57 replies to this topic

#31 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

One leaker is called a traitor, another is called "the administration."

White House mistakenly reveals CIA official's name
In an embarrassing flub, the Obama administration accidentally revealed the name of the CIA's top official in Afghanistan in an email to thousands of journalists during the president's surprise Memorial Day weekend trip to Bagram Air Field.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 26 May 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#32 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:07 PM

Tech firms attack law allowing Feds to read email without warrant...
The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Privacy has been an increasing concern since Edward J. Snowden’s revelations last year about bulk data collection by the National Security Agency, but an overhaul of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act has failed to break into the national conversation.
The United States’ image problem has caused “real, tangible harm” for businesses, said Christian Dawson, the chief operating officer at ServInt, a web hosting company based in Reston, Va. “It’s very easy for providers outside the country to say, ‘Hey, move your business offshore into an area that cares more about your privacy.’ They don’t have better laws necessarily. They have a better marketing department.”
Silicon Valley giants like Facebook, Twitter and Google say they will no longer hand over their customers’ data without a search warrant.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 26 May 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#33 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

When your government violates the law, Who you gonna call?

Obama: The President That Richard Nixon Always Wanted To Be

Nixon ordered wiretaps of reporters and government employees to discover the source of the news leaks.
Nixon and his close aides ordered harassment of activist groups and political figures, Wiretapping of the Democratic Party's headquarters.

Shades of Nixon Gone Wild!
'SECRET CABLES' TAP PHONES

Government agencies are able to listen to phone conversations live and even track the location of citizens without warrants using secret cables connected directly to network equipment, admits Vodafone today.
The company said that secret wires have been connected to its network and those belonging to competitors, giving government agencies the ability to tap in to phone and broadband traffic. In many countries this is mandatory for all telecoms companies, it said.
Vodafone is today publishing its first Law Enforcement Disclosure Report which will describe exactly how the governments it deals with are eavesdropping on citizens. It is calling for an end to the use of “direct access” eavesdropping and transparency on the number of warrants issued giving access to private data.

See: The 4th Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 06 June 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#34 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

So the government now watches all of us in the shower but has no clue as to real security threats.
Tipped off about the Boston Marathon, the government takes no action(Blamed it on a mis-spelling!) and real people die.
Terrorists takeover Iraq and we don't see it coming?
Thousands of Mexican MS-13 Drug Gang members are bussed in to vote in the next election, and NSA allows it?
Meanwhile TSA agents sexually frisk little girls flying to Disneyland.

So really it's about watching/controlling/terrorizing US (including our politicians, judges and administration critics), isn't it?

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Rogerdodger, 15 June 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#35 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Thank you Mr Snowden.
The founders of this country were all considered traitors to the king.

Sometimes they get it right: Amendment IV

SUPREMES STRIKE DOWN POLICE CELLPHONE SNOOPING

'Sweeping endorsement of digital privacy'...

CHIEF JUSTICE: 'Get a warrant'...

Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The Fourth Amendment originally enforced the notion that “each man’s home is his castle”, secure from unreasonable searches and seizures of property by the government. It protects against arbitrary arrests, and is the basis of the law regarding search warrants, stop-and-frisk, safety inspections, wiretaps, and other forms of surveillance, as well as being central to many other criminal law topics and to privacy law.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 25 June 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#36 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

A camera is already on every corner.
But now there is a camera and a microphone and a gps tracker in everyone's pocket, purse, office, living room and even bedroom.
Who will watch the watchers?
The NSA lies about what it stores.”

Whistleblower: Ultimate goal of NSA is total population control...
At least 80% of all audio calls, not just metadata, are recorded and stored in the US, says whistleblower William Binney – that's a 'totalitarian mentality'

The NSA lies about what it stores.”
The NSA will soon be able to collect 966 exabytes a year, the total of internet traffic annually. Former Google head Eric Schmidt once argued that the entire amount of knowledge from the beginning of humankind until 2003 amount to only five exabytes.
Binney, who featured in a 2012 short film by Oscar-nominated US film-maker Laura Poitras, described a future where surveillance is ubiquitous and government intrusion unlimited.
“The ultimate goal of the NSA is total population control”, Binney said, “but I’m a little optimistic with some recent Supreme Court decisions, such as law enforcement mostly now needing a warrant before searching a smartphone.”

Edited by Rogerdodger, 12 July 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#37 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

The promised "CHANGE": "We belong to the government."

REVEALED: Feds threatened massive fine to force YAHOO to release user data...

The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights that prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures and requires any warrant to be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause.

all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Who will watch the watchers?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 11 September 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#38 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

So in this dystopia, "They" know our every move while "They" hide behind the cloak of corruption.

Now EPA chief emails missing -- just like IRS!

All the while not seeing ISIS coming or even the Boston bombers, or the forewarned Benghazi terrorist attack on 9-11.
Little girls and grandmothers are forced to disrobe and be molested while airport ground crews come and go with little inspection.
With open borders, what could go wrong?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 October 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#39 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,873 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

CBS REPORTER ATTKISSON: I Was Spied On Through SKYPE...
"one of the few people in the whole country that was actually doing some investigative journalism on the issue of Benghazi.
Same thing for the so-called “Fast and Furious” investigation as well."

"The forensics exams, three separate ones, have shown a long term monitoring and surveillance that went on both in my CBS laptop computer as well as on my home Apple computer. It’s pretty chilling when you consider the extent of the abilities they had, according to the forensics reports, to monitor my every keystroke, to activate Skype by getting the password to my account, and listen through Skype on to audio if I was talking in the room or talking on the phone. Being able to exfiltrate files using Skype, downloading and refreshing these surveillance methods periodically using something called a BGAN satellite terminal, using WiFi when I was at a Ritz Carlton at one point. I mean they left some very distinct trails because I don’t think they ever thought I would have the ability to have highly-skilled specialized forensics people be able to find what was in there. Ordinary computer analysts may be very good, but unless they know exactly where to look and they’re familiar with some of the proprietary government practices, I’m told, they will never be able to find the things that were found in my computer. But I was able to go to some very good sources."

CLAIMS CBS INTENTIONALLY HELD OBAMA SOUNDBITE...

Harsh realities lurk... Berlin's digital exiles: Where tech activists go to escape NSA...
Every time we commemorate a 1989, we should remember there may be many more 1989s ahead.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 November 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#40 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:36 AM

Roger, they have a line item for theft, schedule A,

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan