Photo

QE Forever?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Will QE Ever End? (74 member(s) have cast votes)

When Will the F'eds Q.E. Program End?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

the markets are in the process of discounting an unparalleled world wide inflationary boom of historic proportions......and j6p.s are quivering in their shells worried about the same goblins of deflation that have worried investors for decades.......poor souls have no clew to whats coming..... ;)

Then lego my eggos and give me my gold rally! LOL

Edited by goldfungus, 17 November 2013 - 02:31 PM.

#32 SixSigma

SixSigma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

The push into real estate by corporations, businesses, and investors, as well as a few well timed consumers, was no joke. Whether it was planned or not (the financial collapse I mean) is another question entirely; these people have seized on it. In places in CA and highly desirable markets like Los Angeles appreciation has come in at about 20% in the last year, in areas like Las Vegas more, and in some areas a little less. Still not at the levels we were post bubble but heading in that direction. My gauge tells me that we are in the second, beginning the third year of an inflationary spiral, that will peak in about ten to twelve years from when it began. For some time the elite have been using real estate as the vehicle of choice, for a multitude of reasons (everyone needs a roof over their head), and the expansion and appreciation of real estate prices and other corollary assets will drive the economy and wages for this next period of time. As real estate prices increase so must wages, and they again are going to have to find a way to make borrowing to purchase real estate more affordable for more people. Is this going to end well - my gut tells me it should end similarly to before; rinse, reload, repeat. I see buying gold at the end of this cycle as being a great call; when the flippers are back in buying every piece of real estate they can see hand and foot, this should be a great time to buy precious metals, which by then should have tanked. My 2 cents per prognostications...

Edited by reddybuild, 17 November 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#33 SixSigma

SixSigma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

So, in answer to the question on when will QE end, only when the Bond holders throw it out the window...maybe a decade?!?!? A rose by any other name is still a rose... :wub:

Edited by reddybuild, 17 November 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#34 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

I believe they should've started tapering few months ago. Economy is in far better shape than what's being perceived and all this QE is just creating another bubble. But I guess that's what they want. Or maybe they are just afraid of stopping it since it's they no longer know how to run the economy markets without it.

#35 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

I believe they should've started tapering few months ago. Economy is in far better shape than what's being perceived and all this QE is just creating another bubble. But I guess that's what they want. Or maybe they are just afraid of stopping it since it's they no longer know how to run the economy markets without it.

>...stopping qe<....huh when did it start... at 675????? ya got me...... :lol:

#36 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

Was I specifically talking to you? BTW, weren't you also long in 2007 at 15XX? Oh yes you were, you great market timer! :lol:

#37 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:40 PM

Was I specifically talking to you? BTW, weren't you also long in 2007 at 15XX? Oh yes you were, you great market timer! :lol:

>>snort///<<<what]]]] it is a 3 of 3 or a ... Pi of 3.1 ... lmao, imho, lol... showing my age..'to the moon alice...))))
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#38 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

>>snort///<<<what]]]] it is a 3 of 3 or a ... Pi of 3.1 ... lmao, imho, lol... showing my age..'to the moon alice...))))

is that all you got?? :D .....so when did qe start?

#39 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

and when it came to 2007 i traded it from theshort side as per this post http://www.siliconin...?msgid=24036784

#40 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

and when it came to 2007 i traded it from theshort side as per this post http://www.siliconin...?msgid=24036784

Market timer of your statue and all you have to show me is a message from silicon investor?! I thought you are going to show me brokerage statement with never ending zeros. Let's be honest here. You can't trade and you are always bullish. That's alright man. It's a legit strategy. Just don't represent yourself as someone you are not.