Photo

I think I know now where Gold is heading in the short/medium term and it ain't up

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:18 AM

I bought a bit of dust yesterday, as well, partly due to your comments, Tria.  I will probably add a bit more since it's a smallish position.  Do you have a target that you expect gold or the miners (gdx/hui) to get to, or just playing it based on daily price action?  

Thanks,

Tim

Sorry Tim but I do not wish to know how you deal or what you do with my posted opinion which may

abruptly/suddenly change anyway or stops to be posted.

What respect you have for your hard earned money may be different from that of mine.

My own very active trading style may/should be different than yours

All I can do is post asap what I do with my own short positions, I can do nothing more.

Pls note these recent trades may last for a few hours/days/weeks at most.

I am allready looking where to exit short oriented trades even today and you are telling me you wish to add on strength

to a highly leveraged position such as in DUST.

Sorry Tim, NO COMMENT! You may get me into trouble of being mentally and psychologically responsible for your potential profits/losses!

and I do not wish to be in that position, otherwise I would trade discretionary money as well as mine as I have in the past..

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#22 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:43 AM

I just took the nice oportunity to cover my short GCJ16 position for about $35.00/oz profit.

It always feels nice to be covering under a stop loss environment.

I may short again if strength near the close.

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#23 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:11 AM

To trump the Livermore bull syndrom (be right and sit tight) and/or a potential Indian jewelers buying spree

and the Hillary/Trump election uncertainty I took this nice opportunity offered today to buy and sell a combination

of Dec2016 Gold Futures Calls and Puts respectively.

Call strikes were $1,280 (about where I liquidated and went short some).

Naked Put strikes were $1,175 and $1,150 where I wish to buy anyway (having sold about $100-$130 higher)

Premium expenditure was minimal.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#24 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

I will do something similar with Silver,

Buying Dec $16.00 Calls

Selling Dec $14.00 Puts

And relax for the next 8 months and trade only when the odds are very favourable on my side.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#25 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:31 AM

Selling Dust paper for $3.57 if bid there soon today.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#26 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:41 AM

Filled on the Dust order so I can now declare the Shorting Campaign very profitable so far and short lived.

I may short again on any small strength, as ideally an important low may be observed around the April Fool's day,

no kidding, really !

~ Wayne Gretzky

#27 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

sweet ,      tria

dharma

#28 drt4nrg

drt4nrg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:50 AM

No worries, Tria.  How I trade is not your concern.  I make my own decisions based on information available.  I will add if there is some recovery in gold price, such as a quick bounce back to the vwap.  I did sell partial position this morning with 20+% gain over yesterday.  Too good to pass up...  I do watch the market closely, especially when in 3x etfs, and trade in and out quickly if price changes different than what I expect.  In any case, I don't hold anyone resposible for my trades other than myself!  Thanks for sharing your trades.

-Tim

#29 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:27 AM

Tim,

Its always interesting to know what you or other traders do.

I do not wish to know however if it was because of my actions/opinion.

My most precious pocession is my ability to be flexible and change my view without any explaining to anyone.

FWIW, I am looking to short again as early as tomorrow or on next Monday if prices oblige

and are a bit higher than now.

Ideally looking for a more important low near April Fool's Day, and price wise near $1,175.00 but

to me, time is more important than price.

No worries, Tria.  How I trade is not your concern.  I make my own decisions based on information available.  I will add if there is some recovery in gold price, such as a quick bounce back to the vwap.  I did sell partial position this morning with 20+% gain over yesterday.  Too good to pass up...  I do watch the market closely, especially when in 3x etfs, and trade in and out quickly if price changes different than what I expect.  In any case, I don't hold anyone resposible for my trades other than myself!  Thanks for sharing your trades.

-Tim

~ Wayne Gretzky

#30 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 10:50 AM

Tomorrow being a day before the Good Friday observance and next Monday being an Easter Monday

holiday in the UK, thin market conditions may result in some volatility and in an interesting price discovery trip,

that in hindsight may look like a mirage..

~ Wayne Gretzky