• 10,963 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:10 AM

the market bottomed in oct 87....time to buy....aug 87 was the time to sell   

#22 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

2010 was the exception, only warning was a divergent NYMO, NYAD was at the highs. The recovery only took a few months but

I can find no warning that wouldn't normally have failed many times, NYMO is unreliable for tops. It can happen again, but not an 87 or 29 style without divergent A/D. Continuing to short and get stopped, I don't think one can make up those losses even if the market does crash. The first hourly oversold they are going to cover, then what ?

Edited by CLK, 04 October 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#23 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,038 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:01 PM

My intra-day radar shows that Mr. Market just made an ejaculation  .............

Edited by redfoliage2, 04 October 2017 - 12:05 PM.

#24 gameover

gameover

• Traders-Talk User
  • 846 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:45 PM

i am now

SHORT

russell 2000 at 1515

for a st trade

this ejaculation due to short covering wave that is over

Edited by gameover, 04 October 2017 - 12:46 PM.

#25 q4wer

q4wer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

giveup.gif

#26 libertas

libertas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:56 PM

"If you're a pro, you have to be Bullish in here, generally." sez Mark.

Yes, quite right, because if you are a pro your clients will forgive you for losing their money so long as everyone they know is also losing. But they will not forgive you for being out of the market when their buddies' portfolios are gaining.

Which is why most anyone who says "I've got a guy who takes care of my investments" is a fool. They are paying someone to make sure they are following the crowd. Which will inevitably underperform the market.

The crowd can seem to be right a lot of the time. But it is always wrong in the end.

#27 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,963 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:20 PM

"If you're a pro, you have to be Bullish in here, generally." sez Mark.

Yes, quite right, because if you are a pro your clients will forgive you for losing their money so long as everyone they know is also losing. But they will not forgive you for being out of the market when their buddies' portfolios are gaining.

Which is why most anyone who says "I've got a guy who takes care of my investments" is a fool. They are paying someone to make sure they are following the crowd. Which will inevitably underperform the market.

The crowd can seem to be right a lot of the time. But it is always wrong in the end.

its tuff to join the bull after 16000 pts up if u never got a piece of it ....human nature

#28 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,038 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

First time for the recent four days intra-day money flow went negative.

#29 tommyt

tommyt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,136 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:06 AM

"First time for the recent four days intra-day money flow went negative."

You dont need to pick the top redf, you have been looking for it for a long time...there will be time to get short.

#30 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,022 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

The advisors at the National Association of Active Investment Managers has been Bullish since April of last year. All. The. Way. Up. 500 SPX points.

The ones who are under-performing are those who got too Bearish too soon when there was no place else to put money.

NAAIM10-05-17.gif

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter