correction over? or wave 3underway

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#61 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:25 AM

with some early upside action IMO the worse case count "at this time" is that we are in the latter stages of wave "e" of a 4th wave contracting tri, in the GDXJ/GDX, if this count is correct it would likely lead to a final thrust down to marginal/modest new lows in the gold stock indices. However it would not surprise me if we just make an ugly bottom and the lows are already in place given all the recent divergences , should be a very telling Fed day.

BSing away

Senor

#62 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:38 AM

I exited GDXJ long for a modest gain as I have to for now "respect" the possible bearish contracting tri count and that this "might" be wave "e". Always can buy later if we do make an ugly bottom and don't decline to one more new low, as always DYODD

Senor

#63 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

i expect there will be volatility after the announcement. often times 1st way is wrong way. i am looking for a bottom here. then
a rally, then another selloff. this hike will change the market psychology. we are going from deflation to inflation. from 0
interest rates to higher rates. , which will force the banks qe money ball out of the fed into lending. this will begin the game
now, i am not pointing arrows to the sky forecasting unbelievable #s for gold but i believe the move higher begins in earnest.
the parabola begins in a couple of years. this ends in tears. and gold eventually in a big fat bubble.
dharma

#64 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

have a W bottom , now we need upward movement
dharma

#65 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:07 PM

with some early upside action IMO the worse case count "at this time" is that we are in the latter stages of wave "e" of a 4th wave contracting tri, in the GDXJ/GDX, if this count is correct it would likely lead to a final thrust down to marginal/modest new lows in the gold stock indices. However it would not surprise me if we just make an ugly bottom and the lows are already in place given all the recent divergences , should be a very telling Fed day.

BSing away

Senor

Not sure why this is worst case...surely this could all be impulsive down on our way to new monthly loes

#66 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

BSing away

Senor

Not sure why this is worst case...surely this could all be impulsive down on our way to new monthly loes

its my friggin OPINION nimrod based on near term action NOT bigger picture charts

#67 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

I have a few "stink" orders in at modest new decline lows, ya never know with a possible bearish contracting and a highly anticipated/charged news event like this Fed meeting, expect wildness and a few fakeout gyrations!

Senor 

#68 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,070 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:16 PM

BSing away

Senor

its my friggin OPINION nimrod based on near term action NOT bigger picture charts

#69 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,623 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

no more divergences, back to the drawing board
dharma

#70 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,967 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

I have a few "stink" orders in at modest new decline lows, ya never know with a possible bearish contracting and a highly anticipated/charged news event like this Fed meeting, expect wildness and a few fakeout gyrations!

Senor 

my "stink" GDXJ bid went off at 32.40, now about 10% of portfolio long in a trading position as IMO this is very likely a post triangle thrust to new low in the miners which "IF" correct should reverse quickly back up, as always ANY forecast is a "best guess", just as everyone throws in the towel Senor likes what he sees but until I get some evidence of a bottom I only take smallish positions

Pure BS

Senor