bottoming?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#91 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,620 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

russ either i dont know what you mean or you are looking for uncharted territory in the cot. the commercials have never carried a 0 short position. a 100k spread is more the norms. and also what is important is the large specs have increased their short positions for the 3rd straight week. this coming week is the seasonal change. i think the markets are ripe for reversals in several markets , including the pms gld dropped near 1% of physical that has been a good indicator for reversal. another cog in the wheel dharma

#92 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:01 PM

Just heard Martin Armstrong on the cknw.com radio show from Vancouver, its in the archives if you want to listen, came on at 9 am pacific time.

He said Gold WILL drop down to the high 800 level or 900 level, if it happens by this winter, it could then drop to 650, but if it does not happen that fast then it would bottom at the first level around the next pi date of early Oct. 2015 (September was mentioned before - which is what my Platinum chart shows).

btw...It is possible my Dust chart projection has inverted so what I saw as a low for early Oct. will be a high for dust and a low for gold, so if that is correct and gold bottoms in early Oct. then rallies for a few weeks or even months as Pisces wrote on this board then Martin's call for the final low around $900 in Sept. 2015 could be correct.

Edited by Russ, 20 September 2014 - 01:07 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#93 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 01:13 PM

Dharma,

In Dec. 2013 the commercials were just over 20,000 short which is getting close to the zero line on the chart (left side scale) I did not say zero I said close to zero (relatively speaking) Russ

Posted Image
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#94 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:53 PM

Link to Armstrong interview September 20, 2014 cknw.com
https://soundcloud.c...s-sep-20-hour-1

#95 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:30 AM

Just heard Martin Armstrong on the cknw.com radio show from Vancouver, its in the archives if you want to listen, came on at 9 am pacific time.

He said Gold WILL drop down to the high 800 level or 900 level, if it happens by this winter, it could then drop to 650, but if it does not happen that fast then it would bottom at the first level around the next pi date of early Oct. 2015 (September was mentioned before - which is what my Platinum chart shows).

btw...It is possible my Dust chart projection has inverted so what I saw as a low for early Oct. will be a high for dust and a low for gold, so if that is correct and gold bottoms in early Oct. then rallies for a few weeks or even months as Pisces wrote on this board then Martin's call for the final low around $900 in Sept. 2015 could be correct.

Well, some pretty bold stuff there. I would ask why not higher levels - which, when viewing the decline from the all-time-high as a five wave move - would allow for wave 5 being the very common .618 or 1.00 times the length of wave 1.

#96 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:02 AM

Well, some pretty bold stuff there. I would ask why not higher levels - which, when viewing the decline from the all-time-high as a five wave move - would allow for wave 5 being the very common .618 or 1.00 times the length of wave 1.

Armstrong's ideal low would be the higher level of around 900 next Sept. which is also where the uptrend line on gold intersects with the .618 retracement and it kisses the 1980 high. If you look at my chart at the top of the gold board today, it shows the scenario. Avi Gilburt thinks the bottom is coming this oct. nov. , if that is correct then that would argue 650 according to MA but that's not his preferred idea, both guys are very smart and very sure of themselves. I would bet on Armstrong being right about next sept. based partly on my Platinum chart though.

#97 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

I can most easily count 5 down (we are in that 5) off the top in gold. I don't know how that can be construed as bullish...

Edited by dougie, 21 September 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#98 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

I can most easily count 5 down (we are in that 5) off the top in gold.
I don't know how that can be construed as bullish...

This is from Avi Gilburt's site elliotwavetrader.net , a trader called Arkady that seems to have great appreciation over there, I'm interested to hear what you,Senor, Dharma or others think about his wave count? He rarely posts his work apparently.

Posted Image

#99 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

This is from Avi Gilburt's site elliotwavetrader.net , a trader called Arkady that seems to have great appreciation over there, I'm interested to hear what you,Senor, Dharma or others think about his wave count? He rarely posts his work apparently.

Posted Image

IMO this in no way acts like a B wave in silver/miners especially. it appears to me as a classic 5th wave with huge capitulation now going on right now, my dos centavos

Senor

#100 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

Posted Image

IMO this in no way acts like a B wave in silver/miners especially. it appears to me as a classic 5th wave with huge capitulation now going on right now, my dos centavos

Senor

Thanks Senor, I think that Avi Gilburt agrees with you, he is looking for the final washout over the next couple of months down to 95 gld i think or more, as I posted elsewhere Armstrong's concern is that if it gets down to 900 gold too soon then it can go down to 650 but he prefers the 900 level by next september.

BTW.... if you are interested in it, you can get a free trial at Avi Gilburt's site for a couple of weeks.

Edited by Russ, 22 September 2014 - 10:12 AM.