Photo

Does Fed want market

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: FED and market

Does FED want

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

I look forward to hearing responses.

#2 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:06 AM

your forgot to put time frame in. Not much use otherwise.

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#3 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

in the crisis of 2008, , 4Q - Paulson and Congress used the threat (and taste) of a market dump to convince Americans to give them carte blanche - if, which I believe could well be the case - the group with power wants to push through some form of unpleasant legislation, they will orchestrate 'scary losses' and tell the public there is only one way to avoid this scary situation,i.e. let them have total carte blanche again.
best,
klh

#4 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

I won't because of that or reply to most post without a time frame or swing amount in mind. Silly otherwise. It's like the saying, "If you argue with a fool pretty soon you look like one too."

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#5 fluid

fluid

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

How about "high enough to generate enough sustainable taxable revenues to be able to turn off the printing press, is ok?"

:)

#6 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

How about "high enough to generate enough sustainable taxable revenues to be able to turn off the printing press, is ok?"

:)

nope because they can't, like Japan can't, like others in Euro can't. We all know that. They may slow for show but off completely not going to happen until the systems goes in the toilet like all others that debased the currency. Just a matter of when. It could take a long long time though.

Time Flu need time for reference or swing amount.

took a 10 min break we are busy over there hit One major Kraken zone 82.50-88.50 and 3 new K3's during cash 1 tradable +1.75 for me besides others but some took down 2.5 all 3 hit though.

Another one is in effect there is a surprise on that one.

Ok back to work.

Edited by zoropb, 04 October 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#7 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,023 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

IMO, the Fed wants the market down ST to help those who want expansive government, but they don't want it down too far, and certainly nothing out of control. LT, they want it up. They've said as much, too.

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#8 gm_general

gm_general

• TT Member+
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

The answer is "yes". The Fed wants the market to gyrate up and down in large swings as the people they inform ahead of time profit all the more than if it headed in one direction all the time.