raymond merriman the incredible spring line up part 4

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#81 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:57 AM

i decided to get off margin entirely , but i am in a fluid situation so for now that is the case

the 2016 closest fractal i have found is 1976 so far it tracks well

i took off thm for one. w/5.1 million in the bank, and the rep telling me it should last till years end , i decided

that investors would anticipate this, and i dont want to be on board when they try to raise cash diluting the shares. 

and they have a one time land tax due early next year. so, i may or may not come back to this one next year. 

i do like the mines land package in alaska

from a technical perspective , the miners and gold charts still look constructive to me.  but , i dont want to be leveraged if/when 

the market turns http://seasonalchart...ssics_gold.html  this chart has me on my toes also

dharma

thanks jabat

#82 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:54 PM

hardly exuberance around here, it is oh so quiet

stewart thompson has talked about this, and its one reason i started to back the truck up in december

notice on the gold/miners chart the miners topped out in 96  and were in an overall bear market for 20years. its why i dont think a double in 4

months here  is a big deal hardly a blip on the chart. the miners will have some serious catching up to do , and over the next few years that will take place. http://kingworldnews...all-of-mirrors/

the miners are very lean , in spite of the double off the lows. there is alot of fat to be put on. they will go from hated to loved

this is a great interview. louis james asks great question  of randy riefel

http://business.fina...es-gold-project

dharma

#83 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:42 PM

"hardly exuberance around here, it is oh so quiet"

On the PAAS earnings call yesterday there were no analyst questions… none. Think about that. Is there going to be a big correction to let everyone into this bull move? I know what I think. ;)

#84 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:12 PM

"hardly exuberance around here, it is oh so quiet"

On the PAAS earnings call yesterday there were no analyst questions… none. Think about that. Is there going to be a big correction to let everyone into this bull move? I know what I think. wink.png

i too have been saying that all along.  

dharma

#85 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:59 PM

Interview with Bob Hoye Friday May 13, 2016 http://talkdigitalne...-looking-toppy/

Bob thinks Precious Metal miners could be in a new cyclical bull market. Comments on the sector start around 13:40.

Peace
johngeorge

#86 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,052 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 04:56 PM

Happy to have bob on side

#87 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:47 PM

dougie

"Happy to have bob on side"

I will second that dougie.  IMO Bob Hoye is one of the best of the analysts out there.  I have read his stuff and listened to many of his interviews and came away with good ideas and a more realistic view of the markets.  

Peace
johngeorge

#88 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

May 13, 2016 Sprott Money's Craig Hemke interviews Andrew Maguire

Peace
johngeorge

#89 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:15 AM

my concern, and i have voiced it before, the broad market has a crash. it seems to me the broad market has been walking the plank. it should run out of plank sometime in june. i want to have powder when that happens. i am not in martys camp of new lows for gold /miners but i can see a correction.

Gold priced in dollars tripled from 1999 to 2006 with the banksters shorting massively.

Gold priced in dollars also tripled from the 2008 lows to the 2011 highs, with the banksters shorting massively all the way

i thought the commercials would take on 300k shorts and they have.  from here i think we assault the 1307 and break above the jan 15 highs. 

i am not willing to be on margin here.  there are a couple of stocks i am interested in, but i will be disciplined.  

as for the dollar, if it rallies to new highs , it will create problems for multinationals  and underdeveloped nations.

waiting for new highs for the move. 

dharma

#90 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:24 AM

From Zero Hedge 05/16/2016 10:35

Gold Plunges After "Someone" Suddenly Decides To Dump Over $2.3 Billion Notional In 10 Minutes
Peace
johngeorge