what i see

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#181 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

I like the short term potential, taking trading position with stop belows today's miner ETF/index lows, as always DYODD

Senor

stop now breakeven at GDX 20.88, no excuses if 7 waves down is now done from bounce high, if bullish count is correct either a wave 2 or B has ended and we should now rally above the highs of a few days ago, so far so good, we see

BSing away

Senor

exited 1/2 trading longs not too far from highs and other half just now, nothing clear so no trading position over weekend

If you like seeing a series of daily RSI nonconfirmations into a series of new lows take a look at a Hecla(HL) daily chart, just "might" be one heck of a "coil", we see

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 10 October 2014 - 01:17 PM.

#182 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:19 PM

oh and by the way if the broad market continues to decline, or crashes. the sucking will take the miners w/it
dharma

Not saying it won't happen but in that scenario gold should spike and take the miners with it. Why? In 2008 hot money was in gold. Now it's short. FWIW.

it was the prospect of qe, that sent gold from 680 to 1924 over the next 3 years
so if the broads tank again, the market just might wake up to that possibility
it just seems to me that more and more bears are emerging. the sentiment #s are still way in the bears camp
dharma

#183 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:16 PM

thinking out loud. we had a huge key reveral day on wednesday .w/big volume . then yesterday the gdxj took a hit . a favorite tactic of the rothschilds. was the "market test" . they would sell something they wanted to buy in order to start accumulating it. today, that tactic is tried by many different market participants. is that what we saw yesterday????? dharma

#184 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:16 PM

cot http://news.goldseek.../1412969561.php
the only thing that strikes me is how short the commercials are the dollar
they covered a miniscule amount
dharma

#185 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

dharma

stock market's weak close is ominous, it's possible we could see a waterfall slide in the Dow and S&P next week, key is do miners go with it or start doing their own thing. I fully agree the dollar is the biggie here for the time being

Senor

#186 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

dharma

stock market's weak close is ominous, it's possible we could see a waterfall slide in the Dow and S&P next week, key is do miners go with it or start doing their own thing. I fully agree the dollar is the biggie here for the time being

Senor

50/50. Two questions for PM investors: 1) When does the Fed blink? And 2) When does market anticipate that? Because they ARE trapped.

#187 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

dharma

Senor

Looks like 1987 crash style fractal to me.

#188 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:56 AM

yes, i am using the 87 model yes, the fed is holed up in hotel california! when they return , it will be obvious to most it is inflate or die dharma

#189 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

dharma

Senor

no surprise as Dow now down around 200 pts. Interesting day in the miners, they are well off session highs but still solidly higher on the session and gold is near session highs at 1234 in late trading, very interesting here

Senor

#190 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

Nice miner action so far, if we can take out yesterdays highs IMO it would be near term bullish. Keep in mind that the HUI/Gold ratio remains deeply oversold and near recent new several years lows. we see Senor