• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 10:00 AM

FWIW here's a quote:

What will happen to gold stocks for the next few months? With the coming selling pressure, HUI should continue its decline to around 155-160 in early July. XAU and NEM have old price gaps at 74.88 and 33.40 that should be filled in early July. These targets will be great buying opportunities for gold stocks because of its Wave 5 up into September. In the past, Wave 5 up for gold stocks has been a very strong rally, and the targets are HUI 300-315 and XAU 140-150 by late September. So gold stocks might be the most profitable investment during the late summer months, but wait for a good buying opportunity around HUI 155-160 and XAU 70-75. Inflation fears will probably return because the Fed is so far behind the curve, which will cause gold stocks to skyrocket into September like they did before the 1987 crash when NEM skyrocketed 122% in 12 weeks! Will we see a repeat of history?

Quote Source

#2 TomD

TomD

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:07 PM

another safe have article
Health Canada has just released a study which shows that 100% of the population who have been exposed to whole milk products will die.

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 03:47 PM

Well for the first time in 4 years I no longer own any pure gold stocks. Have one silver and good o'll FCX & CCJ. :unsure: ,mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 11:01 PM

MSS,
According to your weekly 8 & 34 EMAs we shoulda sold our gold back in April.
http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$xau,uu[e,a]waclyyay[df][pc8!c34][vc60][i][j32803117,y]&r=7913.png

#5 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 05:33 AM

MSS,
According to your weekly 8 & 34 EMAs we shoulda sold our gold back in April.

For my short term holdings I did .Kept some of my long term in core holdings, and also bought some during first upleg. But for conservitive trading, All should have been sold. Have not, and wont, posted an improvement in short term use of the 8/34, using 5-13-21 also. ;) mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#6 anjing bau

anjing bau

• Traders-Talk User
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 02:09 PM

China and India will put upward pressure on commodities for at least the next decade or 2. Gold is on its way to 500>> Where the first leg up in a secular bull market will complete. The supply demand balance in the PM space will have as much to do with Gold's ascent as will the undereported inflation figures..... A rise in interest rates will hit the core inflation number a lot harder than a spike in Oil and food stuff prices.... we can always take the Bus, we can always buy the less expensive cuts of meat etc. The mortgage OTOH cant be avoided unless you are palnning to sell and close it out. Rising housing costs are inflationary (whether you rent or own)...ARM's holders will feel the pain. USD is in a secular bear market. This will also benefit POG.

#7 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 02:35 PM

rising interst rates increase money velocity as well