cots

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

interesting that the same hedgies SHORT the CHF, were also the ones short GOLD.
Wipe them out and lookie lookie

Couldn't happen to a nicer group I am sure
[
quote name='johngeorge' date='Jan 15 2015, 09:08 AM' post='714988']
This morning WTI Oil over $50 and $GOLD battling resistance @ $1255.1. Swiss National Bank drops a bombshell!
[/quote]

#52 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

well i am going to start w/this old news http://www.cnbc.com/id/102340182. its about time the swiss returned to their bankster roots. and stopped wasting money supporting the euro and killing their currency
then raj cut rates by .25 basis points and the indian stock market rose as did the rupee
my attention is on the far east that is where the gold buying continues to come from.
gold popped over the previous high of 1256, silver just barely . i want to see it close today above 1256 and maybe a weekly close over that # would be good
my work has showed a strong january and into february. it is not a time for buying, but a time to lightly sell into strength. buying here , one is lunch for the banksters
it seems to me the broad market is on the precipice of a larger decline.
by the way the move from 32 -37 occurred while money was fleeing europe. the usa was a creditor nation . w/a currency backed and fully convertible to gold now marty is expecting that to happen again. ie the broad market take to the sky, i am not disagreeing i am skeptical . show me. the dollar is fiat and very debt laden. i am not saying it cant happen, as europe again sinks into the ooze. the greek elections are on the 25th . do they walk from the euro?what is the feeling in greece, tria . any insights.
dharma

#53 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

I too see this as a selling opp. but the fact that even YOU do makes me wonder if we didn't bottom in nov

well i am going to start w/this old news http://www.cnbc.com/id/102340182. its about time the swiss returned to their bankster roots. and stopped wasting money supporting the euro and killing their currency
then raj cut rates by .25 basis points and the indian stock market rose as did the rupee
my attention is on the far east that is where the gold buying continues to come from.
gold popped over the previous high of 1256, silver just barely . i want to see it close today above 1256 and maybe a weekly close over that # would be good
my work has showed a strong january and into february. it is not a time for buying, but a time to lightly sell into strength. buying here , one is lunch for the banksters
it seems to me the broad market is on the precipice of a larger decline.
by the way the move from 32 -37 occurred while money was fleeing europe. the usa was a creditor nation . w/a currency backed and fully convertible to gold now marty is expecting that to happen again. ie the broad market take to the sky, i am not disagreeing i am skeptical . show me. the dollar is fiat and very debt laden. i am not saying it cant happen, as europe again sinks into the ooze. the greek elections are on the 25th . do they walk from the euro?what is the feeling in greece, tria . any insights.
dharma

#54 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

Senseless I am Dharma but optimistic, and the saga may last much longer than the 25th Jan elections since a coalition of a couple of parties may be needed to form a Govenment or new elections again. The first thing, if a new Government is formed, is to elect a new President. Failling to do that, new elections anway. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#55 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:23 PM

Senseless I am Dharma but optimistic, and the saga may last much longer than the 25th Jan elections since a coalition of a couple of parties may be needed to form a Govenment or new elections again.

The first thing, if a new Government is formed, is to elect a new President. Failling to do that, new elections anway.

-tria

thanks tria, so its sort of chaotic?!

i am not in the slightest bearish. as i stated i think the market goes higher, 1350 is my target. but we are overbought, so i said lightening up is a better strategy than buying. i do see nov as having the potential for a bottom
good luck dougie, i doubt that i will respond to you again. life is short.

i look for the physical shanghai exchange to take over the lead from the paper comex market. interesting to me that india is cutting rates, while yellen is talking about raising usa rates. can you feel the shift from west to east?

dharma

Edited by dharma, 15 January 2015 - 12:24 PM.

#56 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

chinese new year on deck indian wedding season is also here/arriving this is where the buying will come from, not the west dharma

#57 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

i look for the demand for gold and gold items to continue to grow its not just the swiss national bank that has played and manipulated currency markets its the boj, ecb, boe, and fed. disruptions will ensue. waiting for the next chink in the armor to appear. 15 will be the year of transition dharma

#58 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

fallout from the removal of the swiss peg
http://www.bloomberg...-expensive.html
next week is the ecb . will they qe?
seems like the swiss thought they would!
dharma

#59 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

ding! ding ! ding!
commercials lopsided short gold and the dollar
https://www.google.c...i...&gws_rd=ssl
maybe the correction begins pronto
dharma

#60 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:35 PM

the link is above, you can see for yourself what the commercial, large spec, small spec position is
http://www.zerohedge...dity-assistance
dharma