LONG ES @2758.5

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:23 AM

I also didn't time my entry at Friday's close. I had that price target which happen to hit during close.

Edited by melonseed, 05 February 2018 - 01:24 AM.

Trade safe.

#12 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:04 AM

-16 for my last trade. wrong calculations

Trade safe.

#13 alexnewbee

alexnewbee

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:37 AM

Covered my short from 2839 for 90 points profit.
"we do G.d's work" Lloyd Blankfein

#14 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:20 AM

The best chance of a bounce occurring from oversold conditions and capitulation breadth is today, but the bounce may occur following a steep drop after the market opens. If the market is still "normal", the banks should bounce the hardest, because they have been sold the least and also because they have the best fundamental backdrop of any sector due to rising rates. 

#15 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:17 AM

looking good. But I almost crapped my pants. When weak hands dump their money, very hard to hold on to ours without shaking a little.

Edited by melonseed, 05 February 2018 - 10:19 AM.

Trade safe.

#16 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

The best chance of a bounce occurring from oversold conditions and capitulation breadth is today, but the bounce may occur following a steep drop after the market opens. If the market is still "normal", the banks should bounce the hardest, because they have been sold the least and also because they have the best fundamental backdrop of any sector due to rising rates. 

Tech seems to be coming back a little stronger. Their few excellent earnings being been sold off last week.

Trade safe.

#17 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:26 AM

And nice call there.

Trade safe.

#18 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

And nice call there.

Thanks Melonseed.  ES jumping from 2736 to 2761 does not hurt, thats for sure.  Locking in some gains here. Need to watch sector action like a hawk.

While the market bounced after a steep drop to NQ6683, the Banks haven't quite rocketed up like I expected them to.  Its been tech all the way. The benign explanation is that Financials will be bought later today or tomorrow.  SOX is at 1328, and if it is able to reclaim 1340 convincingly, then this rally could have some serious legs.  Otherwise, still possible this is just a technical bounce that gets sold by the end of today or by the end of trading tomorrow at the latest.

#19 melonseed

melonseed

• Traders-Talk User
  • 628 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

And nice call there.

Thanks Melonseed.  ES jumping from 2736 to 2761 does not hurt, thats for sure.  Locking in some gains here. Need to watch sector action like a hawk.

While the market bounced after a steep drop to NQ6683, the Banks haven't quite rocketed up like I expected them to.  Its been tech all the way. The benign explanation is that Financials will be bought later today or tomorrow.  SOX is at 1328, and if it is able to reclaim 1340 convincingly, then this rally could have some serious legs.  Otherwise, still possible this is just a technical bounce that gets sold by the end of today or by the end of trading tomorrow at the latest.

Ya I almost crapped my pants because I went long on NQ as well

Trade safe.

#20 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 10:44 AM

Yes, the algos continually test our intestinal fortitude and strength of convictions.  Congrats on holding through that scary initial drop.