searching for a bottom!

• Please log in to reply
262 replies to this topic

#41 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

the smart money is the commercials. the large specs are the big fish that get eaten by the large specs. the large specs get their resources from folks giving them money to trade. that is how they became large specs. he is smarter than me , i will give him my $$$ to trade for me. ltcm comes to mind-when genius failed. then in 08 the boys ousted lehman et al.
bit coin hit 1k , yes what is that anyway???? i know another scheme, which is working right now.
i am getting the feeling, and yes i have dates, price objectives etc., which i am throwing out for now and putting my ears to the market. gold may be the most hated vehicle in the market. i watch the grains which appear to be hammering out a bottom. i read marty every day. i have respect for the man. like the rest of us , he too gets it wrong. same as the rest of us. jim rogers is looking for 50% retracement from the high , which is quite reasonable.
i am not claiming anything, but when a market gets this hated and lopsided its time to listen up. whenever and from where ever the turn comes, it will be a V . shorts will continue to short this thing all the way up . the psychology is ripe for that. do we need to see lower lows ? i have no idea. watching in here and waiting. yes, there could be year end tax loss selling in the miners.
do you think indians and chinese care if ben tapers. will it change their view of gold! absolutely not. they have been shafted for generations by a multitude of govt schemes. in india is also part of their religious beliefs. believe me ben does not enter the picture. the old guard there which chidambaram represents will be replaced @ some point . he has asked for a year. so indian gold buying is on ice. modi is running for election. he ran the most successful state in india. he is pro gold the election is in april, if he is not taken out, then look for change in the guard there. in the far east , they are not traders of gold, they buy and hold.
sure i can imagine the unrelenting pressure being on gold into 14 well into it. but now the market is @ extreme. time to watch carefully . pick calculated spots. small losses is the way to play. unless of course you have deep deep pockets
dharma

very well put amigo and I totally agree, whether gold goes to a modest new low or has a spike down to 1000 I don't know, the final low just as easily could have been made at 1180. The bearishness is thick, I see many convinced we'll see sub $1000 gold and I see calls for $13 silver, this is the opposite IMO of the calls for huge further upside in 2011 when gold was at 1900 and silver at 49. The miners appear even more hated then the metals themselves, this will be IMO a huge low, whether it comes soon or in January from significantly lower prices is a muy tough call. Enjoy your Thanksgiving

Senor

#42 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:14 AM

oh and i forgot to add , any one else watching the margin debt soar! dharma

#43 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

I have just spent a couple of hours working on more charts, what I now see is Gold going down into mid-December which is in line with my older forecast for Silver to go down into that time frame, the trends are all coming off of last June's lows which implies some kind of a test of those lows but always possible for new lows to happen. Silver and Gold's chart both pointing to the same time frame is a strong sign, and in line with David Bensimon's call last fall and Eric Hadik's call for a December low. We'll see.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#44 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,061 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:08 PM

any read of the charts here is bearish but hey gdx was up today

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

thanks senor you and yours as well happy thanksgiving everyone HGNSI remained at -23.3% yesterday / MarketVane’s Bullish Consensus unchanged at its June low again for a 5th straight day at 34% today / DSI fell a point to 15%... in short, Gold Bulls remain suicidal. dharma

#46 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

any read of the charts here is bearish
but hey gdx was up today

Here's a Q 4 U to ask yourself on turkey day - what do U think the intermediate to long term risk/reward is in the GDX from these levels? My OPINION is 10-15% downside and 100% upside at a minimum - what is yours and NO BS answers please, just a simple answer.

Senor

#47 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Good read on Turkey day from a guy who is looking for a Nov. low and apparently has been very good

http://www.marketant...old-silver.html

Senor

#48 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

Good read on Turkey day from a guy who is looking for a Nov. low and apparently has been very good

http://www.marketant...old-silver.html

Senor

Thanks for posting that. So counterintuitive it must be right. Bought some NUGT yesterday.

#49 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

end of the month post Turkey day stealth metals rally, I like what I see so far and GSR likely put in a final top above 63, nice daily technical divergence. In addition I have a chitload daily and weekly and even monthly technical divergences in the HUI and GDX into the marginal new lows we just made below the June lows, and of course sentiment is extremely negative just like it was at those June lows. Note that June was the momentum low (3rd wave) and this weeks new HUI and GDX lows were very likely completion 5th waves given all the higher momentum readings. Time will tell and this is only a small rally so far but this is the best setup for a major bottom in a long, long time IMO BSing away Senor

#50 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:51 AM

encouraging signs in gold...we may have seen the wave segundo bottom....tres abajo.............