Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

added some nem at 37.92, about 35% long now, as always DYODD

Senor

#462 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:03 AM

the declines in the miners the last few days have been on declining volume.  gdx  keeps making lower lows not substantiated by gdxj . positive divergence. unless volume comes in on the downside, i would think this downmove is played. out. started light buying.   

dharma

#463 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

the declines in the miners the last few days have been on declining volume.  gdx  keeps making lower lows not substantiated by gdxj . positive divergence. unless volume comes in on the downside, i would think this downmove is played. out. started light buying.   

dharma

agree, and we have really had what I consider capitulations and now very oversold conditions in some stocks like ABX and AEM and some others, this sorta fits with the ugly/bottom right side of a 4-5 yr basing pattern where some stocks are doing well and others getting bombed and that way we don't see major new index /ETF lows but instead this ragged/ugly action. we see

Senor

#464 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

One more trip down to complete this down imo

#465 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:47 PM

I very much like how this day and week have gone. "Feels like" they have again thrown the kitchen sink at the gold sector but gold is near 1330. yeah the miners have been very weak but think about this - the ONLY TIME THE HUI/GOLD RATIO has been lower than it is right now was into the historic HUI/GOLD ratio bottom registered in Dec/Jan of 2015/2016. Right now the HUI/GOLD ratio is basically tied with THE lows made in the 2000 bottom, ya think this just might be a good time to own some miners? we see

BSing away

Senor

#466 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:04 PM

I very much like how this day and week have gone. "Feels like" they have again thrown the kitchen sink at the gold sector but gold is near 1330. yeah the miners have been very weak but think about this - the ONLY TIME THE HUI/GOLD RATIO has been lower than it is right now was into the historic HUI/GOLD ratio bottom registered in Dec/Jan of 2015/2016. Right now the HUI/GOLD ratio is basically tied with THE lows made in the 2000 bottom, ya think this just might be a good time to own some miners? we see

BSing away

Senor

i tend to buy and hold , i time my buys so for me ,its why i have been saying miners are in the gutter. , they are dirt cheap. can they get cheaper , always a possibility. but i see volume drying up   divergences in the indexes.  the key is to buy miners that have cash, not the ones that will be raising money to stay in biz.  get excellent experienced management teams. and are in a good safe jurisdiction.   takes some time.   i sold some trades into the big resistance and i am adding back.   i dont have a crystal ball. but what i do see is lack of fiscal restraint. all the stimulus will serve to create larger deficits.  every time rates are raised , it costs the govt billions in borrowing costs.  they raise rates and the dollar gets weaker, counter intuitive.  only seen rare times before.  this first shot down in the broad market is the shot across the bow.  got gold 

dharma

Edited by dharma, 23 February 2018 - 03:06 PM.

#467 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

BSing away

Senor

i tend to buy and hold , i time my buys so for me ,its why i have been saying miners are in the gutter. , they are dirt cheap. can they get cheaper , always a possibility. but i see volume drying up   divergences in the indexes.  the key is to buy miners that have cash, not the ones that will be raising money to stay in biz.  get excellent experienced management teams. and are in a good safe jurisdiction.   takes some time.   i sold some trades into the big resistance and i am adding back.   i dont have a crystal ball. but what i do see is lack of fiscal restraint. all the stimulus will serve to create larger deficits.  every time rates are raised , it costs the govt billions in borrowing costs.  they raise rates and the dollar gets weaker, counter intuitive.  only seen rare times before.  this first shot down in the broad market is the shot across the bow.  got gold 

dharma

yep, just look at ABX vs NEM for the too much debt vs well managed/good balance sheet situation and then look at their stock performance, and it also looks like after a sharp correction the CRB is again headed to and very likely IMO well above the 200 level

Senor

#468 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

HUI:Gold to Gold daily chart bullish divergence on the close. Ditto SILJ and SLV.

Have a good weekend, all. 

#469 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

Critical area here for so many charts...suspect we headfake

#470 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

Sunday 2/25: Made a bet with a friend of mine spot gold will trade at 1309 within 2 weeks i.e. by Friday March 9th.