latest on gold !!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

this is from a commodity service I have observed for years[I am not a subscriber] he is seldom wrong and has been referred to on this board before.

FWIW, Gold is topping out here and now,and heading down into the end of the year. [I, myself see new lows] B)

best of luck to all...

#2 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

"my bet is a LOW @ 10-22+-] and 1500 before yearend,,,, then reenvaluate"
pisces

this is from a commodity service I have observed for years[I am not a subscriber] he is seldom wrong and has been referred to on this board before.

FWIW, Gold is topping out here and now,and heading down into the end of the year. [I, myself see new lows] B)

best of luck to all...

Edited by dougie, 26 October 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#3 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

"my bet is a LOW @ 10-22+-] and 1500 before yearend,,,, then reenvaluate"
pisces

best of luck to all...

the title of my post read "the latest" which supercedes all previous posts. in this business you adjust or be left in the dust.
been doing this for over 40 yrs and mind you not always successful.
TWT, :) btw, i read all your post with great interest.

#4 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

Who is the commodity adviser you are referring to?
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#5 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

Who is the commodity adviser you are referring to?

Eric Hadic of inside track,

#6 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hadik has changed his mind multiple times over the past few weeks, the guy writes all kinds of stuff then he is never wrong... This is what I sent Dougie in answer to his private message to me... "This places the focus on October 21, the earliest that the daily trends could turn up." Eric Hadik Oct 18. He also says it would take a daily close above 1328 to reverse the downtrend, today is above that. "Gold and silver could see a sharp drop before or after late October - taking them to their ultimate downside destination" - Eric Hadik for period Oct 21-25. "Before or After late October"...well that covers all the bases doesn't it, the guy is full of hot air. My work shows GDX and NUGT will go up into late Dec to Jan 2014.

Edited by Russ, 26 October 2013 - 03:51 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#7 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Time-out on above message, to clarify Gold and Silver including the stocks should go up into late December or even into January.

#8 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Time-out on above message, to clarify Gold and Silver including the stocks should go up into late December or even into January.

I am not going to disagree with you.i posted because I thought it was of interest.
90% of my trading is in individual stocks [Edwards +Mcgee chart patterns]
NUGT + GDX are not saying anything to me other than they could be building a double bottom,which comes into play only if they better their AUG top,at which time I,ll be all over them.
short term both are overbought,
re, Eric Hadic, his bullishness about the stockmarket in recent month helped me ignore all the TOP and CRASH calls.
lets see what happens to his TOP call for NOV4-8.
I myself do not make any forcasts and I am always sceptic of others
TWT, BEST OF LUCK TO ALL.

=+,

#9 tradermama

tradermama

• Traders-Talk User
  • 909 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Hadik has changed his mind multiple times over the past few weeks, the guy writes all kinds of stuff then he is never wrong...

This is what I sent Dougie in answer to his private message to me...

"This places the focus on October 21, the earliest that the daily trends could turn up." Eric Hadik Oct 18.

He also says it would take a daily close above 1328 to reverse the downtrend, today is above that.

"Gold and silver could see a sharp drop before or after late October - taking them to their ultimate downside destination" - Eric Hadik for period Oct 21-25.

"Before or After late October"...well that covers all the bases doesn't it, the guy is full of hot air.

My work shows GDX and NUGT will go up into late Dec to Jan 2014.

Russ,
I'm in agreement with you there too. First I don't follow Hadik all the time but he does adjust like others do and he has been wrong quite a few times since I have observed him now and then but I do know he's been right too..LOL!...so I have no idea what his percentage is being right...that said..
From a pnf viewpoint...as I mentioned before gold has a positive trend now and that is the first time this year since it turned negative Dec 2012 along with gdx turning negative earlier in Dec. GDX hasn't yet..and needs 33 to do that..if that just gets touched ...then a lot more upside from there.

I typically use gdx for the guide over nugt but nugt at this time on pnf got a buy signal Friday..and it's relative strength (RS) change to X...so there is momentum there that should last at least a month but I have seen this for nugt flip back to O sooner than that...that's why I prefer using gdx more as a guide...48.50 would be a pnf sell but that could also be a fake out too seeing it's really all about where gold is going which I think we got a lot more upside there...as I stated on the pnf thread.
I believe the last few years gold seems to have some sort of top in Dec..

Now why would gold go higher into next year?..It's all about the currency wars...the euro is going to be presenting a problem as it is getting closer to that 1.40.. (the euro got a positive trend in July and the $ a negative in Sept)....and it's near it's top range ..only if it touches 1.31 and that will be rising will it get a negative trend.....the $ needs 83.50 for a positive trend......so maybe Europe starts lowering rates...and there we go again with the currency wars continuing....but how high will be the issue for gold imo....can gold and the markets go up together...yes and I think we might see that...

what needs to happen imo is the three musketeers to go up together...gold/gdx/silver...can't have one without the other if this is a real bottom in gold imo..and miners have the best risk/reward as they have really been beaten down

Just thoughts..no predictions...

TM

#10 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Hadik has changed his mind multiple times over the past few weeks, the guy writes all kinds of stuff then he is never wrong...

This is what I sent Dougie in answer to his private message to me...

"This places the focus on October 21, the earliest that the daily trends could turn up." Eric Hadik Oct 18.

He also says it would take a daily close above 1328 to reverse the downtrend, today is above that.

"Gold and silver could see a sharp drop before or after late October - taking them to their ultimate downside destination" - Eric Hadik for period Oct 21-25.

"Before or After late October"...well that covers all the bases doesn't it, the guy is full of hot air.

My work shows GDX and NUGT will go up into late Dec to Jan 2014.

Russ,
I'm in agreement with you there too. First I don't follow Hadik all the time but he does adjust like others do and he has been wrong quite a few times since I have observed him now and then but I do know he's been right too..LOL!...so I have no idea what his percentage is being right...that said..
From a pnf viewpoint...as I mentioned before gold has a positive trend now and that is the first time this year since it turned negative Dec 2012 along with gdx turning negative earlier in Dec. GDX hasn't yet..and needs 33 to do that..if that just gets touched ...then a lot more upside from there.

I typically use gdx for the guide over nugt but nugt at this time on pnf got a buy signal Friday..and it's relative strength (RS) change to X...so there is momentum there that should last at least a month but I have seen this for nugt flip back to O sooner than that...that's why I prefer using gdx more as a guide...48.50 would be a pnf sell but that could also be a fake out too seeing it's really all about where gold is going which I think we got a lot more upside there...as I stated on the pnf thread.
I believe the last few years gold seems to have some sort of top in Dec..

Now why would gold go higher into next year?..It's all about the currency wars...the euro is going to be presenting a problem as it is getting closer to that 1.40.. (the euro got a positive trend in July and the $ a negative in Sept)....and it's near it's top range ..only if it touches 1.31 and that will be rising will it get a negative trend.....the $ needs 83.50 for a positive trend......so maybe Europe starts lowering rates...and there we go again with the currency wars continuing....but how high will be the issue for gold imo....can gold and the markets go up together...yes and I think we might see that...

what needs to happen imo is the three musketeers to go up together...gold/gdx/silver...can't have one without the other if this is a real bottom in gold imo..and miners have the best risk/reward as they have really been beaten down

Just thoughts..no predictions...

TM

If you wait until GDX hits 33 you are leaving a lot of money on the table and it seems like the run will be almost over by then, but I thought you said you are holding some nugt now? nugt is just gdx with leverage. About your last statement, I don't see how you can trade if you are not making predictions???

It looks like there will be some weakness going into end of Oct to early Nov for the metals btw.