waiting on a 5 up

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:13 AM

yesterdays volume was thin, so its tough to gauge the effect. to me the market looks poised for higher prices, but i think this area will produce a correction. the key is the dollar . it could have made a double top and is now consolidating for a down move during the volitility of august/september the yen was strong. gold did well the shanghai exchange will soon be trading a gold contract, which will bring more stability to the market . those 3 am bankster raids will be of much less significance. india, china , and russia have stepped up their buying, w/the volitility in the broad market the citizens of those countries, have stepped up their buying . the cot showed the commercials selling in a big way. during the 70s bull market i only remember 1 time where the banksters were net long. so while canada and britain were selling the countries heirlooms someone was buying . gordon brown was rewarded for selling the lows in gold w/prime minister of the country! looking @ the cots is only the visible part of the picture. so, here we wondering where we are now. the pattern projects to 1250, which if it occurs will put me in buy the dips mode and sell the rallies. i believe 16=17 will see more of the build out of the bull era look east dharma

#42 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:21 AM

i spend alot of time investigating explorers. i think when the bull comes back into vogue these stocks will be 10baggers @ least. someone mentioned chesapeake gold awhile back. it is one of my favorites. it is a monster project in size, scope, and has enough reserves to be prominent for a long time. they are situated in a favorable mining district in mexico.the ceo =randy reifel is also on the board of gg. he will have that boards attention when they step into acquisition mode. the explorers are in the gutter. their enterprise is being valued for moose pasture. in this field you have to do your homework, be lucky and have fortitude i read a piece around 2k about the guy who brought csco to ipo. he left the ride before the real big money was made. so, its not easy to stay seated. when i am more sure of the trend , i will hold my stable of juniors till i see euphoria in the market. dharma the miners are the most hated in the investment arena, they will become the darlings

Edited by dharma, 13 October 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#43 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:41 AM

i spend alot of time investigating explorers. i think when the bull comes back into vogue these stocks will be 10baggers @ least.
someone mentioned chesapeake gold awhile back. it is one of my favorites. it is a monster project in size, scope, and has enough reserves to
be prominent for a long time. they are situated in a favorable mining district in mexico.the ceo =randy reifel is also on the board of gg. he will have that boards attention when they step into acquisition
mode.
the explorers are in the gutter. their enterprise is being valued for moose pasture. in this field you have to do your homework, be lucky and have fortitude
i read a piece around 2k about the guy who brought csco to ipo. he left the ride before the real big money was made. so, its not easy to stay seated. when i am
more sure of the trend , i will hold my stable of juniors till i see euphoria in the market.
dharma
the miners are the most hated in the investment arena, they will become the darlings

You could easily buy a basket of ten for under ten thousand dollars. My guess is that it might be the best investment you could make in the next five to ten years.

#44 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:59 PM

sure seems like it john templeton bought 100 shares of ten companies trading under a dollar near the lows of the stock market in 32 . from there he bacame a billionaire dharma

Edited by dharma, 13 October 2015 - 02:00 PM.

#45 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:42 AM

Exactly Dharma and that is why on 9/1/2015 I entered this trade and which I posted at that time. Sep 1 2015, 04:15 PM Long January 2017 GDXJ 23 calls. Short January 2017 GDXJ 19 puts. Premium cost just a small credit. -tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#46 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

From Zero Hedge: Gold Soars Into Green Year-To-Date, Breaks Above Key Technical Level
Peace
johngeorge

#47 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:11 PM

the fact is miners @ the lows were down 85% the stock market @ the 32 lows were down 90% can we say the low is in, yes we can say that , but it may or may not be true. but the fact is the miners are way out of favor can they get more out of favor , you bet. but @ some point as an investor i have to say to myself these miners are way over sold, by sentiment measures, and they are being given little to no value i am not long up to my eye balls , but i am very long. the truth is no one calls the market right 100% of the time, i come to my own conclusions and live by that something in the markets has changed, not just gold but alot of markets dharma the far east have been through many economic upheavals , here in the usa we have not had one since the great depression. for them they have had many . remember mao

#48 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

something new
for the 1st time in 4 years gold has taken out a previous high
this is a shift.
as for china they are shifting/trying to shift to a domestic consumption economy. http://gracelandupda...oct15china1.png
notice gasoline consumption is + 19% this is significant
what interests me also is zinc consumption is up significantly as well. chpgf will be a huge producer of zinc, which will help their bottom line
the dollar is @ a major crossroads. close to a death cross. slowly, but visibly the market drivers are changing
i look for the miners to provide the most bang for the buck
dharma

#49 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:11 AM

zero rates have punished savers and benefitted government. as a result government has expanded , which is not good for biz
then this http://www.cnbc.com/...-bombshell.html
this would only expand government even more
according to marty this ecm top should be a top in government. we shall see. the current policies hurt savers
and the elderly
we need to see more rally , above 1200 to be sold on this being an impulse up . there is more time here.
lets see what the market does. if new lows are the order of the day. i will buy more miners. i dont think
that will happen, but i am prepared even if that scenario comes to pass.

dharma

#50 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

I put in a bid for a small starter position in GORO this am at slightly less than $3 where it is now trading. It pays a monthly dividend of 1cent x 12 = 12 cents a year. Math says 4% dividend. That being said I have no idea if it can continue paying the dividend......... Where it is trading is about 50% above its recent low. It was a $25 stock at one time. This is not a recommendation and I do not own any shares of GORO. DYODD.
Peace
johngeorge