searching for a bottom!

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#61 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

phase as in hours, days, weeks or months?

days, 1-3 methinks, daily charts IMO suggest this is a 5th wave down from GDX Oct. 28 high at 26.91

Senor

#62 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

No one can rule out significantly lower prices, that being said I have started to slowly accumulate and not trade in both gold/silver and miners. I now have about 15-20% of the position I will eventfully build, which will ultimately be no more than 35% of my overall assets devoted to the markets. I do and will not use any leveraged products. FWIW and do your due diligence. BSing away Senor

#63 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

No one can rule out significantly lower prices, that being said I have started to slowly accumulate and not trade in both gold/silver and miners. I now have about 15-20% of the position I will eventfully build, which will ultimately be no more than 35% of my overall assets devoted to the markets. I do and will not use any leveraged products. FWIW and do your due diligence.

BSing away

Senor

I think we will get an hellacious bounce just from tax loss selling. I put on a 1/10 position in NUGT last week. So far so bad. LOL Point is it is exactly the leveraged products I want to be in at some point.

#64 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

No one can rule out significantly lower prices, that being said I have started to slowly accumulate and not trade in both gold/silver and miners. I now have about 15-20% of the position I will eventfully build, which will ultimately be no more than 35% of my overall assets devoted to the markets. I do and will not use any leveraged products. FWIW and do your due diligence.

BSing away

Senor

I think we will get an hellacious bounce just from tax loss selling. I put on a 1/10 position in NUGT last week. So far so bad. LOL Point is it is exactly the leveraged products I want to be in at some point.

Keep adding to that position over the course of this month. You are absolutely right, this is the exact instrument you want to be in for a trade. For a good long term position, look at GDXJ & TGLDX. Good luck!

#65 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

LOL, ya gotta luv the way "they" do this. Gold and silver most of the morning showing decent action yet HUI falls to another new decline low. Then gold and silver really catch a bid and miners fly, the key will be to sustain this and then close. My "guess" is that because of the way they traded the miners this morning they may close muy strong today. Senor

Edited by senorBS, 04 December 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#66 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

gold looking muy promising..at least for a daily trend up...

#67 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

gold looking muy promising..at least for a daily trend up...

the "good news" is that these markets have me almost believing any rally is doomed to failure. That's often the mindset at bueno lows, but I trust nada here.

Senor

#68 JGUITARSLIM

JGUITARSLIM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

Haven't seen a sector hated this much.
Conditions are so ripe for major market bottom.
Juniors down 85% from highs.
Buy maximum pessism!
Decline getting long in the tooth here.
looking at all major market breakouts since early 1900s, markets do not drop for more than 3 years without at least having cyclical bull rally.
Gold bust of '80-82 lasted 32 months.
Bear market '29-33 was 32 months.
Tech bust of '00 was 31 months.

If timeline matches for gold this time, would line up for bottom here sometime over next month.
IMO... This is contrarians wet dream.

Think also coincides w top in broads...
Posted Image

Edited by JGUITARSLIM, 04 December 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#69 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

back from thanksgiving. the pessimism is thick. the psychology is now sell the rallies, it has worked every other time. folks we are heading for a low , a bottom. marty talks about the war cycle , which begins in 14. i have no price in mind, but the conditions are finally ripe for a bottom. scaling in . putting cash to work. in no hurry, i dont think the bottom is in . but i think these are great levels to accumulate. this could be another dead cat bounce. gold exchanges opening or have opened in singapore, hong kong, korea, dubai. gonna make it tough on the boys. some are talking about a cash only gold market. what was hated will work its way to being loved. all in the fullness of time. patience. this phase of the market is drawing to a close. dont know when , but soon. dharma

#70 momac

momac

• Traders-Talk User
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

http://www.ingoldwet...bal-credit-game