wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#61 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

2 days of consolidation. gold strong , the miners giving back little if anything

bradley on monday

wave 5 on deck

i have the popcorn. 

cots have improved significantly for the 2nd week the gold bull case remains strong

http://news.goldseek.../1489779050.php

dharma

i wonder how china feels they raised interest rates, dollar fell, and bond yields  came down. 

not good for holders of us bonds.  anyone think about that. ???

#62 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

imo the parameters are set. 

1195  and 1240 for gold 

silver made new lows into the fed meeting , gold did not intermarket divergence

the cots have improved dramatically over the last 2 weeks. keep in mind cots are as of tuesday . the big move was wednesday

break the 1195 lows and i am out of what i just bought

otherwise i ride. 

dharma

#63 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:05 PM

imo the parameters are set. 

1195  and 1240 for gold 

silver made new lows into the fed meeting , gold did not intermarket divergence

the cots have improved dramatically over the last 2 weeks. keep in mind cots are as of tuesday . the big move was wednesday

break the 1195 lows and i am out of what i just bought

otherwise i ride. 

dharma

I like the potential as well and went back 20% long Friday. I will say this, while a new rally high in most miner ETFs/indices would look like a possible completing 5 up, the GDXJ which had all-time single day volume on Thursdays huge rally (bullish action IMO) would be best counted as a possible 1/2, i/ii with new highs suggesting a 3rd wave because of downside overlap into Fridays decline lows. New highs are bullish either way but "could" lead to a surprise 3rd instead of a 5th. Go too low early next week and it makes recent rally look more like an abc. I favor bullish case but respect/acknowledge bearish one as well. BTW I looked at gold priced in about 7 different currencies and almost all of those charts look bullish with 5-wave advances and various stages of corrections underway. Could be a helluva decisive week coming up!

NO BS

Senor

#64 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 02:01 PM

Senor, I am long but the last 2 days' HUI:Gold closes make me nervous.

2i1ja6c.jpg

#65 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

2i1ja6c.jpg

2i1ja6c.jpg

You should be nervous whether long or short, I have said nothing is high confidence here and laid out why because of the unclear but soon likely to be clarified wave count. I have also said that IMO its a time for "lighter trading" positions and that is what I am doing, I do favor the upside but acknowledge a bearish resolution is viable, therefore I ended Friday about 20% long, for me personally it does not make sense to have large positions here whether a trader or investor - that is simply my style and what works for me very well may not work for you or others.

Senor

Edited by senorBS, 18 March 2017 - 04:59 PM.

#66 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

not doing a thing. the last signal was fed hike day. strong volume and a big up day. since then the market has consolidated.  

waiting and waiting.  

want to see follow through. 

no reason to do anything 

dharma

#67 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

not doing a thing. the last signal was fed hike day. strong volume and a big up day. since then the market has consolidated.  

waiting and waiting.  

want to see follow through. 

no reason to do anything 

dharma

unless one is a trader perhapsyes.gif I like the upside "potential" here and am 20% long, I have a feeling I wish I was more invested but from my perspective there is just not enough bullish evidence so 20% works for me for now

BSing away

Senor

#68 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:55 AM

Just looking at the chart on gld here I get the feeling we are going to have a 50 dollars plus up day soon it is a feeling obviously no guarantees
feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#69 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:40 AM

money velocity should begin changing directions. after 3 rises in rates

gdx/gdxj and a lot of miner charts have inverse h&s patterns

the commercial short position in gold is 125k  compare this to the 350k to mid last year

when the commercial short position has spiked this low  it has coincided w/bull moves in gold

it happened 4 previous times. .  what are the odds that it is different this time

i am waiting for the market to move to the upside. and i am positioned for that.  

to these eyes the market looks great.  sure i realize there are other possibilities , butbull.gif bull.gif

dharma

as an aside i am pondering a move out of govt , out of the euro , and into stocks worldwide??!!

#70 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,968 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

lets be cautiously optimistic here folks and not yet anoint this as iii of 3 - it might be but it's always a process and one day/step at a time and there is simply not enough evidence "yet". I want to see a strong day and close with gold AND the miners closing at/near session highs, if that does NOT happen it's a warning sign IMO. We have a very decent shot here but this is also where it pays to be vigilant. I would not at all like it if GDX fell below 22.89 today, not at all, it should keep pushing higher if bullish and I would like to see it take out the previous 23.45 rally high today.

as always DYODD - this is a big day IMO, close strong 3 up looks good, close weak and at or below GDX 22.89 and I am gone

Senor