 1 and 2 type of thing. dont hit the snooze just yet. silver was below the price where qe began. it is overdone. it very well could have an impressive rally here. my work is in gold. i watch silver. but, it is the most speculative pm. gold is speculative enough, thank you. the link to the gann chart i posted created a bit of stir. ganns charts are always fascinating to me. so many market factors are taken into consideration. its clear where 1350 offers some stiff resistance. so more consolidation is needed to spike above those levels. notice how the taper talk ebbs and flows. its all a mirage. even if they do taper. the fed is stuck in hotel calif. w/o the liquidity the abyss awaits. @ some point the flood gates open. the world is awash and drowning in debt. and the banksters want to be paid. notice 40 of the 85 billion printed monthly goes directly to them. the rest goes to buy government bonds. it all takes time to work out. meanwhile like the magician attention is placed now on taper. the sector is gaining health, no doubt. however, as of yet, nothing has been proven dharma

#57 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

will be watching gold 1315 plus or minus a few dollars and NUGT 6.87 for potential levels for a short term correction to bottom PureBS Senor

#58 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:04 PM

will be watching gold 1315 plus or minus a few dollars and NUGT 6.87 for potential levels for a short term correction to bottom

PureBS

Senor

If you look at the GDX, it seems plausible that it is forming a complex head and shoulders bottom with two left shoulders and one head and then 2 right shoulders needed. If this is true, then it means we need one more trip down to make the last shoulder.

#59 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

will be watching gold 1315 plus or minus a few dollars and NUGT 6.87 for potential levels for a short term correction to bottom

PureBS

Senor

If you look at the GDX, it seems plausible that it is forming a complex head and shoulders bottom with two left shoulders and one head and then 2 right shoulders needed. If this is true, then it means we need one more trip down to make the last shoulder.

Scroll back a couple of pages, Stubaby posted the chart you are talking about.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#60 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

PureBS

Senor

boom! 1315 overnight low and prices at 1332, decline from 1349 looks corrective and miner's (and silver) leading and registering new rally highs, no guarantees but looks bullish to me

Senor