SPX

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:26 PM

I still think I can make a couple million with my system, it just takes having a neutral bias, resisting putting on hedges,

trading the first brick immediately, can go half in then other half on a counter move after the signal. You have to be patient

even with the hourly, some moves are over in a few days, many take two weeks or more. The counter moves are tough to

watch, not many can endure 20-30 points drawdown without reversing, but without a close, they often bounce back.

#42 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:57 AM

It's been 9 days since a top pick worked on a gap up trade within a Renko uptrend, which resulted in 40 points downside.

I wouldn't be trying a day trade short here at all unless another gap up on weak internals happens, which I doubt because

2740 resistance was broken yesterday. So the close "looked" bearish, rolling over on the hourly, now the futures are up

so carrying an eod short is a disaster here. Be on the right side of price, don't short unless price or the rare internals signal

set up is there.

Don't add to winning trades, it's too late and sets up for failure on a turn. Just add on counter moves until the signal reverses.

This could be a non stop move to 3000 or could end after another 10 points, doing nothing until a real reversal.

Edited by CLK, 05 June 2018 - 05:05 AM.

#43 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Internals not there on the gap so I shorted just now. Not closing system long until a reversal.

#44 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

Anyone trading these signals I'm posting?  How much better are you going to get, internals approaching 100% accuracy.

Looked bad though didn't it before the drop. Have to trust the signal and give it time.

#45 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:34 AM

Good start, might not get much mileage though, the breakout was strong yesterday. So if this sells a lot more it covers

my drawdown on a reversal.

#46 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

Closed short earlier, re-shorted and closed again, breakeven. I think the rally has much more to go.

Not interested in any more day trades, could have closed for 50% gain but I usually look for more than that,

maybe should just try to put together a string of 10 of those, they don't happen but about twice in a month though.

Edited by CLK, 05 June 2018 - 02:07 PM.

#47 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

Internals were there on the gap so I figured any dip would be bought so I did nothing. Should have put in a buy limit

and added, had to go out didn't watch it.

#48 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

For gap down's, you will hardly ever see higher internals at first, so really the signal is only good

for gap up's. It's the only way I will try to pick a top, otherwise I just stay with the trend.

Edited by CLK, 06 June 2018 - 07:23 PM.

#49 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:44 AM

Shorted for Friday, internals continuously dropping, I don't think the market drops much though.

Out for a loss, no top today.

Edited by CLK, 07 June 2018 - 08:51 AM.

#50 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

If trading all in, stop and reverse will have to be a partial from another account or added money since the funds won't

be available until the next day, usually there is a retrace the next day even though the signal is from an hourly chart,

so it may work out better having to wait. Best to buy some on the signal and add the rest on the retrace.