Prohibition: Pot vs Alcohol

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

America has become a nation of the Fat, Lazy, and Sick. 70% are now taking prescription drugs. But never mind all that, we need to crack down on pot... Almost 70 percent of Americans take at least one prescription medication, and more than half take at least two, according to a new study by researchers at the Mayo Clinic. The most common prescriptions are for antibiotics, antidepressants and opioid painkillers. One-fifth of Americans are taking five or more prescription drugs, CBS Atlanta reports. “Often when people talk about health conditions they’re talking about chronic conditions such as heart disease or diabetes,” lead researcher Jennifer St. Sauver said in a news release. “However, the second most common prescription was for antidepressants — that suggests mental health is a huge issue and is something we should focus on. And the third most common drugs were opioids, which is a bit concerning considering their addicting nature.” The study found 13 percent of the population has a prescription for opioids. Women and older adults received the most prescription medications overall. Opioids and antidepressants were most common among young and middle-aged adults, the study found.

#22 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

We now know the scent of lavender can actually change brain wave patterns, but we didn’t know what the implications were until recently. Studies have shown the scent of lavender makes people feel better as well as perform math faster and more accurately (whereas the smell of rosemary, for example, seemed only to enable folks to do the math faster, but not necessarily with greater accuracy).

#23 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Speaking of the fat, sick and lazy in the US. The other day I was in a Walmart check out lane, and up ahead I see 2 huge obese guys in their little scooter carts (they must be twins). Their big rear ends and bellies bulging out from the little cart seats in equal amounts. Their carts filled with candy, junk food, meat and prescription drugs. I had all I could do not to burst out laughing and or throw up. (good thing I wasn't high) Anyway, after a while they slowly rolled out of the store after they paid for all that stuff with their social security disability benefits and food stamps. I thought, what a feast they will have when they get home, before they have to go to the doctor with their free medical ins from the govt, medicaid. These guys truly represent the "New American Dream". I almost felt like a sucker as I pulled out my wallet to pay for my basket full of veggies, fruit, beans and greens with no govt program helping me out .... :lol:

#24 *JB*

*JB*

• Traders-Talk User
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

Speaking of the fat, sick and lazy in the US.
The other day I was in a Walmart check out lane, and up ahead I see 2 huge obese guys in their little scooter carts (they must be twins).
Their big rear ends and bellies bulging out from the little cart seats in equal amounts.
Their carts filled with candy, junk food, meat and prescription drugs.
I had all I could do not to burst out laughing and or throw up. (good thing I wasn't high)

Anyway, after a while they slowly rolled out of the store after they paid for all that stuff with their social security disability benefits and food stamps.
I thought, what a feast they will have when they get home, before they have to go to the doctor with their free medical ins from the govt, medicaid.

These guys truly represent the "New American Dream".

I almost felt like a sucker as I pulled out my wallet to pay for my basket full of veggies, fruit, beans and greens with no govt program helping me out .... :lol:

Well aren't you a great person. Your were looking at severe emotionally damaged people, profoundly depressed, and your reaction is to want to laugh.

Those two will be dead soon, but don't worry -- you'll run across some more to keep you entertained and give you more chances to feel superior.
"Don't think...LOOK!"
Carl Swenlin, founder of Decision Point and original Fearless Forecasters board.

#25 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

The other day I was in a Walmart check out lane, and up ahead I see 2 huge obese guys in their little scooter carts (they must be twins).
Their big rear ends and bellies bulging out from the little cart seats in equal amounts.
I had all I could do not to burst out laughing and or throw up. (good thing I wasn't high)

Anyway, after a while they slowly rolled out of the store after they paid for all that stuff with their social security disability benefits and food stamps.
I thought, what a feast they will have when they get home, before they have to go to the doctor with their free medical ins from the govt, medicaid.

I almost felt like a sucker as I pulled out my wallet to pay for my basket full of veggies, fruit, beans and greens with no govt program helping me out .... :lol:

Well aren't you a great person. Your were looking at severe emotionally damaged people, profoundly depressed, and your reaction is to want to laugh.

Those two will be dead soon, but don't worry -- you'll run across some more to keep you entertained and give you more chances to feel superior.

I was looking at an example of people in the US that make an every day "choice" to destroy their lives and get the govt to 100% support their actions.
That was just an extreme case, sad as it is. In the less extreme, most of the US is still on the same unhealthy road and is taking the country down.
Join the crowd and keep eating your junk processed food of fat, sugar and salt. You will end up just like them.

#26 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:43 PM

I was looking at an example of people in the US that make an every day "choice" to destroy their lives and get the govt to 100% support their actions.
That was just an extreme case, sad as it is. In the less extreme, most of the US is still on the same unhealthy road and is taking the country down.
Join the crowd and keep eating your junk processed food of fat, sugar and salt. You will end up just like them.

Bottom line JB, in nature you reap what you sow. Deal with it.

#27 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:06 PM

Watch that wet spot dude.

#28 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

X DEA agent joins marijuana investment firm. I guess he'd rather do that than keep ruining people's lives over some pot. Good man.

http://news.yahoo.co...N1SYnQAK2PQtDMD

SEATTLE (Reuters) - In a decade with the Drug Enforcement Administration, Patrick Moen rose to supervise a team of agents busting methamphetamine and heroin rings in Oregon - before giving it all up to join the nascent legal marijuana industry in nearby Washington state.

In November, the former federal drug agent quit his post to work for a marijuana industry investment firm, and says he relishes getting in on the ground floor of a burgeoning industry he was once sworn to annihilate.

As managing director of compliance and senior counsel for Seattle-based Privateer Holdings, Moen has added his name to a small but growing list of individuals with unlikely backgrounds who have joined or thrown their support behind state-sanctioned marijuana enterprises.

In Oregon, another former Portland-based DEA agent, Paul Schmidt, who retired from the agency in 2010, recently set up shop as a consultant to medical cannabis businesses after working as a state inspector of medical pot dispensaries in Colorado.

Last year, former Mexican president Vicente Fox visited Seattle to trumpet support for a pot firm fronted by former Microsoft executive Jamen Shively. The Seattle police department is weighing whether to allow officers to moonlight as security guards at pot shops slated to open later this year.

#29 Lee48

Lee48

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

Pot vs Alcohol
I think it's common knowledge that when you drink alcohol it leads to aggressive behavior with someone eventually starting a fight.
Plus you wake up with some brain damage, unlike pot. And if you smoke a little pot you won't look for someone to coldcock upside the head.

Just something to keep in mind when you enter that bar, down them shots or take a country music cruise with Trace Adkins.

Trace Adkins played a drunken game of country chest bump with his impersonator ... after ordering the guy to take off his f**king hat.

TMZ got a hold of photos from the Jamaica-bound cruise ship where Trace went nuclear on his look-alike, Michael Larsen.

Witnesses tell us ... Trace had been in the bar pounding shots ... and when he saw the impersonator he made a beeline for him.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2.../#ixzz2r58Jlofl

#30 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:18 PM

Proof of weed causing brain damage?
Posted Image

HAZE: White House drug czar contradicts Obama on marijuana...

Patrick Kennedy warns dope different from 'Choom gang' days...

Pot poisoning on rise in pets...

Marijuana doesn’t agree with dogs — and though cats can also be poisoned by second-hand smoke, dogs seem more apt to root through their owners’ stashes.
“Animals don’t react the same way as humans,” explained Dr. Tina Wismer, director of the Animal Poison Control Center. “They may become sedated, act drunk and wobbly, but about 25 percent go the other way. They become agitated, have high heart rates, they’re in distress. Most dogs become incontinent. They stagger around dribbling urine everywhere.”
Blood pressure can soar. Without treatment, dogs can go into comas and die.
Bong water (yes, really) is only one way animals can access the active ingredients in marijuana. While dogs can, and do, eat plant material, including marijuana leaves, serious poisonings more often result from edibles prepared by owners for their own use.
Marijuana butter is especially dangerous. “People put weed and a stick of butter in a sauce pan and the fat soluble cannabinoids leech into the butter creating a much higher concentration of THC,” Wismer explained.

Butter consumption reaches 40-year high...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 January 2014 - 09:25 PM.