Gutting the American Middle Class, part...too many to count

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

And number-one on this "illustrious" list is...one guess.

10 COMPANIES PAYING AMERICANS THE LEAST

P.S. Seventy-six percent of Americans support a substantial increase in the minimum wage -- 91 percent of Democrats and, wonder of wonder, even a majority of Republicans, 58 percent -- so there's a chance these guys are about to get whacked.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

Well these companies will raise prices, companies always get their inflation. And these will then be good stocks because stock price metrics are inflation units of dollar quantities per share, not economic value per share. The people will be taken out of much, or all subsidy making welfare pay better, They will pay more SS and Medicare tax. I assume they will not pay any income tax. Almost all there income will be spent on food, much taken back by inflation, with will net very little at the margin. These are mostly food and food service workers and other retail. Cashier is the largest employer in the country. Kelly services is the 3rd largest employer in the country. Once they go down the slippery slope of slavery, which is taxing labor to print the debt paper, legislating the transportation costs like statue liability insurance and registration plates, and drivers licenses whereas the supreme court decision stated clearly that the right to travel was so fundamental to the natural rights of life, it can never be restricted, all these statue crimes against right of life, is how you got the whole enchillada up to price and wage controls and nsa, and these people suffer the most for it by double whammy, by never keeping up with devaluation rate, then getting crumbs late never recovering from compounding of time value. You will also have the population booms of welfare and debt bubbles making too many of these laborers, there is no supply and demand market forces of equilibrium when the communists print up population booms. It is all the same on satanic disease and the society has to pick none of it or all of it, it is always all of it. In communism, the educated class stops reproducing and you get too many of these laborers, too much slave labor supply, no market wage forces. Since the people are incapable of governing themselves, they also relegated it to the banking, media, and money printing class, all of it including the bought legislature. If I could print the money I would buy the media and legislature and make the legislation just the way I wanted too, big surprise. You either have no communism or you got all of it, no in between. Now stick your head in the sand like a good slave.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#3 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Look up the latest J. Sinclair with G. Hunter. The next phase of this he calls the great leveling, is to now take down the white collar W2 corp employees down to the detroit level. I imagine this is efficiently done by taking down the stock mkt, triggering scheduled layoffs. Study the 433a and Nola online means test to see the statute and mechanisms to confiscate all property. Even crap property counts against asset value which was one of my original conclusions, never buy any of their crap. These people will never figure it out and get harvested in about 90 days, depending on how they are about quickly depleting 401k at 62% after tax value, grasp to dying plastic dreams. That is what they are counting on, they will keep making the (mort)gage, car, lifestyle payments to transfer the 401k back to the cabal. Do you get an installment of that in early 2014 or not until 2016? I think you get some of it directly after Christmas.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:23 PM

First, get as many as possible not working and dependent on the government.
Then destroy the middle class.
Then the overwhelming majority will support complete redistribution with no moral consideration.

Until then, the D.C. government class is firmly in bed with the 1% Wall Streeters:

DC now fastest growing region of one percenters in the county...

Overtakes NY, LA...

'INCOME GAP' WIDENS...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 18 November 2013 - 02:24 PM.

#5 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

I swear, the evil that is Wal-Mart is so staggering it's practically beyond imagining...

Wal-Mart asks its workers to donate to its needy workers so they can give thanks at Thanksgiving

A Cleveland Wal-Mart store is holding a food drive — for its own employees.

"Please donate food items so associates in need can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner," reads a sign accompanied by several plastic bins.

The Cleveland Plain Dealer first reported on the food drive, which has sparked outrage in the area.

"That Wal-Mart would have the audacity to ask low-wage workers to donate food to other low-wage workers — to me, it is a moral outrage," Norma Mills, a customer at the store, told the Plain Dealer.

A company spokesman defended the food drive, telling the Plain Dealer that it is evidence that employees care about each other.

"This store has been doing this for several years and is for associates that have faced an extreme hardship recently," spokesman Kory Lundberg told us.

Lundberg says an example of this would be a recent layoff in the family or some other financial hardship.

Wal-Mart has been criticized for paying low wages to its 2.2 million employees.

Last week, 50 people were arrested after protesting the retailer's pay at a store in Los Angeles.

Wal-Mart turned a profit of $15.7 billion last year.

The original version of this story stated that Wal-Mart was asking customers to donate food. The food drive is actually among employees.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#6 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:54 PM

Read the free Manfred Zimmel. These are many of my thoughts, the new one from him is 70 year real estate bear mkt, total wipeout, at least 90%, largely associated with the depopulation themes, chemtrails, cellular, wi-fi. I'm telling you, what ever you get out of here with end of 2015 is all you'll ever have. I may end up in Ukraine, absolutely not possible to subsist in the west, depleted all resources in a short time then what. Armstrong is covering the L. Summers speech at IMF. To eliminate cash, with negative interest rates, charging people interest to keep digits in accounts. I suppose this does confiscate denominated coins and only bullion will work. I always wondered why treasury is so eager to sell those coins. I will get rid of, denominated coins in exchange for bullion.

#7 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Roger Daltrey: ‘I will never forgive Labour for their immigration policies’

Roger Daltrey, The Who frontman, says that he is angry that Labour's mass immigration policies have taken jobs from his friends

Roger Daltrey, the lead singer of The Who, says he will never forgive Labour for their mass immigration policies as he says they “destroyed the jobs of my mates”.

The musician, who once supported the party, says that they have let down his generation by allowing an influx of workers which resulted in jobs being undercut because of “stupid thinking on Europe”.

http://www.telegraph...n-policies.html
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#8 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,878 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

I swear, the evil that is Wal-Mart is so staggering it's practically beyond imagining...

I find it interesting that those who find voluntary exchange evil but have no problem with outright tyranny and fraud destroying the middle class:

"If you want to keep your plan, you can keep it.
If you want to keep your doctor you can.
The average family will save $2500 per year.
All will be forced to buy it or else."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 19 November 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#9 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:16 AM

Better than a raise in salary?

McDONALD'S TELLS ITS LOW-WAGE EMPLOYEES TO "SING AWAY STRESS"

Also provides phone line assistance where its workers can get government food stamp assistance. :D

Better the government subsidize instead of the company having to pay. Isn't that the new American way? :rolleyes:

McDonald’s advises its low-wage workers to try “breaking food into pieces” to feel full, and urges them to “pack your bags” for vacation, “chew away cares” with gum, “keep the faith” by going to church, and “sing away stress.”

These and other tips appear on a “McResource Line” website created by the McDonald’s Corp. to advise workers on stress, health and personal finances. Among the tips that appear on the site: “Chewing gum can reduce cortisol levels by 16%”; “At least two vacations a year can cut heart attack risk by 50%”; “Singing along to your favorite songs can lower your blood pressure”; and “People who attend more church services tend to have lower blood pressure.” The site also offers dietary tips for physical and mental health: “The tryptophan in cheese will increase serotonin levels and boost your mood”; “Trans fats raise the risk of depression, while olive oil can prevent the blues” and “Breaking food into pieces often results in eating less and still feeling full.” (That last one may be intended as dietary rather than budgetary advice.)

Some of those tips are featured in a new video slamming McDonald’s, released Tuesday afternoon by a group behind fast food workers’ strikes. The video, posted on a website started by the New York group Fast Food Forward, ends by declaring, “Had enough of McDonald’s Help? So have the more than 700,000 people who work for them,” and exhorts viewers to support them. McDonald’s did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

While McDonald’s offers tips for individual self-improvement, and has responded to past criticism by touting its opportunities for individual self-advancement, the past year has seen an unprecedented wave of collective action against the fast food industry. As I’ve reported, a wave of one-day strikes, which began a year ago in New York City, spread to include 60 cities in an August walkout, all demanding $15 an hour and the chance to form a union without intimidation. The Service Employees International Union has been the main national player behind the campaign’s funding and strategy. The campaign has previously slammed McDonald’s for the sample budget it offers online for low-wage workers, and for a McResource phone line whose advice includes seeking food stamps.

The McResource site suggests workers focus on the positive: “Stress hormone levels rise by 15% after ten minutes of complaining.”

#10 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:01 AM

Roger Daltrey: ‘I will never forgive Labour for their immigration policies’

Roger Daltrey, The Who frontman, says that he is angry that Labour's mass immigration policies have taken jobs from his friends

Roger Daltrey, the lead singer of The Who, says he will never forgive Labour for their mass immigration policies as he says they “destroyed the jobs of my mates”.

The musician, who once supported the party, says that they have let down his generation by allowing an influx of workers which resulted in jobs being undercut because of “stupid thinking on Europe”.

http://www.telegraph...n-policies.html

The push by Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg to expand the number of visas for high-tech foreign workers is an attempt to dilute a lucrative job market with cheap, indentured labor.

H1-B Visas: Clever Trick for Cheap Tech Talent

I have a hard time understanding the notion that there's a severe need for more workers from abroad when wages for these jobs rose only 4.5 percent between 2000 and 2011. You see stagnant wages for high skilled workers, when these companies tell you that they desperately need high skilled workers. Why not raise wages to attract those workers?

http://www.inc.com/e...ap-labor.html/1
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.