9 replies to this topic

#1 colion

colion

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:14 PM

http://www.weeklysta...182.html?page=2

(excerpts)

Among the many exaggerations and inaccuracies the law’s defenders are touting, five stand out.

• First, they say that premium rates are down.

• Second, supporters claim that Obamacare exceeded the enrollment target promulgated by the CBO.

• Third, liberals claim that insurers are happy, pointing to recent earnings reports f rom the biggest companies.
But this is a non sequitur.

• Fourth, liberals claim the law is “working.”

• Fifth, the left assures us Obamacare cannot be repealed.

The funny thing is that, for all the myth-making about Obamacare, the left still cannot sell it to the American
public. Even after a month of glowing coverage, polls from the major media outlets show that support for the
law is basically flat, stuck in the low 40s, well below the level of opposition.

#2 salsabob

salsabob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,164 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:11 PM

http://www.weeklysta...182.html?page=2

(excerpts)

Among the many exaggerations and inaccuracies the law’s defenders are touting, five stand out.

• First, they say that premium rates are down.

• Second, supporters claim that Obamacare exceeded the enrollment target promulgated by the CBO.

• Third, liberals claim that insurers are happy, pointing to recent earnings reports f rom the biggest companies.
But this is a non sequitur.

• Fourth, liberals claim the law is “working.”

• Fifth, the left assures us Obamacare cannot be repealed.

The funny thing is that, for all the myth-making about Obamacare, the left still cannot sell it to the American
public. Even after a month of glowing coverage, polls from the major media outlets show that support for the
law is basically flat, stuck in the low 40s, well below the level of opposition.

What absolute trash.

On the first point of rates being down, notice your link doesn't provide any data. Premium rates go up every year, with or without Obamacare, what's the trend line? How do the 2014 rates differ from those trend lines? I sure hope you don't do your market TA this way. :rolleyes: \

Second point, enrollment targets, no one but deadenders are using the 15% any more because it doesn't include the end-of-enrollment surge of people that didn't eveh get the bill until April 30. Even the deadenders' 15% wetdream gives you over 6.9 million. Have the Krotch Bros sheeple become completely brain dead? :rolleyes:

third, insures being happy is counter to the deadenders' meme that the thing is going to collapse. Sorry, not going to happen and that's not me telling you that; its the insurers' bottom lines telling you that.

Fourth, not working? I think you're confusing "not working" with "not working the way you want" - tens of millions of people disagree with you - they be the ones that now enjoy govt subsidized insurance - you know, like you do.

Fifth, it will be repeal when the GOP wins the Prez in 2016 - ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha - pretty funny. :lol: :rolleyes:
John Galt shrugged, outsourced to Red China and opened a hedge fund for unregulated securitized credit derivatives.

If the world didn't suck, wouldn't we all just fly off?

#3 colion

colion

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

SB - "What absolute trash. On the first point of rates being down, notice your link doesn't provide any data. Premium rates go up every year, with or without Obamacare, what's the trend line? How do the 2014 rates differ from those trend lines? I sure hope you don't do your market TA this way." As the article notes, "they [defenders of the law] say that premium rates are down. In support of this, liberals cite research from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), but they misinterpret it." So, we agree that the liberal position is "absolute rubbish". We also agree that premium rates go up every year and you could help the cause by educating your brethren. As for not providing a link only those without a leg to stand on would try to throw up such a pathetic smokescreen. As any knowledgeable person knows this information is widely distributed, commonly known and certainly should be at the finger tips of those who discuss the topic. SB - "Second point, enrollment targets, no one but deadenders are using the 15% any more because it doesn't include the end-of-enrollment surge of people that didn't eveh get the bill until April 30. Even the deadenders' 15% wetdream gives you over 6.9 million. Have the Krotch Bros sheeple become completely brain dead?" You are right. In recent articles, analysts are using a range of non-payers from 15% to 20% so 15% most likely gives Obamacare too much credit. The left wing-nuts are up tight about which percentage to use as they struggle to put a 'smiley' face on the beast but not even Soros and company will save it. SB - "third, insures being happy is counter to the deadenders' meme that the thing is going to collapse. Sorry, not going to happen and that's not me telling you that; its the insurers' bottom lines telling you that." Nonsensical spin. Insurers are obviously placing policies on the exchanges (although the number of insurers is quite limited in many states) because they are being underwritten by tax monies. When the risk corridors expire or are cancelled by state actions (in motion in a number of state capitols) insurers will either not participate or have to jack premiums even higher than what occurred this year. Liberals are quite uneasy about this as it could be one of the several things that pushes Obamacare into the grave. SB - "Fourth, not working? I think you're confusing "not working" with "not working the way you want" - tens of millions of people disagree with you - they be the ones that now enjoy govt subsidized insurance - you know, like you do." Sorry. I didn't know that you had trouble reading and so do not know who wrote the article (hint - not me). In any case, this section of the article is arguably the one that is hardest for liberals to sink. 75% of the 'Obamacare' insured were insured before Obamacare and are now subject to higher premiums, reduced benefits, reduced access to physicians and hospitals, and other good stuff. Those millions certainly agree that Obamacare is not working the way they want or the way it was promised to work by Obama & Co. You babble the myth about tens of millions wildly embracing Obamacare but if that were true it would be reflected in the polls which is not the case. Until the polls turn Obamacare is in danger of disappearing at some point. How long can an unpopular law exist? Eventually we'll work our way out of Obama's 'subsidized world' and get back to a system that provides better health care at a lower cost. Yes, it will happen because 'tens of millions' want it to happen. SB - "Fifth, it will be repeal when the GOP wins the Prez in 2016" Certainly nearly all of the pundits agree that in 2014 the donkeys are in trouble in House, Senate and Governor/State races under Obama's 'leadership'. If they do in fact take heavy loses this year the potential of knocking the Benghazi queen off her pedestal is significantly increased. But it definitely depends on who runs against her and most importantly how Independents react to both of them as they control election outcomes. In the meantime find comfort in your little fog that the country is on the right track in contrast to every poll to the contrary. Time will tell who is right.

Edited by colion, 16 May 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:04 PM

It's simply fabulous!
HOSPITAL ANNOUNCES MORE LAYOFFS DUE TO OBAMACARE...
“As the federal government and state payment systems continue to ratchet down on what they pay us and our costs go up, we have to look for opportunities to create cost efficiencies,”

I can hardly wait for the death panels like the government has for veterans.
They seem to get a bonus for each patient not treated.
This will be just wonderful.

Government accused of hiding long hospital waiting lists...
DAMAGE CONTROL: VA forces retiring official to resign...
VETERANS SCANDAL RISKS ENGULFING OBAMA

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 May 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#5 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:26 PM

The Government now runs 152 VA hospitals and 817 VA clinics, but not well at all.
Dysfunctional bureaucracy always plagues any huge government system.
So in 2010, it introduced a new appointment system requiring a maximum 14-day wait for an appointment.
As a result, patients might get an initial appointment as required, but then be placed on a hidden waiting list since resources were limited.
In one reported incident, as many as 40 patients died after waiting for up to a year to be treated.
Officials at the hospital shredded documents and faked evidence to make it seem as if waiting times were within the 14 day goal.
Evidence is mounting that this was far from an isolated case at the VA.

But this is government in charge of your health care.
Wait until Obama's stated purpose of taking over the entire US healthcare system is finally fulfilled.
The problems facing our veterans will be multiplied a million-fold.
Bureaucracy and budget restraints may soon be the leading cause of death in the USA.

The purpose of the government is to insure the freedom and liberty of its citizens.
Government is not your family.
It is not your church.
It is not your doctor.
It is not your owner.
Or is it?

Edited by Rogerdodger, 16 May 2014 - 11:40 PM.

#6 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:39 AM

Excellent demon seed piece.

I said that the ulitmate gun violence was the statist theft of labor,

here it is said that way.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#7 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:51 AM

The brightest man alive can't fix jack.

Another snag: Health payouts may be wrong...

Under federal rules, consumers are notified if there is a problem with their application and asked to upload or mail in pay stubs or other proof of their income. Only a fraction have done so, according to the documents. And, even when they have, the federal computer system at the heart of the insurance marketplace cannot match this proof with the application because that capability has yet to be built. :lol:

The Keystone Cops and The Gang Who Couldn't Shoot Straight doing brain surgery.
What could go wrong?

No doubt they will all get a bonus!
Posted Image

PS: Any person unemployed in 2013 who receives Obamacare subsidies based on 2013 income, CAN NOT GET A JOB (EXCEPT UNDER THE TABLE PAYMENTS) without risking as much as $12,000 in subsidies... (other people's money).
Who would want to work?

As Nancy Pelosi famously said: Obama Care Helps Americans Avoid the Hassle of Working.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 17 May 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#8 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

The Fibonacci toilet spiral is really a universal law of scale.

At my minor scale of enterprise value, I may be relatively successful to consolidate power over

those levels below me. I do this benignly by competing with intellectual property, no violence.

I may calculate I need 5 or 10 years of sustainance

in a permanent food value outside the matrix. That is certain scale of wealth required to compete

with gov., I have low expectations, like food value and a hole to hide in.

Imagine the bigger enterprise value, and even the biggest like a global corporation.

Imagine the consolidation of power they require to compete with government, to live another day.

It's all parasitic scale.

I may be motivated to have a mere value of food, to hide from the terror state for a matter of years,

the biggest enterprise would require total wealth, maybe all of it, to survive the terror state, at scale.

Competing with government then comes down to, parasitic darwinian survival, going up the scales of,

monetary leverage.

I may even calculate, to acheive a certain food value in permanent wealth, I may like

the demon seed to run a while longer like keep the masses voting for chinese phones,

while I harvest.

The toilet spiral is then self fullfilling, when you know the game, why not another day. One more

paycheck could be one more unit of permanant value.

It is all down to one source of disease, theft of labor, the statist gun violence.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,886 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 01:43 PM

It is all down to one source of disease, theft of labor, the statist gun violence.

Well put but not understood by the lemings waiting for the next handout.

Bureaucracy and budget restraints may soon be the leading cause of death in the USA.

#10 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

It may come down to Skousen's theme, the globabalists want to cover up their disasters as long as possible by printing, and who knows what they have planned next like the belian bulge, but when that comes down to the last monkey rejecting the dollar, they are mostly just motivated to keep power by not being blamed for the economy, which they will then start their war for the timing distractions. That is mostly what I think about in terms of finding a hole, at least figuratively but it could be literally. So following the obamacare tax scam will be the climate change carbon tax scam, there is already no private business creation and they are taking down the last of labor, savings, and generational stores of wealth. Everything I am thinking about is planning for no wealth, no labor with income, and it all just happens to be priced so there is no resources after tax for self preservation. Somehow things happen to take of me and I just do what worked before is to work, sow and you shall reap. Seed is given to the sowers. So I guess I am not that worried for myself, I will just do what I always did, work. I see that they pumped up the credit card available credit and are bringing back the subprime mortg fraud. Timing does seem like this could run through Armstrong's 2015.75 or so, imagining europe is collapsing to just push more capital flight into US property and assets. There might be one more year for preparations. And they will do it before elections so that their next tv (s)election president can be presented as the people's champion with a clean slate. Really coming down to the wire here for 2015.75.