My latest view

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:31 AM

Gold and Silver either hit a short term bottom yesterday or should bottom by mid next week. A tradable rally sould follow into early April and then probably fall into the May/June period. I am looking for a September high next. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#2 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:02 AM

i have a very similar outlook. fwiw dharma. waiting to see if the june low is a new low.

#3 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

In my case, I have bought Gold with Euros, the 50sma still holds.

http://stockcharts.c...id=p18375544545

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#4 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:00 AM

yes, as you know its a different picture against the dollar dharma

#5 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:13 PM

My last low came 7-10 days late, for two weeks up but I would not look at a hedging for 6 weeks. This happened this way two lows ago, on bad throwdown day a little after my ideal low week. My buy was $40 too high. The next decline should be the buy of the lifetime, July or Aug?

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#6 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:50 PM

Every time I made two purchases when that happened and averaged but this time I only had one scheduled. Just cost averaging the lows best I can, I did hit a 1/3 size silver purchase just right on the day. I use a zero interest account for these purchases. I have it scheduled to be paid in full and ready to buy all the credit they give me around Jul or Aug. Money is real tight now after buying the house which is why I had to buy my inventory along the way before now over time averaging. I cant buy a whole lot more again, just one more buy, has to be just right. I went in this order, whole life capitalization, metals, stocks, metals, house. Next one more metals, that's all I got planned for capitalization for now before big bang.

#7 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

My last low came 7-10 days late, for two weeks up but I would not look at

a hedging for 6 weeks.

This happened this way two lows ago, on bad throwdown day a little after my ideal low week.

My buy was $40 too high.

The next decline should be the buy of the lifetime, July or Aug?

AC,

Protect the downside and the upside will take care of itself.
I use the Euro for protection actually and believe that the Eurozone may go into the History books by 2017 IMO.

Too early for me to say when and where is THE (elusive) LOW.

As of now I think between May and June, but I must and will stay flexible and consider even for a 3rd Quarter low.

I am also thinking of buying Dec 2017 calls and sell 2017 puts as well, but haven't decided on the strike prices yet.
I have a couple of months to think about it, if and when the odds will suggest that both time, price, the COTS and the tecnicals are favorable.

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#8 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

Yes I should remember to use calls next time, I will want to sell down stocks on Apr 15 and July 4 anyway and use that money. What vehicle would you buy gold calls ?

#9 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:00 AM

Yes I should remember to use calls next time, I will want to sell down stocks

on Apr 15 and July 4 anyway and use that money.

What vehicle would you buy gold calls ?

either
http://www.barchart....s/options/GCZ17
or
http://www.marketwat...und/gld/options

~ Wayne Gretzky

#10 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:51 AM

If anyone can make sense of when Mahendra calls for a 2015 low in Gold, I would appreciate it.
I listened today to his 074 podcast predictions, but due to his accent I am not sure of his call.

https://soundcloud.c...-astrology-2of2

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky