Watch Out

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:55 PM

I just went covered.  It's a rigged market.

No...it's a highly liquid marketplace where any or all pullbacks are easily absorbed by buyer imbalance.

Make it simple on yourself...if the MCSUM is declining, then you can consider playing the short side as the flow of money will be moving in your direction.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#32 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:07 AM

No...it's a highly liquid marketplace where any or all pullbacks are easily absorbed by buyer imbalance.

Make it simple on yourself...if the MCSUM is declining, then you can consider playing the short side as the flow of money will be moving in your direction.

Fib

Really?  This data cannot be used as the actually money flow in a market where market making is done mostly by robot high frequency trading...............

Edited by redfoliage2, 25 February 2017 - 07:10 AM.

#33 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:59 AM

Fib

Really?  This data cannot be used as the actually money flow in a market where market making is done mostly by robot high frequency trading...............

Until you free yourself of this kind of manufactured thought, you will never be able to trade the market on a technical basis.

You might as well throw darts.

Fib

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

#34 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:12 AM

The frustration is I only make money in singular big stock moves, anything with earnings that doesnt appear

to be going out of business gets the days liquidity. 

I have to have alot of different stocks to have participation in one of these a week or so. There are some trenders too fo course.

But the other point is the cross section of mutual funds

in 401k absolutely suck I guess the singular daily multipoint stock cant help a large mutual fund.

I have to get away from funds and just to a computed index thingy.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#35 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:49 AM

The frustration is I only make money in singular big stock moves, anything with earnings that doesnt appear

to be going out of business gets the days liquidity. 

I have to have alot of different stocks to have participation in one of these a week or so. There are some trenders too fo course.

But the other point is the cross section of mutual funds

in 401k absolutely suck I guess the singular daily multipoint stock cant help a large mutual fund.

I have to get away from funds and just to a computed index thingy.

Trading and investing involve two completely different concepts and trading styles. The key to both, however, is knowing not only the direction of investment capital that's either moving in or out of the market, but you also have to know its amplitude within this same dynamic, and further, it's allocation. I'm happy to report that this can still be done on a most consistent basis, but it does take a bit "reprogramming" on what you've learned (in a general way) to lift this veil of deception, and by extension, your frustration.

Fib

#36 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

I do well in the stocks when I can pick about 30 and rotate around, worse thing I do is sell a trender too early.

What is bad is the 401k mutual funds, something not right there. I complain because I can do so good is stocks how

can mutual funds be so bad.

I will look to turning the 401k funds over to a straight index over time and be done with it particularly since I expect market

to be much higher in 5 years.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#37 pisces

pisces

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:25 PM

Fib

but

My answer might sound oversimplyfied but :

it is what it is , and you have to adjust to it the best you can. if you cannot adjust , find something different to do ,period !

#38 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Im sure everybody got a way to deal with the current rigging of the market. However, my point is that MCSUM should not be used as money flow and it's misleading. But if you like Fib believe it is, that is perfectly okay with me.

Edited by redfoliage2, 26 February 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#39 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:10 PM

The marketplace is far too large and vast to be rigged...in fact, this may be classified as "fake analysis".

Fib

#40 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,032 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:15 PM

The marketplace is far too large and vast to be rigged...in fact, this may be classified as "fake analysis".

Fib

Fib:  I can excuse your ignorance as obviously you don't know the stock market is small compared to certain other financial markets, and you are not aware that someone got punished for rigging in a financial market much bigger than the stock market. 

Edited by redfoliage2, 26 February 2017 - 06:22 PM.