Syria Attack Delayed As the President Heading to G-20 Next Week

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,039 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

"A delay also allows Obama to use his visit to the G-20 summit next week in St. Petersburg, Russia, to build a broader political coalition of countries willing to support U.S. military action even if they aren’t contributing militarily. France has indicated it stands with the U.S.

Obama’s gambit, though, assumes that Congress will authorize the use of force. It also assumes the regime of Bashar al-Assad won’t use the delay -- Congress is unlikely to vote before the week of Sept. 9 -- to launch another chemical weapons or other mass casualty attack.

If either assumption turns out to be wrong, the president hasn’t ruled out ordering a strike on his own. He and aides made it clear he’s not ceding executive power and that they think that, legally, he has the authority to proceed even if Congress says no. "

http://www.bloomberg...ongress-ok.html

#2 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

I suppose this adds that element of "uncertainty" that the market is not supposed to like.
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:30 AM

Syria is just an excuse. If market goes down next week, it will be based more on economic outlook & news during the week than a limited and well advertised in advance strike on Syria.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule