BUY, BUY, BUY, NO, NO, NO - The top is in

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#31 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

I agree, and I'm sure I speak for many lurkers here.

Do you subscribe to his service?
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#32 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

Fib is a weekly/monthly chart trader whose breadth tools don't necessarily lead the markets, but kind of confirm. Honestly, I think other than NYSE MCO and open10 he uses often, I find the rest of his analysis as complete crap, but this is my opinion. So, he will be late but right, rather than early and precisely wrong. He is most vocal at the new highs due to his confirmation style trading/analysis and this doesn't necessarily make him wrong as the markets usually trend after a strong momentum move and it is just the fundamental of the trend trading. This is what he feels comfortable with in his trading and you should all find what you feel comfortable with in your trading and more importantly what makes you money in your own trading for the risk you are willing to take...

#33 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

Fib is a weekly/monthly chart trader whose breadth tools don't necessarily lead the markets, but kind of confirm. Honestly, I think other than NYSE MCO and open10 he uses often, I find the rest of his analysis as complete crap, but this is my opinion. So, he will be late but right, rather than early and precisely wrong. He is most vocal at the new highs due to his confirmation style trading/analysis and this doesn't necessarily make him wrong as the markets usually trend after a strong momentum move and it is just the fundamental of the trend trading. This is what he feels comfortable with in his trading and you should all find what you feel comfortable with in your trading and more importantly what makes you money in your own trading for the risk you are willing to take...

I'm sorry, but have you been a subscriber or even been in the chat room over the last 8 years to draw such conclusions?

I am NOT a weekly/monthly trader, though the market has presented us with trades that include those time frames over the last 3 years.

As to the rest of your diatribe, I know you continue to be frustrated by the market's ability to continue to move higher against your own "omnipotent" analytical tools that only seem to work when money is flowing out of the market. Maybe one day, as you get a few more years under your belt, you may take a lesson from this and try listening to the market instead of listening to your misguided bias that seems to get you in trouble more times than not.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#34 claire

claire

• Traders-Talk User
  • 649 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

No, I don't subscribe, but I am seriously considering it.

#35 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

I'm sorry, but have you been a subscriber or even been in the chat room over the last 8 years to draw such conclusions?

I am NOT a weekly/monthly trader, though the market has presented us with trades that include those time frames over the last 3 years.

As to the rest of your diatribe, I know you continue to be frustrated by the market's ability to continue to move higher against your own "omnipotent" analytical tools that only seem to work when money is flowing out of the market. Maybe one day, as you get a few more years under your belt, you may take a lesson from this and try listening to the market instead of listening to your misguided bias that seems to get you in trouble more times than not.

Fib

Pfff! Bull or bear are all the same to me, I make money by recognizing the moves and sell options to capitalize on the noise in between. I do position ahead of cycle turns and I interpret them in my own way including the breadth and speculative excess...

You are a trend trader Fib, you follow more or less the 200 dma, you never positioned ahead of major turns as far as I have seen for many many years and I did look in your transcripts, weekly commentary etc long enough that are mostly public in your website anyway. You don't even recognize the divergences in your own tools most of the time, you just wait until your tools confirm after a trend change.

These are ALL fine by me, just don't claim that I am a perma-bear, because I am not bull or bear. I just accumulate little bits and pieces of information until they add up to something significant...

#36 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:33 PM

You are a trend trader Fib, you follow more or less the 200 dma, you never positioned ahead of major turns as far as I have seen for many many years and I did look in your transcripts, weekly commentary etc long enough that are mostly public in your website anyway. You don't even recognize the divergences in your own tools most of the time, you just wait until your tools confirm after a trend change.

I sincerely doubt that you have taken more than 5 minutes in reviewing my stuff for if you had you would KNOW that that I'm not a trend trader AND I do not follow the 200 DMA....either more nor less. Just admit that you have no idea what I "do" other than what I post here on this message board and go about your business.

No, I don't subscribe, but I am seriously considering it.

The price of admission is equivalent to a dinner for two (without the drinks) and it gives you enough time to kick the tires to see if it's for you or not.

But I must warn you...it's addictive and you will look at the markets in a whole new light. :)

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#37 arbman

arbman

Quant

• Traders-Talk User
  • 19,504 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

I sincerely doubt that you have taken more than 5 minutes in reviewing my stuff for if you had you would KNOW that that I'm not a trend trader AND I do not follow the 200 DMA....either more nor less. Just admit that you have no idea what I "do" other than what I post here on this message board and go about your business.

I just said it as I see it, I really looked at most of the tools you use, and I don't think there was anything useful for me other than NYSE MCO and Open10... If you are not decomposing the prices into cycles with something as basic as windowed fourier, or any better numerical method, I don't think you have any cycle work I can look at. If you are not extracting the cycles and running a factor analysis, I don't think you have a good idea about the leadership. If you are not taking that snapshot of leadership and cycles and ranking historically to prepare comparisons, I don't think you have good statistical scans. If you are not compiling the major option volumes at least, I don't think you have a good idea about the speculative positioning either, I think you guys look at the COT reports at least, so I have to be fair. Perhaps you can make sense out of many tools to come up with a good idea, but then I don't think they round up anything better than following the 200 dma in my measures. So, I admit that I have no idea what exactly you really do, but more importantly, I have not seen any evidence about the proper signal decomposition for a cycle analysis, proper factor analysis for leadership, neither an historical ranking for proper comps. So to me, they are all equivalent to simply trend trading, you can tell me you are not or whatever, it changes nothing about my opinion about your trading until I see the above items nicely tabulated somewhere on the website or some sort of projection to at least demonstrate them. So, the stuff you have are not that useful to me, but then again, you never began trading to impress me anyway, perhaps we should all just share what we got and let the chips fall where they may... By any means, please don't interpret what I wrote here as a bearish post against your current bullish stance because I did not. I really see "some" trouble if SPX reaches to 1980 zone... For now it is probably a trading range after extreme o/b levels. Best of luck in your trades...

#38 Dex

Dex

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

So, I admit that I have no idea what exactly you really do,

What Fib (and I read his transcripts & participated in his on line chats) does is have many tools - Fibonacci, E-wave, money flow, astro (a little) etc. He chooses among them to support his positioning AND MORE IMPORTANTLY give him an out (hedge) if position is wrong e.g. money flow says further up but e-wave is warning us of ...

Then he writes a lot so that he can choose a position or quote to support that he predicted what happened in the market.

This is standard guru operating procedure as is he posting style, signature line quotes and video.
"The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. "
17_16

#39 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

What Fib (and I read his transcripts & participated in his on line chats) does is have many tools - Fibonacci, E-wave, money flow, astro (a little) etc. He chooses among them to support his positioning AND MORE IMPORTANTLY give him an out (hedge) if position is wrong e.g. money flow says further up but e-wave is warning us of ...

Then he writes a lot so that he can choose a position or quote to support that he predicted what happened in the market.

This is standard guru operating procedure as is he posting style, signature line quotes and video.

You have NEVER been in my chat room...ever...or you would know better.

What handle did you use?

I don't use astro...we rarely do chats include Elliott and Fibonacci...and rarely are positions and specific numbers given...it's a classroom environment...we REVIEW the market's condition.

If you're going to come up with lies and innuendos to try to support your failed methods of trading, at least take the time to read more than one session...if at all.

Absolutely ridiculous...what a loser.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 10 June 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#40 PrincelyM

PrincelyM

• Traders-Talk User
  • 287 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

And you know what they say about opinions. If you dont, let me know - I can elaborate.

Best,
PM