New crypto bitcoin thread III

• Please log in to reply
341 replies to this topic

#81 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:15 AM

I think the tokens do basically nothing for a couple months, I'm down in everything except PPT and it's looking like it could top.

The big names are taking the money from the tokens and they just can't hold on to the gains. I think there is plenty of time to 

accumulate without risking a runaway rally. I put about 2k in ETH this morning in what looks to be a run to 700-800. 

I need more income on a regular basis to cover monthly expenses, you can't really get that with buying the tokens or coins, so as quick 

as I can get the money I want to invest with Pandex, I can't afford my money going flat or down in these tokens for months and not

have money coming in.

Edited by CLK, 23 November 2017 - 10:19 AM.

#82 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

I don't trust ether wallets, they can screen capture while putting in key and take your coins. Security is going to be a problem in this business. Hardware wallets are the best, but then where are you going to keep it ?

Edited by CLK, 23 November 2017 - 10:18 AM.

#83 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:46 AM

when the main coins are in impulse the alts and tokens will not do well

but then, the token that is unchanged in eth price, is higher when sold for ether. I regret I didnt have

more ETH here.

"marxism-lennonism-communism always fails and never worked, because I know

some of them, and they don't work"  M.Jordan

#84 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

some good relative strength with ETH up, is REQ PPP PLR,

I did just add some REQ and PPP yesterday these are webbot items I just need to fill out some.

#85 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:47 AM

I don't trust ether wallets, they can screen capture while putting in key and take your coins. Security is going to be a problem in this business. Hardware wallets are the best, but then where are you going to keep it ?

I didnt check into hardware wallet yet, keep it in safe is pretty cumbersome going on and off the computer during the day,

have to vault it when leaving house I guess. Is this depending on one electronic device, like thumb drives fail?

But when opening myetherwallet.com the private key does not get displayed on screen.

What I have to do is get all crypto related info files off harddrive and onto usb/flash duplicates, be sure external backup harddrive is passworded etc.

#86 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

I think the tokens do basically nothing for a couple months, I'm down in everything except PPT and it's looking like it could top.

The big names are taking the money from the tokens and they just can't hold on to the gains. I think there is plenty of time to 

accumulate without risking a runaway rally. I put about 2k in ETH this morning in what looks to be a run to 700-800. 

I need more income on a regular basis to cover monthly expenses, you can't really get that with buying the tokens or coins, so as quick 

as I can get the money I want to invest with Pandex, I can't afford my money going flat or down in these tokens for months and not

have money coming in.

yeah but tokens should swing in by late Feb and some in Jan so for example if PLR explodes wont be much

warning whether it is Jan or Feb cant know that, all I know is I have 22,000 of them and will be there. Its different for

me having an earlier start in this and broad portfolio.

in any case it is believed the ETH and LTC should be near term leaders so go with that.

#87 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

My est. account value is inflated on hitbtc, something must be wrong with the system, they have me up 50% since 12pm,

nothing went up that much.

Now it's right, system is still unstable.

Edited by CLK, 23 November 2017 - 05:58 PM.

#88 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

Sold ETH, bought the top after the fact as usual. Hourly MACD topped and rolling over.

#89 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

on 6 hours macd configuration litecoin is likely to moon a bar in 6 to 12 hours.

Since you are attempting short term trading which I dont believe in much, it can whittle away your capital and then

your not there in force for the epic waves.

Maybe you can distribute across a couple top coins, skim what is up in the period of interest.

I dont have enough in the bitcoins now to do anything about it but i need to learn to swing with the btc bth counter cycles.

Cliff should have an interview with archanebear on utube but likely posted on the webbot twitter too, may have some timing

and rotational flow info. Bear is a trader and will want to talk about specific coins.

In the eth current view I would suspect it is not fully topped without an macd divergence and would have held instead of any loss yet, 

the other point of these things they will make your right so no need to take a loss even 10% above the breakout I would ride the 10% test

instead of taking loss. I like cryptowat.ch charts in 12,6,4 hours to look at macd but it is not my focus to deal in short term unless I am 

really at an extreme that needs watched like preparting to buy a low.

Edited by AChartist, 23 November 2017 - 10:26 PM.

#90 AChartist

AChartist

Tim

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:47 PM

Anyway the way to work this is just hold until August.

We have the webbot forecast for litecoin to match ETH, litecoin to be the darling of the spring wave.

Skim some extremes to add something else for diversifications in pullbacks along the way.

This is going to be historic and it is only going to happen once until August just hold.

When eth ran to 400 I just had conviction and added in pullbacks, made bullish assumptions on the ewave positions

and it had some big pullbacks didnt phase me. It was capital I built other things up with, I think I even had the webbot date

for the high that worked.