Douglas Trading System

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 04:16 AM

The last Thursday risk window appears to have been a direct hit.  The next five trading days are a bit more complicated with a total of six risk cycle turns scattered from Tuesday to Friday with even more early next week .  The centroid of this mass of confusion appears to be this Friday the 11th, so I'll pose that as the best bet this week for a turn or acceleration event. 

This past week it appears my whipsaw stop let me down.  The system is currently in cash (cash or long only system) having been stopped out Thursday morning, but is now knocking at the door of the buy stop which will again force it to go long.  Normally the whipsaw stop would have kept the system long going in and out of a likely turn day like last Thursday, but the break of the pivot by the size of the down move forced the system to cash.

Regards,

Douglas

#2 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:34 PM

My neck hurts from all the whipsaws. Today one of my favorite short term indicators (the $vix:$vxv in stockcharts.com lingo) gave yet another sell signal.  By the way, short term for me, a non-day trader, is less than 10 days.   

Regards,

Douglas