Photo

I never had a chance to say a proper Goodbye...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#31 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

cycletimer
dont be surprised about the 1 ~Day difference between the two... free your mind of that quickly so you stay focused,.. but know...
ZSL transitioned over to out performing DUST back on Dec 24th 2013 and that signal was confirmed to strengthen on Dec 30th 2013.

before Dec 24th it was the other way around with DUST in the Extreme Dominance Zone over ZSL for an extended period, but that Performance Trend
started to weaken as it transitioned out of this Extreme ZONE of out performance.

since then it has take this amount of time for ZSL to move all the way into its same EXTREME ZONE of out performance over DUST,
where it will MORE Strongly Exhibit its own out performance character which its been doing since Mid January .

after an extended period of time in this ZONE ... signs start to appear that often mark the end of another dominance / performance period (as it did with DUST) BUT..until it exits,
it is also THE BEST Time to take advantage of this particular strength of dominance character.

reading the chart at this time it does show a very subtle sign of this trend weakening after existing in the EXTREME ZONE for this extended period of time..BUT
it's not until that trend signal actually EXITS the Extreme Zone (usually with a big differential pop and as it did Last Dec with DUST) will we be able TO KNOW..
with HIGH Certainty that the Extreme out performance of ZSL has weakened enough and another Performance CYCLE Shift is starting to reverted back to DUST.

so based on my reading of just this Performance chart you should not fear...re-entering the ZSL position, with a moderate amount ..and a reasonable stop.. because
compared to DUST it's still in the Extreme Out Performance ZONE.....until it isn't!

Final Note: just know, when ZSL decides to leave this EXTREME Zone, it doesn't mean that the ZSL trade is no longer profitable!

it ONLY means you will start to become more profitable and will show better performance vs ZSL by positioning back over to DUST.

NICE Move on DUST ;)

Still holding $DUST

Thank you but it's ZSL that surprised me! I had no foresight that silver would drop so rapidly on a % basis or I would have held more than my measly 400 shares of ZSL....

Edited by Mr Dev, 26 February 2014 - 05:01 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#32 jdjimenez

jdjimenez

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

Semi, When I said "I'll see you in the Fall, if I see you at all" I was only joking. Sorry to see you leave. I haven't been around as much lately so I was surprised to read there's been problems. Good trading, JDJ

#33 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Very Well Expressed ! :bowtie:

The children overtook this site a long time ago....
Yes that's why the old timers left a long time ago...
You don't throw your pearls before swine implying that you should not put what is valuable in front of those who will reject the notion that it has value,..
and furthermore that they will seek to diminish or destroy what you offer.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#34 NAV

NAV

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

There was a time when it used to be food fights among posters, bulls vs bears, ideological battles. Now it's food fight among the vendors trying to sell their services. Has TT changed over the years ? Yes, today there more vendors on this board than traders, all fighting for a small piece of novice trader's pie - each trying to prove how he is the best or his methodology is the best. Post contents are mostly teaser stuff, baiting subs to their respective sites for the "REAL" content (barring a couple of genuine trading related posts). So it's not surprising what TT has become - marketing, showmanship, condescension, hocus-pocus, drama, hype, attacking and belittling the competition. Some people have got too much time on their hands. Real traders are busy minting money.

"It's not the knowing that is difficult, but the doing"

https://twitter.com/Trader_NAV

#35 andiron

andiron

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

agreed....poor subs peddler..let 'em have their moments...they are HURTING

#36 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Semi it's been a long time, I thought many times about moving on too. Take a break, long break maybe, but post when you feel like having a too much free time again. I honestly don't care about any poster to the extent of altering my trading, but I do really enjoy reading any detailed work presented here. I learned very little here that I am currently using everyday. But nevertheless, I picked up a bit of wisdom over the years. I need to disappear for a while too, too much work in these days... Best of luck...

Edited by arbman, 27 February 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#37 leverage4

leverage4

• Traders-Talk User
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Why the moderators of the board continue to let one sad man ruin a board that has such a storied history is beyond me. This has been easy to forecast for some time, those that care about the board have mentioned it often, yet nothing happens. Hello moderators, anybody home? Don't you see any similarities from the last time he was banned? I have found myself coming here to watch this impending train wreck and board destruction.... kind of like gawking at an accident that I pass on the highway. I used to come here with an expectation of learning insights about the market, whether they were from individual traders or those that have a paid service and were generous enough to share. And many of those who do have a service share their work without any belittling of other approaches. But as more and more good posters leave (for good reason I might add), the reasons to click on this site are fading. Soon there probably won't even be anything left of this accident to gawk at. :( Lev 4

#38 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

Semi it's been a long time, I thought many times about moving on too. Take a break, long break maybe, but post when you feel like having a too much free time again. I honestly don't care about any poster to the extent of altering my trading, but I do really enjoy reading any detailed work presented here. I learned very little here that I am currently using everyday. But nevertheless, I picked up a bit of wisdom over the years. I need to disappear for a while too, too much work in these days... Best of luck...

I rarely post anything of substance here and the primary reason for that is two fold. One is lack of time and the other is I am just not willing to get agitated by tools who are not even trading. Why would I expose myself to something like that?

I often wonder why do I keep coming back to this site. Don't get me wrong, the information presented here over the years has been great and it's pretty much enough to put one on the right side of the trade most of the time. Combine it with your own ideas and you should easily have profitable system. But what is left now, why do I keep coming back. Especially considering that the basic civility is missing from some folks and owner of this site allows it.

#39 zoropb

zoropb

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8,392 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Why the moderators of the board continue to let one sad man ruin a board that has such a storied history is beyond me. This has been easy to forecast for some time, those that care about the board have mentioned it often, yet nothing happens. Hello moderators, anybody home? Don't you see any similarities from the last time he was banned? I have found myself coming here to watch this impending train wreck and board destruction.... kind of like gawking at an accident that I pass on the highway. I used to come here with an expectation of learning insights about the market, whether they were from individual traders or those that have a paid service and were generous enough to share. And many of those who do have a service share their work without any belittling of other approaches. But as more and more good posters leave (for good reason I might add), the reasons to click on this site are fading. Soon there probably won't even be anything left of this accident to gawk at. :(

Lev 4

Good post. No agenda

Personally I have seen no service here that has belittled, or battled any other but one. If anyone can point any other out step up to the plate and post it. Maybe I missed it somewhere. Just the opposite in my case I encourage many to check out semi and Mark's. They give value as I think we do too. Heck 1 of our signals alone would of paid for 2 decades of subscription or saved one from losing that much. Do not know enough about the rest so no comment. I love our service and members it is a joy and honor to share the battle in the trenches with them as I trade the day along with them day in day out. Sharp bunch too can't let down for a minute. :lol:

ok back

Love, be kind to one another, seek the truth, walk the narrow path between the ying and the yang.

#40 leverage4

leverage4

• Traders-Talk User
  • 107 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

Why the moderators of the board continue to let one sad man ruin a board that has such a storied history is beyond me. This has been easy to forecast for some time, those that care about the board have mentioned it often, yet nothing happens. Hello moderators, anybody home? Don't you see any similarities from the last time he was banned? I have found myself coming here to watch this impending train wreck and board destruction.... kind of like gawking at an accident that I pass on the highway. I used to come here with an expectation of learning insights about the market, whether they were from individual traders or those that have a paid service and were generous enough to share. And many of those who do have a service share their work without any belittling of other approaches. But as more and more good posters leave (for good reason I might add), the reasons to click on this site are fading. Soon there probably won't even be anything left of this accident to gawk at. :(

Lev 4

Good post. No agenda

Personally I have seen no service here that has belittled, or battled any other but one. If anyone can point any other out step up to the plate and post it. Maybe I missed it somewhere. Just the opposite in my case I encourage many to check out semi and Mark's. They give value as I think we do too. Heck 1 of our signals alone would of paid for 2 decades of subscription or saved one from losing that much. Do not know enough about the rest so no comment. I love our service and members it is a joy and honor to share the battle in the trenches with them as I trade the day along with them day in day out. Sharp bunch too can't let down for a minute. :lol:

ok back

Z, you are the class act of how it should be done if you have a sub service. Never a negative comment, always trying to help your fellow traders, never picking a fight, gently cautioning if your system shows something different than another poster, always respectful and a gentleman. Not sure how old you are, but you seem like the kind of person who could go through their whole life and never make an enemy. Kudos to you. :cheer:

Lev 4

Edited by leverage4, 27 February 2014 - 11:29 AM.