wave 3?

• Please log in to reply
405 replies to this topic

#41 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:28 AM

Gold is outperforming the miners, is this bearish for the miners ?

#42 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

exited all longs, purely a trader for now

Senor

#43 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

yesterday was huge volume in the gdx . 1229 was support now resistance. i have pointed out in the cots the commercials are really short the dollar. 

she raised rates yesterday, BUT real rates are still negative. it may take some time for the market to digest yesterdays upmove.  japan left their monetary policy as is. its also indian wedding season, india is back in the gold market. 

this is not 13-15 in the gold market . the market has changed. everyone has to play the market as they are comfortable.  i am bull for the next 3-5 yrs.

yes, there will be corrections.  i will dance w/those. right now this could be a kickoff to a new impulse.  i do think the majors have to buy new revenue 

streams. so i am on the prowl in that area as i mentioned in another thread on this board. gsv continues to drill and get good results. gghas 9.9% oceana gold has 19.9%  something is going to happen there. when??????  bought another block this am.

the last 2 rises in rates produced significant gold rallies , will this one be different??? 

dharma

Edited by dharma, 16 March 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#44 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:51 AM

what pattern the wave count traces out here will be very important, so far in the HUI the pattern off decline lows appears to be a 3-step pattern to today's highs, so it could be a completed abc corrective pattern or the top of a 3rd wave where this current pullback is a wave 4 and new highs could complete a bullish 5 up. Ideally I'd like to see another several hrs of consolidation before we make a new high (if we do) and possible 5th wave. This is where I'd rather let the market tell me as I "currently" have no decisive pattern off the low. If we do get a five up then the road map gets a LOT more confident as a correction could then be bot with confidence.I am watching for now

Senor

#45 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

The HGNSI rose 6 points to -20.68

i tend to agree w/senorstrading strategy it is sound

its not my approach . but his approach is sound i am aggressive here because i think we could be on the cusp of something big but a reversal will have me scurrying

dharma 

#46 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:07 PM

The HGNSI rose 6 points to -20.68

i tend to agree w/senorstrading strategy it is sound

its not my approach . but his approach is sound i am aggressive here because i think we could be on the cusp of something big but a reversal will have me scurrying

dharma 

Dharma, FWIW Hadik I believe per this commentary is looking for a test of the Dec lows (possibly new lows) in the miners and potentially a higher low in gold - sorta weird to me but metals comments begin near 16 minute mark

http://www.howestree...vs-gold-stocks/

Senor

#47 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:28 PM

it may just be stock specific but NEM trading ugly here

Senor

#48 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:31 PM

what pattern the wave count traces out here will be very important, so far in the HUI the pattern off decline lows appears to be a 3-step pattern to today's highs, so it could be a completed abc corrective pattern or the top of a 3rd wave where this current pullback is a wave 4 and new highs could complete a bullish 5 up. Ideally I'd like to see another several hrs of consolidation before we make a new high (if we do) and possible 5th wave. This is where I'd rather let the market tell me as I "currently" have no decisive pattern off the low. If we do get a five up then the road map gets a LOT more confident as a correction could then be bot with confidence.I am watching for now[/size]

Senor[/size]

Hate to scare you but I agree 100%

#49 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:42 PM

what pattern the wave count traces out here will be very important, so far in the HUI the pattern off decline lows appears to be a 3-step pattern to today's highs, so it could be a completed abc corrective pattern or the top of a 3rd wave where this current pullback is a wave 4 and new highs could complete a bullish 5 up. Ideally I'd like to see another several hrs of consolidation before we make a new high (if we do) and possible 5th wave. This is where I'd rather let the market tell me as I "currently" have no decisive pattern off the low. If we do get a five up then the road map gets a LOT more confident as a correction could then be bot with confidence.I am watching for now[/size]

Senor[/size]

Hate to scare you but I agree 100%

Oh crapolasweatingbullets.gif  Just kiddin amigo, so far this rally chart wise is a 3 step bounce back to some key resistance ares, depending what happens from here could end up being bullish or bearish, IMO no reason to take an stances here from my "TRADING" perspective which is my only interest in this sector "at this time".

PureBS

Senor

#50 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:16 PM

Expecting a late day save with 30 min. MACD much lower than price.