what now?

• Please log in to reply
475 replies to this topic

#51 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

Canadian dollar is breaking above it's long downtrend line from 2012, there is a strong correlation between the Canadian dollar and Gold .

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#52 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

Canadian dollar is breaking above it's long downtrend line from 2012, there is a strong correlation between the Canadian dollar and Gold .

Thanks, that is good to know!!!

Also, seems like the daily cycle top in Gold got run over by the weekly and monthly cycles pulling upwards,

so first probable target is around 1270.

Price targets depend on how fast or slow we get there, so it might change somewhat

gis

Edited by gismeu, 18 July 2017 - 08:28 AM.

If you can't buy Happiness, STEAL IT!

#53 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

i will let you know when the rally takes shape

i have posted a chart of the miners/gold numerous times. miners topped vs gold in 1996, i believe it was because money velocity went negative and stayed negative. 

i am feeling money velocity is going to turn up very soon. if so this will move institutional investors into gold. miners. so, unless the broad market crashes, causing the baby to be thrown out w/the bath water.  i am building a large miner position. miners declined 80-90% from 2012 -2016 . they are still very cheap. i try to avoid companies that are going to need financing.  so, if gold rises coupled w/money velocity pulling out of its 20year bear, then the miners will be very desirable 

the royalty companies are the best performers so far. there is a fairly new player in the space. i like what osisko gold royalties did during the bear phase. so, i am doing research on the company. not investment advice. a heads up.   do your own due diligence or it wont be your money for long

during the 2012 -2016 phase the gold bull market infrastructure has been built out. suisse smelters were bought by indians. exchanges have been established. so the infrastructure has been put in place this is may imports into india http://www.graceland...l18bullera1.png this produced the top and june buying by india was small waiting for the gst tax.  but from here on out they should be big players in the market as always

dharma 

#54 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

dharma,

would you be open to share with us which miners you like?

Thanks, gis

#55 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

dharma,

would you be open to share with us which miners you like?

Thanks, gis

ok 

aau, aem , ag , anlky, cgoof, chpgf, exk , gsv, lgdtf, ng, ngd, obnnf. or, pvg, sgsvf, vitff,  i left some off . some of these i am still in accumulation mode. and some explorers are so thin, if some folks stepped in  it would push up the price so i left them off, 

due your own due diligence. 

dharma

i have also become interested in taho , havent done any buying, but i am watching the situation there w/the guatamalen govt, i may never buy this , but the outcome is of interest.  

technically after a big decline like this i like to see divergences. in momentum. too early for that to occur. but it is an interesting situation that could affect other miners.  if guatamala shuts tahos operation. that will end mining investment in that country.  and which other countries in the area could follow suit. so for me this is quite interesting

Edited by dharma, 18 July 2017 - 11:01 AM.

#56 gismeu

gismeu

• Traders-Talk User
  • 908 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

thanks heaps,

gis

#57 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

this is not a complete list. i do have gg as well as some others and explorers

fronteer gold was taken out some years. back . their management team formed pilot gold, which is now liberty gold they have 3 mines all of which are in western usa. all w/promise. their team is savvy and have been taken out before. this is the kind of team i look for. experience and dont come to market periodically w/hat in hand to get money.  i am building a position in this stock . slowly accumulating shares. 

in the 70s bull , which i believe this bull is a fractal of . miners went being valued for ounces known to ounces implied that will happen again

as i stated previously , i believe we are in the fall of 78 here. which will go out the window, if this is a C 

right now there is a powerful combination of planets in conjunction

dharma

Edited by dharma, 18 July 2017 - 02:35 PM.

#58 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

solid day for gold and miners. Need to see miner start seriously outperforming soon if a large 3 or C norte is really getting underway. Gold closed nicely above 50-day MA and now 200-day MA resistance looms near 1247-1248. CRB also has a "potential" bullish 3rd wave up scenario basis daily chart as well, next few days appear critical

Senor

#59 tradesurfer

tradesurfer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:56 PM

I suggest everyone look at the price action in the XAU index from the time frame JUNE 29, 2007 to  AUGUST 16, 2007

Do you see here how the XAU previous to this time frame was in a long SIDEWAYS bearish channel

but then finally on June 29, 2007 it broke out north.. this APPEARS to be what is happening now.

but as you can see near the END of JULY XAU was met with resistance and the WHOLE XAU SWUNG down violently all the way back down to long term support going into MID AUGUST.

this whole decline after the breakout was 25 % !!!!!

they tricked everyone into thinking the breakout was done and that it would be EASY MONEY and relaxing ride UP.

BUT NO, instead they violently shot the XAU back down into MID AUGUST and ONLY from that point forward did the XAU sky rocket NORTH.

comments ???

do you see this happening again ?????

my main point here is that the setup in GDX or XAU right now LOOKS TOO EASY.  A nice compressed triangle and will simply break out north and just keep going and make everyone a bundle of dough...... but remember why should this market make things so simple and easy for us ????

#60 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

I suggest everyone look at the price action in the XAU index from the time frame JUNE 29, 2007 to  AUGUST 16, 2007

Do you see here how the XAU previous to this time frame was in a long SIDEWAYS bearish channel

but then finally on June 29, 2007 it broke out north.. this APPEARS to be what is happening now.

but as you can see near the END of JULY XAU was met with resistance and the WHOLE XAU SWUNG down violently all the way back down to long term support going into MID AUGUST.

this whole decline after the breakout was 25 % !!!!!

they tricked everyone into thinking the breakout was done and that it would be EASY MONEY and relaxing ride UP.

BUT NO, instead they violently shot the XAU back down into MID AUGUST and ONLY from that point forward did the XAU sky rocket NORTH.

comments ???

do you see this happening again ?????

my main point here is that the setup in GDX or XAU right now LOOKS TOO EASY.  A nice compressed triangle and will simply break out north and just keep going and make everyone a bundle of dough...... but remember why should this market make things so simple and easy for us ????

LOL, it has been far from simple for a LONG time now - weeks/months/years,  thanks for the alert and assuming we get a possible several day or week "breakout" I will be on alert for ALL possibilities

Senor