The Chinese water torture continous for now

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:53 PM

To spit it out, the Chinese water torture for both bulls and bears continous for now and Gold drifts lower before it just

rebounds once again. THE low may have not been seen yet!

One valid reason apart from the more 'politically correct' reason of 'more sellers than buyers', (like Pisces said about CDE), is the proximity of the OPEX for the PM ETFs and for the February Gold futures contract.

As I have said many times the put/call ratios look bad, very bad in fact.

I assume a trading range of $1,095 - $1,035 +/-5 for now and I will trade this range accordingly.

'Waiting for Godot' is becoming a bit boring...mad.gif

http://www.sparknote...ot/summary.html

-tria

Edited by tria, 17 January 2016 - 01:56 PM.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#2 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:40 PM

The torture continues and not 'continous', sorry about my misspelling in the headline...

To spit it out, the Chinese water torture for both bulls and bears continous for now and Gold drifts lower before it just

rebounds once again. THE low may have not been seen yet!

One valid reason apart from the more 'politically correct' reason of 'more sellers than buyers', (like Pisces said about CDE), is the proximity of the OPEX for the PM ETFs and for the February Gold futures contract.

As I have said many times the put/call ratios look bad, very bad in fact.

I assume a trading range of $1,095 - $1,035 +/-5 for now and I will trade this range accordingly.

'Waiting for Godot' is becoming a bit boring...mad.gif

http://www.sparknote...ot/summary.html

-tria

Edited by tria, 17 January 2016 - 07:41 PM.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#3 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

The downwave from late 2011 should not drop below the January 1980 top of wave (1) which is just above 8.00

and at the same time should find support anywhere in the range of the previous 4th wave of lesser degree that imo

is the one that was printed from early to late October 2008.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#4 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 12:01 AM

Perhaps it is time to exchange some green paper (or any color for that matter) IOYs for some real stuff

aka 'the real McCoy'. I do like to buy 'things' at near a 30 year low. Things that should not drop to ZERO

due to their relevant cost of extraction/production unless a black hole is detected in our way sucking us all

and everything at once. Things that many people have died for, in many battles and wars.

'Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps'... as in the 1964 Doris Day recording.

'Fixed Gold' was freely offered in size to the Illuminati in 1964 and for the next 3 years @ about $35.10/oz.

People in Europe with hot/cold/black/white or whatever paper money were flocking to Geneva or Zurich Banks.

No questions were asked and usually they walked out of the Bank a bit heavier by some grams or kilograms

as many wished to take 'the stuff' with them to their own Country. One could observe them carrying the 'deadweight' 

by standing in the lake Genava bridge that leads to the old part of the city and watch them crossing it on foot.

'Those were the days my friends'.....Mary Hopkin 1968

1968 was the year that the freshly unfixed Gold rose to the astronomical price of $39.30/oz

I made my first trade about 10 years later. Bought 20 Gold futures contracts at the market.

My Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner and Smith Athens Account executive told me the order was too big and we should

buy 10 lots in the morning and the other 10 in the afternnon so as not to disrupt the market. All pure BS!!

Commissions were a round $100/lot in & out in those days. As I said, those were the days of innocence and naivety.

-tria

~ Wayne Gretzky

#5 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

tria -"Falling grades and production levels, a lack of new discoveries, and extended project development timelines are bullish for the medium and long-term gold price outlook." - Kevin Dushnisky, President, Barrick Gold, Jan 18, 2016.

dharma

#6 Kimston

Kimston

• Traders-Talk User
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 08:52 AM

"I do like to buy 'things' at near a 30 year low. Things that should not drop to ZERO

due to their relevant cost of extraction/production unless a black hole is detected in our way sucking us all

and everything at once."

Can't lose strategy: Buy now and place your stop just under zero. yes.gif

Kimston

#7 risk_management

risk_management

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,772 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 10:24 AM

Torture?  This is more like straight up execution.

#8 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

Gold's buying power for things that one can not live without is at an ATH !  dry.png

Go Gold...go ! clapping.gif

As soon as the ISIS crowd/clowns   giljotiini.gif  sell their last ounce of the stollen Gold, it will be let free to fly to the moon. This is the fundamental background/game/set up, the rest is noise for the mkt mechanics/tecnicians to sharpen their analytical skills.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#9 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:20 AM

Ρίσκο_management Hi,

'A straight up execution' is an instantaneous event whilst 'torture' has a certain duration and a degree of pain tolerance, imho.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#10 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 06:34 AM

I was expeting more Gold price weakness by now, to be honest.

If no pain is inflicted to the Gold bulls by tomorrow, then my expected low near 1/27 +/-1td may not be all that much lower.

On an unrelated note, what we think and what is reality may be slightly different...

Edited by tria, 20 January 2016 - 06:36 AM.

~ Wayne Gretzky