I bought into the solar story

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

Another $1000 wasted on hype, earnings are coming in ugly this time after the fleeting May run. I thought we would get another, I should have closed my positions a month ago. This bull market is over, maybe it resumes next year, but you can count me out when it comes to buying "growth". <_< You can have all the Tesla, DDD, solar etc. Until this market corrects 20-30% I have no use for such ventures. And you can't make me believe others here are not making bad trades just like I did. For sake of reputation they will never report.

Edited by CLK, 13 August 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#2 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

Another $1000 wasted on hype, earnings are coming in ugly this time ...

What was the solar stock you bought that prompted this rant? I am guessing FSLR. Why not play the solar story with TAN? ETFs give you more cushion against a bad earnings report.

KMB

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.

#3 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Another $1000 wasted on hype, earnings are coming in ugly this time ...

What was the solar stock you bought that prompted this rant? I am guessing FSLR. Why not play the solar story with TAN? ETFs give you more cushion against a bad earnings report.

KMB

RSOL....ASTI is next...bought 40 of the Jan. 2.5 calls @ .20, fully expect to expire worthless now. Look at the prior moves and you can
see why I picked them.

#4 kssmibotm

kssmibotm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 653 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

And you can't make me believe others here are not making bad trades just like I did. For sake of reputation
they will never report.

I bought a health care REIT (HCN) in early May. Just sold it today for a 7K loss, not including some dividends. I had bought another health care REIT (HR) late last year. I had a huge profit in it in May when I decided to buy HCN. I have watched about 60% of the profit in HR evaporate in the last 2.5 months. You are not alone in making bad trades.

KMB

People think the Holy Grail is something looked for but never found. In fact, it is something often found but rarely recognized.