searching for a bottom!

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#251 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

4 yrs from now (around) i would be cashing in PM complex...DOW will be around 5-6K...gold not so far behind either...world would look very different...and govt world over would be forced to implement many progressive policies after Global Asset Bust....

Edited by andiron, 31 December 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#252 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

I second that Senor. The JGUITARSLIM is one cool head. And like you I am not trading, but, accumulating select miners here.
I believe what JGUITARSLIM said is so relevant and worth a read by all.

Wishing all A Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year. :bye:

There are technicians, fundamentalists, traders, investors, etc etc. Funny how depending on one's perspective can see something completely different than another.
Personally Ive never been concerned with catching THE bottom, I don't think many of the mill/billionaire investors ever were.
When you see a valuable asset on sale you accumulate it.
As I look around I'm seeing tremendous value in this sector, couple that with all the other things mentioned already like sentiment, metal at cost of production for miners, etc
I'm convinced this is not the time to be trading. Granted my time perspective is longer than 24 hours.
Hell I bought a company today for $2/oz Au…just crazy! Think we will someday look back upon this period and think what an opportunity.
Happy New Year!!!

you have your head on straight amigo, I stopped trading many weeks ago as I said and started accumulating miners this month

Senor

Peace
johngeorge

#253 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

the valuations in this sector are quite compelling. last time in the 79 time frame. miners were valued for gold in the ground /and implied gold in the ground. a far cry from today. well are the lows in? its a really good possibility. the real question is , is there value in these companies. and to that i can answer unequivocally yes. the sector is worth accumulating. i do hold positions overnight and am willing to hold for long periods of time. i have no leverage. this sector will go from most hated to loved. not if but when. its only a matter of time. nibble nibble. no doubt there are many ways to play the markets dharma

#254 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

drove 650 miles today, just got to destination and logged in, bueno 5% gains in miners, looks like we may have something brewin here - norte of 208-210 and adios to the upside Senor

#255 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

ola senor, w/ all the money you going to make in gold in next few years, you surely would be able to afford a chaffeur....

#256 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:10 AM

ola senor,

w/ all the money you going to make in gold in next few years, you surely would be able to afford a chaffeur....

:lol: :lol: we will see, as always uno step at a time, me likes what me sees so far

BSing away

Senor

#257 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

ola senor,

w/ all the money you going to make in gold in next few years, you surely would be able to afford a chaffeur....

:lol: :lol: we will see, as always uno step at a time, me likes what me sees so far

BSing away

Senor

Hey well you can always get in your yacht and go see rogerdodger on his island that he plans to buy with nugt profits :rolleyes:

On a more serious note.... Senor can you give me your view on that the count on this chart https://www.tradingv...com/v/U67SclW3/ the red numbers in brackets 1,2,3 ... will they lead to a 4 at the top of the channel and then a 5 final low based on your knowledge of E-wave?

Edited by Russ, 03 January 2014 - 11:47 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#258 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

the one thing i dont want to see is the bugs calling for a parabola now. we are in a bottoming process, and for me the jury is still out on the low being in and behind us. 1252 is stiff resistance, we are still south of that. so far ,its a bounce. dont get me wrong, i am bullish on the sector. and as i stated above valuations are as compelling as i have seen. but as far as looking for prices on mars, well lets see if the bottom is in. w/that being said, this is accumulation time. patience. wave 1 up took either 12 or 10 years up. we are in wave 2 here. this is going to take time. i do think this is a big wav5 w/3 topping out in 1/80 . wave 5s for commodities are the big one. patience its going to take alot of time. i love driving dharma

#259 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,198 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

I think this article is arguing Gold should be higher based on some fundamentals? Opinions?

http://www.futuresma...j...ies&ref=rss
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#260 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

I think this article is arguing Gold should be higher based on some fundamentals? Opinions?

http://www.futuresma...j...ies&ref=rss

i agree w/his argument on gofo. i believe @some point in the future gofo will be in backwardation. =gold for delivery will be scarce, thus higher in price.

dharma