5 replies to this topic

#1 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,890 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Almost back to the highs after the tag and reverse off the hourly 900

Posted Image

May see some reaction at the old highs, but longer pic looks more bullish than bearish at this point

Posted Image

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#2 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Watching that 900 work is a thing of beauty, might I ask-what drew you to 900 as a figuire? When I'm trading a bit longer term, I like the 377 on the daily-but I'm liking your 900 for intermediate use, for sure.

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,890 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Watching that 900 work is a thing of beauty, might I ask-what drew you to 900 as a figuire? When I'm trading a bit longer term, I like the 377 on the daily-but I'm liking your 900 for intermediate use, for sure.

A number of years back, I was playing around with different MAs longer than the most commonly used...and when I put up the 900, it was just uncanny how many different charts on different time frames tagged and reversed at the 900 (or sometimes slight overshoot towards the 1000).

On the daily, it roughly equals the 200 week, which basically stopped both the crash in 29 and the crash in 87 BTW.

In general, the further price moves to get to the 900, the more likely it is that price will reverse upon the tag.
If the move towards the 900 starts from a nearer proximity, especially if the 900 is stalling out momowsie, the more likely it is that price will bust through the 900 and continue moving in the direction of the breakthrough, until it meets support or resistance from a larger time frame.

And when you get a whole lot of 900s on different time frames lining up in the same area, I call that a Synchronous Cyclicity setup, which can lead to large moves once all time frames get in gear simultaneously....similar to what USDCHF is exhibiting right now. Often times there is whole lotta shakin' of the tree before the move gets under way in earnest though....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Wow, quite interesting. Thanks for your well spoken answer, much appreciated!

#5 PrintFaster

PrintFaster

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

I've been watching K-Wave's 900 ribbon for years, that thing works like magic.

#6 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

spooky..there is no magic number// 8 13 34 .....fibs extension is all you need....