• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#121 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:24 PM

dharma

Thanks for the thread.  You have given many excellent points to consider.  I am still bullish and remain nearly fully invested.  In the event we have a short term pullback I will add to positions.  1325 gold looks to me to be a good number for this rally.  Will see.

Best to you.  smile.png

Peace
johngeorge

#122 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

now we have broken into the next higher price cycle. 1245, 1261,1277, are the next 3 resistance points in this cycle.
gdx/gdxj have left their 200dma in the rear view mirror . gold is yet to be confronted w/its 200 ma. all in all the
pm complex looks very healthy. remember at the lows in december we were at a 29 year low in sentiment. and within the last 2 weeks
we saw oi contract significantly. before this wave concludes, folks will chase there is still a lot of power left in this wave.
i am sitting . i will get to a more comfortable exposure soon. but not yet. my feeling is there is alot of disbelief in the complex
the president of the usa has said he wants to see the dollar lower. to my mind that is a bullish signal for gold . if mr risk on
dollar heads lower than risk off gold will be a direct beneficiary of that. there is alot of skepticism out there. and alot of
caution. in spite of these enormous signals. good luck to all
dharma
congrats to those holding pvg +13.45% today one of my largest holdings.
the ceo is a very well known entity having been ceo of paas. folks have had lots of dealings w/quartmaine
over the years. they are fully funded and building out the mine. one of the highest grade findings that i
have ever seen bruscejack. will be producing extremely high grade for many years to come. and in a very safe
jurisdiction in nw bc canada.
folks dont overthink these things.

Edited by dharma, 06 February 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#123 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:20 PM

congrats to those fully invested. Happy PVG one of my three largest position and happy not yet hedged. 

#124 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:53 AM

w/the current administration calling for a lower dollar, the wind is now at golds back i see kwn has an article stating stan "
the man"druckenmiller has bought back his full gold position. i am from missouri"show me" in either case it would not surprise me
anyway i found these 2 articles interesting . http://blogs.barrons...low-3-trillion/
how is china going to stop the run of its foreign holdings. the alternative is float the yuan. and http://blogs.barrons...low-3-trillion/
of course the dollar bulls are getting a wake up call. under republicans the dollar tends to trend lower. not a difficult thing to
follow.
w/inflation coming up to the feds 2% there are many currents at golds back. i am in the stagflation camp! i have been following
the fractal of the 70s gold chart 75 could have been our dec 15 low. its why i have the abc as an alternate count , not primary.
as always we shall see, so far the fractal of the 70s is working well. now if the gold bull lasts till 22 then maybe this was an
abc. again we shall see.
anyway, in a stagflation environment the miners will be a top performer. you have to do your homework and research and even then
you have rainy river bleeding ngd. ngd doesnt dissuade me from having a very large miner position i believe they are very under
valued and they do offer the investor value. real value.
dharma

#125 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

yesterday was good volume in gdxj/gdx . gold is hanging tough .miners have their usual volatility
seems there is little to no interest. no sense for me to talk to myself. i can do that w/o posting
dharma

#126 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

i wanted to confirm the kwn report. and here it is druckenmiller is back in gold. his exit and entrance pretty darn good
https://www.bloomber...november-stance
5 days up in a row on gold. took out the sept downtrend
dharma

#127 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

I think a weekly GLD close only chart says it all, a several week move straight up off the Dec low, first down close last week (wave 2), now a new closing high for GLD this week which IMO is very likely wave 3 getting going, we see

Senor

as I said that weekly close only chart was key - it is and was "gold"

BSing away

Senor

#128 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:42 PM

I think a weekly GLD close only chart says it all, a several week move straight up off the Dec low, first down close last week (wave 2), now a new closing high for GLD this week which IMO is very likely wave 3 getting going, we see

Senor

as I said that weekly close only chart was key - it is and was "gold"

BSing away

Senor

we took out the sept downtrend . at this juncture after 5days up , we could pull back. i am in reducing margin mode. thank you.
if we pull back i buy. i agree i think we are going to race soon. folks have been so conditioned to run for cover. there is something different about gold in 17. and its on many fronts.
dharma

#129 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:43 PM

dharma

"there is something different about gold in 17. and its on many fronts."

You have previously mentioned the weakening dollar and that mountain of debt out there that will one day be recognized for what it represents.  There is also the all time low in the XAU and higher (?) interest rates.  Then, of course, there is Druckenmiller.  Thanks for that confirmation. 

Short term pullback is time for me to add.  Bought a full position in FSM this am.  If it can get out of its own way I have bet it will be a winner.  That trade is underwater now and looks to be heading lower.  sad.png  This is not investment advice.  Do your own due diligence.

Best to you.  smile.png

Peace
johngeorge

#130 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:48 PM

right know the most important thing for me is to decipher whether this up is going to turn out to be a C or a 3

holding off on hedges so far but not long now