Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:40 PM

actually

$gold weekly cycle could be a big drop in two weeks,

could it be a wave 2?

It might be some hedge in order at least prepare for buys. I don't see how they

have any more leverage to naked sell year's of paper, line on close chart could be ready

for a large wave 2.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#32 relax

relax

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:06 PM

http://www.traders-t...r-your-perusal/

achartist, maybe that date in may aligns with your expected drop

#33 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:31 PM

If its down around mid May I will be a big buyer.

webbiot said there is going to be one big gap fill day in silver, all over

in one day and reversing up, I will buy that if I see it.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#34 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:02 AM

i am always pursuing charts to see who the laggards are , i have identified a couple  now will wait for a bear raid

while purusing if you look at the daily gold chart going back to mid 15 there is a big inverse h&s pattern. on the chart which we are at the neckline now.

on the comex exchange for example there is more than 100contracts of paper gold to 1 contract of physical gold  so, you can see why folks become concerned and short when the banksters report lopsided cot reports.  w/the sge, which is a physical market  and will grow to rival ny and london viper pits. , it makes it more difficult for the paper shorts to exert their influence.  there is also the dubai quattro and soon to be russia/chinese exchange.

yes, folks the market has changed, the build out of the gold market infrastructure is taking place. and the 2-3 am scams on the comex/lbma are smaller and smaller.  there may be one coming up here around the 9/10  we shall see. i am keeping some powder dry for such an eventuality

https://www.sprottmo...ff-nielson.html

yes, there is a new sheriff in town . and the scams will be disappearing russia and china have embarked on a monthly program of buying gold

Direct quote from the Peoples Bank of China (PBOC) Governor Zhou Xiaochuan:
“At present, up to 12 trillion yuan stays in domestic residents’ saving accounts. The launch of individual gold investment, therefore, will allow residents to change currency assets into gold assets. At the macro level, it will expand channels for changing savings into investment, thus adjusting the money supply; in the micro aspect, allowing citizens to trade and keep gold can improve social welfare, benefiting both the country and the population. Moreover, with the dual attributes of common commodity and currency commodity, gold is a desirable instrument for hedging. Therefore, developing gold trade for individuals is practical.”    worth reading again

they are dead serious about making gold part of their financial system

in the 30s gold was center of us financial system.  and in 34 roosevelt did a gold reval.  well they have tried qe, zirp and in some countries nirp.  what is next. well at some point like it or not gold reval will be a reality.  the fed is trapped.  you can find them in ----------   gold reval is coming in the years ahead 

getting too heavily leveraged can be a death sentence.  volatility will be increasing.  i have been margined since december lows. i tried and tried to curtail my enthusiasm for what i saw/see developing. when black rock took the other side of the banksters. it was game on.  and then the cots scared the western gold investor after 4-5 years of beatings  hard to blame them.parameters change in bull markets. in 78 i was a newbie, market would get over bought make overbought divergences, and i would take some off only to watch the divergences get taken out w/another upside thrust.  an adjustment in thinking is needed in a bull . surprises are on the upside. 

silver will get going later in the bull and when it is blue skies for silver. folks pointing to the massive chinese solar program . modi promised something similar than when all that is in the market and it starts to slide. the door will not be wide enough. this is a heads up in silver . yes, its in the future around 20 but its good to be mentally prepared. cause its going to look wonderful(in 11 silver topped in april gold in sept)

dharma

Edited by dharma, 02 May 2016 - 10:03 AM.

#35 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

actually the #of paper shorts is 542:1 vs physical gold held on comex

The HGNSI was unchanged at 40%

. MarketVane’s bullish consensus rose 2 points to 59%

DSI rose 12 points to 68%which is well below the 80s which is where this # tops at 

the miners are rolling over today,  which is encouraging. we dont a parabolic  yet. 

looking to buy

on some more weakness

dharma

#36 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:17 PM

dharma

I did some buying today, at higher prices, of many that I previously sold. dunce.gif  I need to learn that lesson of not selling my position in a bull market.  lighten.gif Hopefully this last lesson will stick this time around. 

Eric King and John Embry had a good discussion on losing positions and cots readings in a bull market.  A lot of what you have been posting, for some time on this board, they reiterated.  For those interested in the discussion here is the link:  http://kingworldnews...n-just-43-days/

Peace
johngeorge

#37 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:13 PM

jg, its a big lesson and a hard one at that. the trader in us sees divergences from overbought. the commercials piling on short positions. etc etc

bulls climb a wall of worry. i do sell, so far i have only sold when an issue i own gets taken out. 

fwiw department. the word is commercials are short paper and long physical. of course i have no way to check that

awhile back hadik had stated that 16 he saw trouble in syria  and saudi arabia. the saudis have increased oil production 3.5% and it is rumored they are stashing money, maybe for their getaway  obama has privately discussed democratic reform w/them   

then there is quadrillion dollar derivative tower .  i expect volatility to become extreme before the financial world resets

any way markets are a learning experience and once the lessons are learned the game changes

today may prove to be a good miner buy day. i started a new position in one.  to see how it feels

i am not terrified. so i didnt buy much

dharma

#38 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

corrections are part of the process.  the move up to 1300ish was a bit of a surprise to me.  i am looking for a correction into may 10th bradley orthe 25th 1293,1277,1261 are support , 1293 taken out. i am a buyer at the time frame and we will see what #s we are dealing w/then. most didnt see the rally from december. even bulls are out. its the nature of bulls to have folks chase. 

i dont entirely agree w/this guy 

here is part 2 of r rule interviewing friedlandhttp://www.sprottglo...nd-–-part-ii/

this guy is a successful miner. i looked at ivanhoe awhile back and still have not been motivated to pull the trigger.  i do like reading him though, he covers areas that are important to look at when investing in a miner., which may be things i have overlooked.

at the next high if gold makes a new high and the miners dont= a larger correction and time to take some off

dharma

#39 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

here is the audio of r rule /friedland http://sprottglobal....interview-2016/

i had bad experiences w/s afrikan miners in the 70s strikes, flooding(deep mines) and currency problems.  today the rand

is weak vs the dollar so this is not an issue. but strikes could be 

this guy is a top miner but , there have have been problems in this area in the past. the allure is the share price is incredibly low compared to the value of the mine . risk vs reward. for me i have enough on my plate. 

dharma

Edited by dharma, 03 May 2016 - 10:58 AM.

#40 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

in the last bull all the commodities moved up in pretty much unison. this gave tremendous support to gold

he covers his expectations  for miners as well http://www.ganngloba...7d7fd4cc4b4a423

i am in wait and see mode. i do think the 1307 previous top will be taken out. and then some, but after that i think we get a good pullback

and that will present a really good buying opportunity so i dont want to waste amo on a 15 decline or so in gold . i have my position 

now if one is trading its a totally different game, horizons are different. one has to know which game they are playing and stick w/the strategy of that 

game. i trade, dont talk about that. but a big mostly i am an investor.  this bull is 4 months old.  it has a long ways to go. i see the infrastructure buildout taking place, its still way early dubai, shanghai exchanges are young. very young and will go through a process of gaining recognition

alot of miners are going to burn through their money. i called nak they are going to burn through their 7.5 million in cash in 2-3 months , then comes dilution that is not a smart investment at this time and there are many others in this boat.  

if you listened to friedland he said he will not put his share holders in this position, he doesnt feel compelled to build out the mine w/o the resources to do so, he will build them out in stages. most probably be taken out well before that happens.  he definitely has the right perspective.  buring out of cash is bad for investors.  do your homework. 

dharma