emerging wave 3

• Please log in to reply
1565 replies to this topic

#491 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:13 PM

fwiw , for some time time i have been thinking march 2-5 for the bottom. i will now extend that until the 9th.  

dont know how it shakes out. but i do think this will be a very significant bottom. as the tr/ base is quite large. 

saving amo  there is alot of naked shorting going on.  

dharma

agree, keeping 2/3 of my powder dry in case we get a big washout in everything vs the AEM/ABX selective disasters we have going on now. I do think gold in a wave C that could fail or yet take out the 1307 low. I like your time frames, continued very interesting action

Senor

#492 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,073 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

if we see a move down to 1304 area and then a sharp move higher i will be adding. Not till then.

I bet lots of hungry buyers waiting for one more capitulation event.

been there before. not this time.

#493 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:05 AM

Gold-30-min-18.jpg

#494 jabat

jabat

• Traders-Talk User
  • 606 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

Eric Hadik view

Another factor that remains in focus, to see if there is a direct correlation or not, is the preponderance of daily, weekly & monthly cycles projecting a low in Gold stocks (XAU Index) for March 7 - 9.  While the two equity markets often trade out of sync, significant turning points are sometimes set during a spike (low or high) in the overall equity market. 

#495 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:24 AM

if we see a move down to 1304 area and then a sharp move higher i will be adding. Not till then.

I bet lots of hungry buyers waiting for one more capitulation event.

been there before. not this time.

agree Dougie, maybe we get a near term contracting tri here for a 4 and then take out 1307 in v of C, however there is a decent chance IMO that 1307 does not get taken out, either way I think we are getting "close"

Senor

#496 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

waiting and waiting . last time miners made new lows they reversed and made a small V bottom.   hard to determine if there is more capitulation to come.   the selling is relentless . yes, i see that cycle in the miners its why i extended my  reversal to the the 9th.  we are close in time here.  price can do anything.  the fundamentals for gold keep improving .  tax cuts, infrastructure spending, raising rates. etc etc all gold friendly, in the end the deficits will grow. , of course it doesnt matter until it does.  

i will key off gold , but my interest in more bang for the buck ie miners

dharma

#497 senorBS

senorBS

• TT Member+
  • 10,970 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:39 AM

of note the HUI did make a new CLOSING low since the Feb 2017 possible 5 up high, there is a decent chance it could have ended a deep double zig decline as daily RSI is oversold and so far has diverged into yesterdays new "closing low". Of course to help confirm a "possible" low and that potential bullish divergence we need to see a sharp rally, we see

Senor

#498 Smithy

Smithy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:46 AM

4 hr spot gold candidate RPW, below 1313 would break it.

#499 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

so far so good. C wave should end soon.  still developing

here is hadiks most recent post http://40yearcycle.c...-latest-signal/

while we are waiting . its an elaboration of his thinking.  i came about this from an astro point of view.   

just waiting.  as senor pointed out we now have divergences in the miner sector. would be great if these held

they dont have to .   i still think w/all the spinning plates.  this sector could surprise this year. 

what a mess. 

dharma

#500 dharma

dharma

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,625 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

this was a chart i had a keen eye on. back in the bull . somehow the relationship  lost its way.  i cant help but think w/the huge deficits of obama and now trump this chart will come back to the fore. everything moves in cycles . in and out of favor.  http://www.gold-eagl...-and-gold-price

i read today , marty, that draghi is also trapped in hotel california. w/ negative interest rates in italy.  how distorted have cbs made this whole mess.  

dharma

sentiment is turning slowly slowly  

Edited by dharma, 28 February 2018 - 03:53 PM.