UPDATES

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,864 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:57 AM

As though Friday volume's not low enough, both the Nasdaq and the NYSE volume so far has been lower than Friday by 20%-30%. I'm assuming machines have done majority of trading so far today. Without volume, it's too unpredictable.

Good luck, Salam.

Yep, have just been doing micro-scalps today...guessing we see the double Doji look at end of today....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#22 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:23 PM

As though Friday volume's not low enough, both the Nasdaq and the NYSE volume so far has been lower than Friday by 20%-30%. I'm assuming machines have done majority of trading so far today. Without volume, it's too unpredictable.

Yep, have just been doing micro-scalps today...guessing we see the double Doji look at end of today....

Volume is not liquidity. However, an abrupt surge of volume in this extremely low volume environment could cause the market to become illiquid. Anything could happen in an illiquid market. So, as I've commented, this intra-day action has become too unpredictable. I've no idea how it's going to end at this point.

#23 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:33 PM

Volume is not liquidity. However, an abrupt surge of volume in this extremely low volume environment could cause the market to become illiquid. Anything could happen in an illiquid market. So, as I've commented, this intra-day action has become too unpredictable. I've no idea how it's going to end at this point.

I taken 5 profits off the table. Rest with a stop at 2023

Low vix/dull market
I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#24 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,624 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

I doubled up on the put options within 5 min. of the market close. Holding Full positions is @ the $ QQQ & SPY Nov puts. Also picked up some Nov SPY 195 puts (small position). These 195 puts either score big or expire. Bought them and putting them away. Potential quintuple before Nov. exp.

#25 salam

salam

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

I doubled up on the put options within 5 min. of the market close. Holding Full positions is @ the $ QQQ & SPY Nov puts. Also picked up some Nov SPY 195 puts (small position). These 195 puts either score big or expire. Bought them and putting them away. Potential quintuple before Nov. exp.

Futures are creeping up to my stop. Gonna raise to 2025.

Expecting night monkeys to stop me out
I'm not sure what my future holds... But I know who holds it.

#26 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

When there's no pickup on volume, bull market default setting is to buy. By default, there are more buyers than sellers in a bull market. I'm hoping the post holiday Tokyo session tonight would help turn it loose, up or down, and bring back human traders. This is just painful. Deader than a door nail. No confirmation of either a reversal or breakout today. Individual stocks are the only trades.

#27 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

While Globex is getting a little boost from better than expected China September trade data, here are some of today's unusual technical events for your reference. (1) This is only the 32nd time the Dow has ever had a wining streak of 6 and more games since 1999. The last occurrence of this rare event ended on the 7th up-day on 12/26/2014. (2) This is only the 191st time out of more than 4,200 NDX trading sessions since 1999 volume came in lower than 500 mil shares. (3) NDX back to back NR7 days. Don't get too comfy.

#28 Bearearns

Bearearns

• Traders-Talk User
  • 709 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:22 AM

the red line is an oscillator? Thanks

Yes. I should've noted that.

=====================

Shanghai's breaking out: +3.38%. Looks like that's given futures a lift right around the time Shanghai opened. Not much going on after that burst.

Tough loss for the 9ers. Could've been 2-3 instead of 1-4. Big difference. Raiders could've won it today too. No fun for the Bay Area sports fans.

Thanks for response

#29 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:30 AM

When there's no pickup on volume, bull market default setting is to buy. By default, there are more buyers than sellers in a bull market.

Nasdaq opening 30-min volume is the lowest since the FOMC day on 9/17/2015.

BTW, INTC earnings after the bell today. Semiconductors' interaction with the Dollar could be a leading indicator.

#30 TechMan

TechMan

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:53 PM

When there's no pickup on volume, bull market default setting is to buy. By default, there are more buyers than sellers in a bull market.

Nasdaq opening 30-min volume is the lowest since the FOMC day on 9/17/2015.

BTW, INTC earnings after the bell today. Semiconductors' interaction with the Dollar could be a leading indicator.

Nasdaq intra-day RV Index turned positive after 11:00 am (yellow dot). After a brief pause, it then took off at around 12:40 pm (red dot) and never looked back. Nice change-up.

A great day for day-traders, not to mention the bonus after-hour INTC post earnings "fast money" trade. Phew!

Posted Image