correction

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#41 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:30 PM

i dont think this correction lasts long, but it could  be deep.  i have been raising cash. not a large amount. the big mistake is to miss the next move, which could very well be a blast out of the lows.  the impetus is the broad market, which has been in a topping pattern for quite some time.  i think it could turn into a rout. 

stay nimble. 

dharma

#42 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:10 AM

the next higher price cycle is 1358 we could not break into that. so more consolidation was necessary . 1325 was support , that couldnt hold. 1309(08-06) has held the market up 2x before. today we hit 1308.7  again into that zone. this is the 3x  we have hit this zone of support. we need to rally from here. or else we will test lower #s. on the hourly charts there are divergences from oversold on the gld /gdx   on the gdxj it has not followed w/lower lows so there are no divergences, but it has created intermarket divergences. i have been raising cash  w/the failure to break into the next higher price cycle. . the full moon is tomorrow  a time for lows. and the solstice is coming up, a seasonal change for gann, and gannman has mentioned that as well.  i am deliberating here.  

i have a model which calls for a low, a rally that fails in oct and then a final low in nov.  i cant help but think the stock market gets whacked. long end is going for higher yields which will serve to keep a ceiling on any gold rally for now.  the board is dead 0posts. a good indication of a bottom

dharma

#43 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

the next higher price cycle is 1358 we could not break into that. so more consolidation was necessary . 1325 was support , that couldnt hold. 1309(08-06) has held the market up 2x before. today we hit 1308.7  again into that zone. this is the 3x  we have hit this zone of support. we need to rally from here. or else we will test lower #s. on the hourly charts there are divergences from oversold on the gld /gdx   on the gdxj it has not followed w/lower lows so there are no divergences, but it has created intermarket divergences. i have been raising cash  w/the failure to break into the next higher price cycle. . the full moon is tomorrow  a time for lows. and the solstice is coming up, a seasonal change for gann, and gannman has mentioned that as well.  i am deliberating here.  

i have a model which calls for a low, a rally that fails in oct and then a final low in nov.  i cant help but think the stock market gets whacked. long end is going for higher yields which will serve to keep a ceiling on any gold rally for now.  the board is dead 0posts. a good indication of a bottom

dharma

No interest exemplfied by no posting is good from my perspective. What happens if there is no rate hike? I think we know the answer to that.

#44 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:28 AM

seems everyone got out and is hiding under the bed. the pattern on the chart looks very positive . market action is positive.  the question is what if they raise.   well if they raise the stock market tanks. the dollar will tank. and this will pull the metal w/it.  retail sales yesterdays # was border line.  the #s dont warrant a rise. the market is not looking for a rise. if it happens  gold could have problems.  i put that happening as a very small chance.  

i am slowly buying . and will continue into the meeting.   

i think the larger even is admitting china into the sdr . on the 24 th china must reveal its actual gold hoard and becomes a voting member  

dharma 

oh and the fed is trapped in hotel california

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

not investment advice . 

but it looks to me like ngd is sold out. 

do your own dd

dharma

#46 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:35 AM

stock market up .  

doing some light buying on the miners. continuing my buy program

brief synopsis 

venus is in the first few degrees of libra=an indication that silver is bottoming. and mars is in capricorn an indication for bullishness in gold mercury is retrograde causing volatility it goes direct on the 22. the solstice. its a time for something new.

compression

dharma

#47 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:19 PM

Looks like we now get a c wave up to complete the B wave of a correction

#48 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:40 PM

C wave up would be very good dougie as I also did some buying today.  Looking for a rally to capture some more capital gains.  smile.png

Peace
johngeorge

#49 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:56 PM

well no one has ever had a wrong wave count?!?!?

gross and a whole slew of analysts have come out  w/dont be surprised if they raise

https://www.youtube....h?v=Pbn6a0AFfnM

i dont think they will raise

that and the bus fare will get u on the bus

dharma

#50 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:59 PM

well no one has ever had a wrong wave count?!?!?

gross and a whole slew of analysts have come out  w/dont be surprised if they raise

https://www.youtube....h?v=Pbn6a0AFfnM

i dont think they will raise

that and the bus fare will get u on the bus

dharma

Wave counts are never "wrong" - just adjusted in hindsight!!!!

dharma I find this chart interesting.....http://stockcharts.c...425&a=380726110