Photo

I think I know now where Gold is heading in the short/medium term and it ain't up

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#11 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:09 AM

Hi. I'm new to this board but have been reading some previous posts

to get a feel for sentiment and expectations.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts/results of your analysis.  I am not familiar with T-theory but am interested in learning more!

Thanks,

-Tim

Hi Tim and wellcome aboard,

The blilliant Terry Laundry, the founder of the T-Theory forum is not with us unfortunately, he passed away in July 2012.

Just to get an idea of his T-Theory principles here is Peter Eliade's short comments about his original work.

http://stockmarketcy...ct24Report.html

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
~ Wayne Gretzky

#12 drt4nrg

drt4nrg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:57 AM

Thanks much, Tria.  I'll enjoy reading it.

#13 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:19 AM

For the enlightment of CafeFrorida,

Fourty odd years of trading practically anything that trades, creates in itslelf an internal methodology

that can not be related to others even in a book. Ingrained experience can not by put into written words.

What a cetain data indicates to me, may be interpreted in a different or even an opposite way to others

as happened in this board a few times.

The 'Ignore' bottom is an option if my bottom line pure opinion is not enough 4 you, as I do not post to be well recieved

but just to prove that making lots of money trading a market is a real possibility.

If my opinion helps someone, so much the better, and if not, so be it.

We must never forget that we are dealing with probable outcomes and nothing more, nothing less.

-tria

In the world of 0 and 1: "austerity" is the right thing to SAY; "spent more, print more" is the right thing to DO.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#14 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:59 AM

I have been accumulating today some dusting paper A.K.A. DUST  any time it drops below the $3.00 mark.

Edited by tria, 22 March 2016 - 09:03 AM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#15 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

I should clarify that the DUST position is not a hedge ( I am not long GDX ) but a for pure profit/loss short position !

Edited by tria, 22 March 2016 - 10:32 AM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#16 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

What is more important to me is not the close today but where Gold is by mid-day tomorrow.

This may give me an early indication whether my 'trading with a short bias' campaign will be profitable or not

and how long it may last.

Edited by tria, 22 March 2016 - 11:42 AM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#17 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

Tria, This weekly chart does not look too promising for the golds... 

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#18 tria

tria

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:56 AM

"Tria, This weekly chart does not look too promising for the golds..."

Russ,

Neither was this daily my friend and for a few days now (did not look promising), but some prominent forecasters

choose to disregard bearish observations, call it ostrich mentality.

Edited by tria, 23 March 2016 - 03:59 AM.

~ Wayne Gretzky

#19 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:08 AM

Yes Tria, the daily looks bearish too, perhaps the weekly can be a bit more certain though? 

I also remember that Mr. Armstrong in a radio interview last year said that the big low would come in late

March, so it now looks as though that forecast has inverted (he was probably looking at a cycle being the big cycle guy).

Gold is down 14 as I type this at $1234, taking out the last low at 1228 should cause the bulls to start capitulating.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#20 drt4nrg

drt4nrg

• Traders-Talk User
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:20 AM

I bought a bit of dust yesterday, as well, partly due to your comments, Tria.  I will probably add a bit more since it's a smallish position.  Do you have a target that you expect gold or the miners (gdx/hui) to get to, or just playing it based on daily price action?  

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by drt4nrg, 23 March 2016 - 06:20 AM.