wave 3??!!

• Please log in to reply
575 replies to this topic

#181 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:21 AM

lots of good information above. jabat its tough to read the dates on the chart, but i think the lows occur in the seasonal weak time of year???

the commercials have greatly reduced their short positions in gold/silver.  the resistance is 1261  then 1277, which is about where the major downtrend line comes in off the highs. then 1293 resistance.  will gold take out the downtrend line this time??  

miners perform best in a stag or inflationary environment.  there is no mania at all in this sector , valuations shout that. it will come as the fed keeps hiking rates.  and i think the hiking of rates  gets the bankster qe money ball out of the fed and into the frbanking system to be lent out.  of course who is left to borrow.???

@the height of the housing bubble in 08 arrears  were about 10%  auto loans are edging into that area. 

i am waiting to see what the tax on gold imports will be in india. lots of #s bandied about.  the black market is a force because of the 10% tax.

we could be on the verge of an explosive move up, or its just more backing and filling and waiting

chasing price is the door to catching a beating. yes , the woodshed is always right there in this sector. there is always an opportunity to buy an oversold condition

dharma

#182 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

These long term trend-lines from Armstrong are the most important lines there are, it is do or die time for Gold...

GCNYNF-M-5-15-2017.jpg

GCNYNF-EURO-M-5-15-2017.jpg

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#183 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

Jabat, thanks for that. Can you clarify who it is that is quoting Armstrong? I'm curious.

#184 johngeorge

johngeorge

• TT Member+
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:50 AM

Dollar weakness continues including lower against the yen.  Longer term I think we see dollar strength.  Will see.  Meanwhile I should think dollar weakness is a positive for gold. 

Short term interest rates rising while longer term rates are falling.  Unsure what that portends except higher dividends for my money market fund. 

Peace
johngeorge

#185 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Smithy,

This chart & the work  (done by ART) is from other website . ART  follows Armstrong 16 week gold cycle.

Armstrong is expecting next trend change on 19 June 2017. Vertical lines are 16 weeks apart.

#186 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

To read the chart- please double click to expand the chart.

#187 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

above charts btw are from... https://www.armstron...ld-euro-dollar/

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#188 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

USD22MAY.png

#189 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,622 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:16 PM

USD22MAY.png

nice chart , those looking for dollar strength may be surprised.    dharma

#190 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,201 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

USD22MAY.png

I am showing a big low for the dollar in 2020, which is the next armstrong major pi cycle bottom.