1 reply to this topic

#1 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,530 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:35 PM

CNBC:

"Argentina could be back in the economic doldrums if it fails to strike a deal with its creditors and defaults on Wednesday, a key player in its 2010 debt restructuring told CNBC. "

Link.

Reuters:

"Time is running out for Argentina to pay "holdout" investors suing Latin America's No. 3 economy for full payment on their bonds, or reach a deal that buys more time to avert a default.

Argentina said on Monday that officials would travel to New York for last-gasp negotiations on Tuesday but experts increasingly believe the government in Buenos Aires may calculate that a default would be cheaper than settling. The latter, it argues, would risk legal claims from holders of exchanged bonds that could cost hundreds of billions of dollars."

Link
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#2 dasein

dasein

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,696 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

the investors who havent settled are a much smaller percent of those who have - it is like refusing to refinance your mortgage at 15% to the going rate of 4% - I hope Argentina does hang these holdouts out to dry.
best,
klh