• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#61 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:50 AM

24.96 on gdx sits the 200dma
yes, i see the divergences in gld. gdx took the divergences out yesterday. miners lead. i am cautious in here. looking to cut back
but i will let the market do that for me. feb1 is fed day. will yellen continue her games. trump has a definite agenda. and a lower
dollar is part of it. i wonder if his agenda clashes w/yellen if she will become more timid? anyway , yesterday was a tremendous
day for the miners. so, i am not rushing to do anything. as i tend to agree w/senor, we could have/are experiencing a shallow substandard
wave 2 and 3 is directly on the horizon. again i am taking it a day at a time. but that possibility exists.
01 caused the double bottom in gold . and 09 caused a big pullback in the price. here we are in the 3rd phase of that 8 yr cycle. i am
thinking overvalued stocks get seriously taken to the wood shed in a month or 3 and set up a big buying opportunity for the metals
i want to have cash for such an event.
dharma

Edited by dharma, 24 January 2017 - 10:52 AM.

#62 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

the qe money ball given to the banksters by qe has been sitting at the fed. they have not lent it out. i think at some point that
money hits the fractional reserve banking system and gets lent out. it could extend the biz cycle , but it will definitely have
an inflationary affect. i still think money velocity turns up later in 17
dharma

#63 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:43 PM

yes, i see the divergences in gld. gdx took the divergences out yesterday. miners lead. i am cautious in here. looking to cut back
but i will let the market do that for me. feb1 is fed day. will yellen continue her games. trump has a definite agenda. and a lower
dollar is part of it. i wonder if his agenda clashes w/yellen if she will become more timid? anyway , yesterday was a tremendous
day for the miners. so, i am not rushing to do anything. as i tend to agree w/senor, we could have/are experiencing a shallow substandard
wave 2 and 3 is directly on the horizon. again i am taking it a day at a time. but that possibility exists.
01 caused the double bottom in gold . and 09 caused a big pullback in the price. here we are in the 3rd phase of that 8 yr cycle. i am
thinking overvalued stocks get seriously taken to the wood shed in a month or 3 and set up a big buying opportunity for the metals
dharma

there are "some potential" divergences but a lot of other daily stuff is also confirming, right now looks, acts, smells like a big third wave to me but that can change quickly, holding core longs

Senor

#64 goldfungus

goldfungus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:50 PM

dharma

there are "some potential" divergences but a lot of other daily stuff is also confirming, right now looks, acts, smells like a big third wave to me but that can change quickly, holding core longs

Senor

During Chinese New Years the market closes and sometimes gold can struggle. But I agree, this thing is going mucho mas alto.

#65 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

Senor:  "..... and add on a nice pullback."

----------------------

The burning question is, what comprises a good entry?
I have more questions  than answers at the moment.

#66 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:46 PM

----------------------

if you are adding to your core. then where does it make sense to add. if you are trading , where do you place your stop, if you
are wrong? 1st know which strategy you are using. otherwise after a 90 advance. its very easy to get chopped to pieces. until we
get into the parabolic, which i think is a few years away. buying weakness, which is tough is the way to go. just my 2c
dharma

#67 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

i was stopped out of 1 1/2 positions this am, i am off margin.
thursday is comex option expiration, so this sell off is not much of a surprise. the majors, nem, gg, abx were all strong yesterday,
which is usually a good sign for the sector. they have all gotten lean. even abx has changed its image. i will be watching thursdays
expiration. and then on the 1st the fed meets. i want to see 1153 hold. i will step into buy mode when the parameters are right./////
republican presidents tend to favor a weak dollar. trump has aligned himself in that camp. risk on dollar risk off gold.
dont listen to the gurus they will part you from your money. they panic at the lows and are exuberant at the highs. be cold and
calculating. let your instrument panel(oscillators, support/resistance ) guide you
dharma

#68 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

the quiet board just went dead.
2 things
1 palladium has been the big winner this year, china has to clean up the environment , palladium will be in high demand there
2 next week is chinese new year holiday. if the manipulators use the closed chinese market to hit the gold price it will set
up a buying opportunity
dharma

#69 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:56 AM

----------------------

basis daily charts things such as previous 4th wave support, potential right shoulders, 200-day MA's are areas some of the indices/ETF's could possibly bottom at and some of them, depending on index/ETF, are at similar areas. Just do a little basic chart work, no rocket science here. Those areas in general are still lower "if" prices need to correct that much

Senor

#70 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,058 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:30 PM

All this talk of wave 3 making me bearish.
Looking at the monthlies it appears that the 34 month ma has not yet turned up and held which has in the past BULL been the case. Not to mention the 50. Of course this is going to have you missing a good first portion of the bull.
Surely it remains possible that we are not yet done correcting the move into 2011. This might all be a B wave now?