emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#221 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

my work is pointing to a feb high as well. after chinese new years, when the chinese go on hollidays feb 19 th week.  then we will see a correction. then i have a run into april/may period which should leave gold quite a bit higher. and a big bottom for the dollar.  

right here i have resistance  1358, 1375,1392,and then 1409   i think it is entirely possible that gold runs to those #s in february

i have been pointing out for some time how the infrastructure for the market has changed (dubai quattro  shanghai, and w/mumbai scheduled to come on stream) the viper den of comex and london will still be there, but not only them , there are physical markets in the east.  the game is changing the world is changing.  those mountains of debt are starting to weigh, trump had an empire built on enormous debt. now as president he has the luxury of lowering the dollar to make the debt more affordable. 

anyway, sparing all of us from all the details we have discussed for a decade now.  things have changed.  for me the first explorer gets taken out and the game will have changed in the segment of the market i do the most research.   king world news has a piece by the ceo of gsv, who is a sponsor on kwn, but i think is a wonderful explorer.  once that 1st company gets taken out , then its game on for this segment .  i have positioned accordingly.   miners will way outstrip the metal once confidence is restored in the sector.  majors have been running their depleting assets for quite some time.  they need to find new supplies, the least expensive way is to buy someone elses efforts and give them a pay day.  any weakness shows up in explorers that i like namely 2  i am a buyer. 

more on gsv         VANCOUVER, B.C., Jan. 23, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gold Standard Ventures Corp. (GSV.TO) (NYSE AMERICAN:GSV) (“Gold Standard” or the “Company) today announced results from nine Dark Star deposit infill holes and five exploration drill holes on its 100%-owned/controlled Railroad Gold Project in Nevada’s Carlin Trend (please refer to the following link - https://goldstandard...018-drill-maps/ ). Infill hole DS17-35 intersected 237.8m of 2.96 g Au/t, including 93.0m of 5.06 g Au/t, and infill hole DS17-37 intersected 141.8m of 3.32 g Au/t, including 25.9m of 8.63 g Au/t. These are the thickest and highest-grade intercepts drilled to date at the Dark Star deposit, confirming once again the outstanding potential of this thick, laterally-continuous zone of near-surface oxide mineralization

dharma

russ - i read hadik  thanks for posting his thoughts.   over the last years i have followed him , he is astute.   his work also calls for a dollar low in april/may.  not surprising gold swoons in the summer

Edited by dharma, 24 January 2018 - 04:03 PM.

#222 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:22 AM

You're welcome Dharma,  I agree that Eric Hadik is very impressive, nobody in this business is perfect but his level of analysis is tops. I found this article on debt by Armstrong to also be quite good and his warning that government debt is not going to end well...

"Therefore, the idea that increasing the money supply will automatically result in a proportional amount of inflation cannot be proven by any means of a statistical study. It is a nice theory, but it has never been proven to work.

This is why those who claim gold is being manipulated or it would be $10,000 based upon proportional analysis is just bogus. But it is also bogus that governments can stimulate the economy as well. Hence, 10 years nearly of ECB quantitative easing failed to reverse the deflation. There is a lot more to this complex mix than meets the eye. The debt is actually where money parks and thus it is reducing economic growth otherwise that wealth would be investing in the economy and you would see greater price advances.

Roman-decline-silver-content-monetary-sy

If we had simply created the money instead of borrowing it, the national debt would be less than 50% of what it is today. At times, 70% is accumulative interest expenditures.

The government borrowing competes with the private sector reducing economic growth and creating a bid for money that raises interest rates for the average person. Inflation did not go crazy in Rome until about 250AD onward. Once the people begin to lose confidence in the economic system, that is when things go exponential.

The theory that it is less inflationary to borrow than to create meant something when government debt was not collateral for loans. You could not borrow against TBills or bonds before 1971. Ever since, once government debt could be used for collateral to borrow against,  borrowing became more inflationary than printing because we then have to pay interest to keep it rolling when we have no intention of paying it off.

The entire system will go crazy and as interest rates rise, the debt will explode. As central banks raise interest rates, a new phase of inflation will emerge. Some will blame Trump’s tax cuts. But this is all about the interest expenditures will begin to crowd out all other areas of spending.

Debt today is simply money that pays interest.

https://www.armstron...hout-inflation/

Edited by Russ, 25 January 2018 - 12:25 AM.

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#223 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:53 AM

russ i never had any doubts that armstrong gets it, he does. for me this is a redeux of the 70s the weight of the debt will prevent gdp to get to normal rates of growth.  we will be mired in stagflation. much like the 70s .the timing and way this whole cycle plays out is where the difference of opinions play out. in the end the best story is gold has been money for 5k years. there are only pds in history where gold is not money . the period from 71 to the present is the longest such period  

any how, i am posting the present analysis on the gold market by the gann guy. this is top flight analysis. he covers it from  a few different perspectives. there is one view that i found interesting. in the 70s golds move and oils move was like a hand to a glove they really supported or moved in unison.  today i see the same thing taking shape. he brings that to light  http://www.gannglobal.com/webinar/2018/01/18-01-24-Video-Offer-Is-Open.php?inf_contact_key=ea1182fc0b959ccb016339ce5f93f41d446909d5f89c3eef0d51f2d2b135d263     enjoy

dharma

#224 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:33 AM

Some realistic targets on this wave 3 are gdx 43 gdxj 72 and gld 155 just my take

And I believe wave 3 up started Dec 12 fwiw
feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#225 stubaby

stubaby

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

russ i never had any doubts that armstrong gets it, he does. for me this is a redeux of the 70s the weight of the debt will prevent gdp to get to normal rates of growth.  we will be mired in stagflation. much like the 70s .the timing and way this whole cycle plays out is where the difference of opinions play out. in the end the best story is gold has been money for 5k years. there are only pds in history where gold is not money . the period from 71 to the present is the longest such period  

any how, i am posting the present analysis on the gold market by the gann guy. this is top flight analysis. he covers it from  a few different perspectives. there is one view that i found interesting. in the 70s golds move and oils move was like a hand to a glove they really supported or moved in unison.  today i see the same thing taking shape. he brings that to light  http://www.gannglobal.com/webinar/2018/01/18-01-24-Video-Offer-Is-Open.php?inf_contact_key=ea1182fc0b959ccb016339ce5f93f41d446909d5f89c3eef0d51f2d2b135d263     enjoy

dharma

Thanks dharma for the gann guy - definitely a critical position here!

#226 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:32 AM

looks like an early gap filling decline that may have already ended some on the weakness

Senor

#227 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

Waiting to. See volume and momentum

#228 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

this is not investment advice i added to pvg just now i read their guidance and frankly i think the market over reacted to their present guidance . this is a very high grade mine operated by a very experienced ceo who is well known in the business-bob quartermaine. it is located in a great location. the mine has everything going for it. so i added. of course none of these facts guarantee anything, but i try to stack the deck in my favor as an investor.  

volume will come in later, when we break the tr.  all of this action is within the current tr.  i dont see volume being a concern or factor in here. break out of the tr then its a different ball game. so far the action looks constructive.  chinese new years is still to come.  once they go on holidays, the correction will come.  for now breaking out of the tr is the critical point.  the sinking dollar is a good backdrop for the bulls. the oil market pressing to new highs is a good foundation for the pms. lots of pieces falling in place

dharma

#229 gannman

gannman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

I agree not worried about volume . I think we are approaching a short term top fwiw
feeling mellow with the yellow metal

#230 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,199 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:40 PM

Getting ready to rock, hui macd already crossed over...  

"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/