what i see

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#161 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

On the contrary, we now know — courtesy of the HGNSI’s jump late last week — that gold timers’ bearishness was only skin-deep, and that they stand ready to become bulls again at the drop of a hat. True bottoms typically are accompanied by bearishness that is much more stubbornly held than that.

Perhaps> but the dynamics of sentiment ager a market has been DECIMATED for some years might be different( maybe they have looked into that ).

http://www.marketwat...orse-2014-10-07

Is this enough to stop a rally over the next few weeks?

"That was an extraordinary development. We’ve rarely seen one-day changes in the HGNSI that big, and on those few occasions, it’s been because of a correspondingly large jump in prices. We received emails Thursday night from subscribers to our sentiment service, wondering if the HGNSI jump that we reported had been a typo.

It was not a typo. Clearly, there was eagerness on many gold timers’ part to declare a bottom. That is something rarely seen when the market is really bottoming out.

Contrarians, therefore, were not surprised when gold plunged on Friday by more than $20 an ounce.

Those developments are depressing not just because gold lost a lot of ground. It also suggests that I was jumping the gun in declaring that the low HGNSI level reflected a high-enough level of despair and pessimism to mark a bottom.

On the contrary, we now know — courtesy of the HGNSI’s jump late last week — that gold timers’ bearishness was only skin-deep, and that they stand ready to become bulls again at the drop of a hat. True bottoms typically are accompanied by bearishness that is much more stubbornly held than that.

Might Friday’s unexpected plunge be enough to convert the erstwhile bears into stubborn ones? Early indications are not encouraging. As of Monday evening, for example, the HGNSI stood at minus 34.4%. While that is lower than last Thursday’s minus 15.6% reading, it remains 12.5 percentage points higher than where it stood before last Thursday."

#162 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:34 AM

given what Dow/S&P and miners are doing and have done the past day and a half this is some of the wildest action I have seen in years. Miners at a critical juncture if this is a deep pullback, have no clue what the Dow is doing, gold/silver actually holding up well "so far", be very careful out there NO BS Senor

#163 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

it appears to be a battle: in the left corner , the USD in the right corner; everything else

#164 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

try as I might I can't make out 5 waves up yesterday can someone show me those? I can easily see 3 waves off the highs though

Edited by dougie, 09 October 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#165 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:01 PM

try as I might I can't make out 5 waves up yesterday
can someone show me those?

I can easily see 3 waves off the highs though

IMO most of the rallies IMO look impulsive in the GDX/HUI/GDXJ/XAU etc and "so far" the declines to today's lows look corrective, but with what we have seen my confidence is not at all good

Senor

#166 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:25 PM

it appears to be a battle:
in the left corner , the USD

in the right corner; everything else

The Dollar – 'The Greatest Short Position Perhaps in History'

http://armstrongecon...aps-in-history/

Edited by Russ, 09 October 2014 - 01:25 PM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#167 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,203 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:38 PM

Dollar has broken support...

Posted Image
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#168 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 01:40 PM

i dont know , the commercials were very short the dollar last week. they are not often wrong! the dow is not that far from being unchanged for the year. is the market saying w/o qe the market is toast? what will it take to get the fed to act another qe would be sending the market an ominous message. w/o the fed the market is toast. gold seems to have a wait and see here. while the miners side w/the averages uranus is prominent and when that is the case volatility rises also pluto is prominent i think some debt issue comes to the fore dharma by the way add larry edelson to the list looking for sub 1k gold when does that space get crowded?

#169 redbrush

redbrush

• Traders-Talk User
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Now losing the 62% level with the metal weakening some.

#170 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:44 AM

but only three waves off highs so far...

Dollar has broken support...

Posted Image