SPX week 02/01-02/05

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 barbu

barbu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

We are rolling into a very long bear market. Death by a thousand cuts ...

Hi John

I wrote the following comments (see re-post) , i kept a hook due to its political sensitivity, details has been "self-censored", You wait & see.

In essence:

(1) The nature law can not be altered forever

(2) history was a series of causal chains interacting with each other (E.H. Carr),.....  

(3) chickens come home to roost

Posted 13 December 2015 - 02:44 PM

12/12/15 SPX weekend

http://www.traders-t...is/#entry737072

"Fundamental" analysis, observed 

11/04/15 11:49:24 AM with Edit

Hot Soak: The engine remains hot for a period of time after it is turned off

Two of the major engines to drive the stock bull market since 2009

(i) QE is behind us.

(ii) China 4 trillion stimulus package (2008-2012) is behind us. the “Hot Soak” phenomenon dragged another 2 years. in reality, China entered the deleveraging cycle since 2012, their leaders warned “painful” time ahead honestly. 

China Minister of finance says: The next 5 years will be a painful period for the reform of Chinese economy, and the main goals need to be achieved by 2020. http://europe.chinad...nt_21794795.htm

China’s Premier Li Keqiang has ruled out the use of quantitative easing as a policy to help stimulate growth in the world’s second-largest economy. http://readynews.org...15/id32517.html

On November 9, 2008, China launched a 4 trillion Yuan (US$ 586 billion) economic stimulus package. As of November 15, 2008, it was revealed that the central government would only provide 1.2 trillion Yuan of funds. The rest of the funds will be reallocated from the budget of provincial and local governments (this was the root cause of the problems)  After 2 years and 4 months, the National People's Congress endorsed China’s 12th Five-Year Plan on March 14, 2011 said China will take steps to cool off its red-hot economy (bubbles)by increasing domestic consumption and de-emphasizing exports. However, these strategic adjustments came in the tough period when China has to deleverage its 4 trillion Yuan economic stimulus aftermath, meanwhile, met with a series of international slowdown, in particular in Euro zone. China is an emerging nation, economic plans are the primary driving force moving the nation ahead, monetary policy is conducted for dealing with short term tactics.

in essence:

- stock bull market dual engines were in shutdown mode, The QE “Hot Soak” works at its finest Crescent moment. Bulls' only hope is the QE hot money flows back to the US stock market continuously. Fictitious Economy cycle is about how to “move” capital according to a predetermined strategic time table, However, China is "pulling" USD's leg with his deliberative tactic maneuver. Let’s see what will happen ....

Edited by barbu, 05 February 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#22 barbu

barbu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

02/05/16 SPX after Close

session low 1872.65, closed as 1980.02

1872.72 - 02/03 session low

My friends invite me “reporting” to their trading room so i will be off chat room for a few trading days next week.  They have Trade Station platform,  5  desk top PCs with multiple monitors, trade E-Mini, NQ .. etc, There are three Clocks mounted  on the wall showing London Tokyo and NY local time,  sounds like a serious team. Their Motto are: “No overnight positions”;  Heeeheehe, those quick traders love my “quick perception”, I was “cordially invited” to exchange “tactic tips” .

The support zone 1875.84-1865.02 got tested again who knows for sure when it will be taking out.

If that zone gives away, then the odd is increasing the mighty SPX will re-test 1812 and switch the riding route to the red color wave in this chart http://forexrainbow....74429164261.jpg

02 February 2016 - 05:01 PM (Edit: rearranged the text, made it clearer in semantic)

To determine whether the Low on 01/20 is a dominant (major) cycle Low, the key to this open speculation on the table is the irregular 25-38 TD (Trading Day)  harmonic cycle due on 03/14/16 +/- (38 TD), and 02/24/16 (25 TD). Both or one of  it  may produce a new Low, We will see.

Edited by barbu, 05 February 2016 - 04:14 PM.

#23 SilentOne

SilentOne

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

Hi Barbu,

To finish the exchange we had last week, the August 24th low was the 33 week low in my view. We are likely down about +10 more weeks off the January lows to new lows. Just need to confirm the next high here soon.

cheers,

john

"By the Law of Periodical Repetition, everything which has happened once must happen again and again and again-and not capriciously, but at regular periods, and each thing in its own period, not another's, and each obeying its own law ..." - Mark Twain