The horror stories are coming in

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#471 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:29 PM

I strongly agree that our education system has egregiously failed at least two generations now. Like who are going to be the next generations of teachers. however, I strongly disagree with health care service at the VA - I am a veteran and I have had both private insurance and just the va. It was the va that found the cause of my asthma, hyper ige syndrome, and provided me with a treatment that is close to a miracle. I have never had a problem getting an appointment and get the best doctors when necessary. They sent me to YALE for my allergies. My treatment isn't cheap - xolair - I need three doses every two weeks at $1,000 a dose. Semiper Fi

#472 MaryAM

MaryAM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:40 PM

Also, my significant other -we wen,t married - went to the UCON medical center several years ago with food stuck in his esophagus - he was a veteran. After 14 hours and medicine for acid reflux we went to the va at west haven. Within an hour they diagnosed him with esophageal cancer. I lost him five years ago but they did heroics to save him.

#473 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:16 PM

OBAMACARE NOVEMBER SURPRISE...
Huge rate increases before election day...

Many consumers will see large rate increases for the first time Nov. 1 — a week before they go to the polls.

“I have to raise prices because I have to assume the worst,” said Martin Hickey, CEO of New Mexico Health Connections, one of the surviving co-ops, which expects to increase prices by roughly a third for 2017.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 02 May 2016 - 05:20 PM.

#474 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:51 PM

Government health care is wonderful when you don't die.

VA blamed for deaths.

Caretaker looking for sex, ignored veterans.

Got 90 day jail sentence as punishment for death.

Veterans' families blame VA center on deaths

Scalded to death in 120 degree bath as nurse talked on phone...

#475 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:29 PM

Obamacare's 2017 Insurer Rate Requests Are Starting to Stream in, and the Figures Are Scary If you thought healthcare premium price hikes were high in 2016, you haven't seen anything yet, based on this preliminary data for 2017.

A weighted average increase per ACASignUps.net of 27%! Ouch!

It's hard to ignore that the underlying principle of the program, namely affordability, appears to be headed in the wrong direction.

#476 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

REALITY CHECK: Prescription medicine is less expensive using our Sam's Club Plus membership than using our TAXPAYER SUBSIDIZED Obamacare policy.

Obamacare Insurers Looking for Taxpayer Bailout...

#477 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:06 PM

"AFFORDABLE CARE" ACT is neither affordable nor does it have anything to do with actual health care.

OBAMACARE ENROLLMENT DROPS OFF...

The number of people enrolled in coverage through President Barack Obama’s health care law this year decreased to 11.1 million by the end of March, down from 12.7 million by the January deadline.

The Obama administration released new enrollment numbers Thursday that showed the number of people who signed up by January 31 exceeded those who were covered in the spring. A dropoff in enrollment has happened before, and is partially caused by people who sign up for coverage by the deadline but then lose it because they do not pay their premiums.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 30 June 2016 - 10:11 PM.

#478 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

singularity,

this means the point of infinite knowledge and awareness.

its always the simplest and first thing, so that is why born in the asylum they are bombarded

with lies nested in superstition wrapped in abstraction so they won't know the difference as they

pass through the snake.

so the epiphany is, I dont know, if there is such a thing as a monetary system where they

didnt need to learn, think, work, act, know, produce, or exist in any single instance of fact or

reality for as much as one moment,

such that out of this same cesspool there remains still "others" of intelligence and work available

for them to tax.

moral hazard

but the singularity is this

even this ignorance cannibal utopial existed, there is no evidence that is what the

agenda is building, in fact accelerating the opposite is the obvious point of fact.

so it goes back to my original theme, the simplest and first thing,

they are being depopulated and chanting for more.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#479 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 06:40 PM

Obama Pushes for Public Option in ACA

About time, Barack.  While only a majority of Americans have supported single payer all these years ("only"), a vast majority have and still do support the public option.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#480 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:05 AM

Frustration mounts over ObamaCare co-op failures...

Less than 1/3 remain in operation.

(As planned) ;-)

The co-ops were set up under ObamaCare to increase competition with established insurers, but just seven of the original 23 co-ops now remain. The latest round of failures poses an even thornier problem than earlier cases because enrollees’ coverage is now being disrupted in the middle of the year. That can increase patients’ out of pocket costs and make it harder to keep the same doctors.

Having to switch plans in the middle of the year is a problem because it often means that enrollees need to start over on paying their deductibles, in effect increasing the amount they pay out of pocket for care.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 01 August 2016 - 09:09 AM.